rated by 0 users
This post has 1,868 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:50 AM

Robin:
I've hit busy season smack on.  Met with students and parents who are going to state this year and planned funderaisers last night.  Wow what a busy collection of things to do.

I surely don't know how you keep your wits about you. Lots of directions to go in all the time with everything you have on your plate.

Happy Hump day to you too... 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:29 PM

Robin:

I hope that you all had a great day yesterday.   Mine was busy.  I've hit busy season smack on.  Met with students and parents who are going to state this year and planned funderaisers last night.  Wow what a busy collection of things to do.

Linny thanks for the tea site.  I'll have to look at it more closely later.

I don't know how you keep up with it when it's not busy season.  All I can say is God Bless You.  

I thought of you in particular when I posted that link :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,280
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:59 PM

Linny t:

A quick link post for all you Downton Abbey fans all about a proper tea service.  It has some good recipes in there, too.

What a wonderful link.  I truly enjoyed reading all of the finer points of a good tea.   Donn lived in England for several years as a child.  He would love it.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:29 PM

Lillie:
wow Diane. Look at all your beautiful buttons!  Did they come in that tin?

Yes, they came in the tin.  The tin is not vintage---just looks that way.  I keep looking through the buttons.  Stephanie--you are right.  It is fun.

I have been busy this week going to doctors.  I was so happy to hear from my diabetes doctor that I lost 26 lbs in 2013!  I have been wanting to lose this weight for years.  When I moved here, since there is a 7-11 across the street, I took full advantage of that.  Coffee and a couple of donuts or chocolate daily.  I put on about 20 lbs.  My doctor was happy.    I do look better but I have a long way to go.  Another 20 would be good.  After that, I don't think I could decrease the calories enough to lose more.  I think getting the Noro virus last year and not being able to eat junk food for a month helped me learn that I could live without it.  I chew bubble gum and drink coffee with a sweet creamer if I get hungry to keep my blood sugar up.  I do eat 3 meals a day.  Anyway, I hope this continues.

Have a nice night everyone.

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,280
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 4:51 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke of early this morning after a restless night.   I just couldn't get comfortable. 

I'm it's Thursday so I'll stay late today to work with kids on their projects for state.   I'm also expecting the butcher to have me some bones to roast for making beef broth.  They have to be pick up today.   I've never had to hunt down bones before.

I do have a bit of a prayer request.  My mom is having Carotid Artery Surgery on the 30th.  Please keep her in your prayers.  She has had it done before so hopefully it will be smooth sailing.   She is a stubborn lady.  She will not let me stay in the hospital with her like I usually do because I have a field trip the next day and she didn't want me to cancel it.  Fortunately she did agree for my oldest to stay with her.

I hope that you all have a beautiful day and that it would be full of fun.

Diane,  Congrats on the weight loss and the buttons are beautiful.

Everyone else enjoy you something that you love and think of me when you do it.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:42 AM

Congratulations Diane! I know how hard it is to lose weight. You go girl!!!!!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 7:42 AM

Diane, 

That's wonderful news! Got a kick out of the bubble gum. It never goes out of style. :0) I'm still down my first 20 and hoping to lose another 5 by the time I go t the doctors at the end of the month. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 7:46 AM

Robin,

Sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping. Your mind is probably working in it's sleep with everything you have to do. It's miserable not to get good rest. A full moon too.

I will put your mom on my prayer list. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 7:51 AM

Been a busy girl here too. Computer fixes, and getting stuff ready for taxes. Spent 12 hours yesterday logging the last of things and am ready to file. So happy about that. I'm far ahead of the game this year. 

Hoping to get busy on our rr this weekend.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:16 AM

Robin:
I do have a bit of a prayer request.  My mom is having Carotid Artery Surgery on the 30th.  Please keep her in your prayers.  She has had it done before so hopefully it will be smooth sailing.   She is a stubborn lady.  She will not let me stay in the hospital with her like I usually do because I have a field trip the next day and she didn't want me to cancel it.  Fortunately she did agree for my oldest to stay with her.
 You bet, Robin.  Prayers starting now.  That's sweet about her not wanting you to cancel your plans.  I bet you'll be with her in spirit all day anyway.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:18 AM

Stephanie:

Been a busy girl here too. Computer fixes, and getting stuff ready for taxes. Spent 12 hours yesterday logging the last of things and am ready to file. So happy about that. I'm far ahead of the game this year. 

Hoping to get busy on our rr this weekend.  

Wow, You are ahead of the game this year.  Happy for you.  Much less stress for you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:19 AM

Diane:
I have been busy this week going to doctors.  I was so happy to hear from my diabetes doctor that I lost 26 lbs in 2013!  I have been wanting to lose this weight for years.  When I moved here, since there is a 7-11 across the street, I took full advantage of that.  Coffee and a couple of donuts or chocolate daily.  I put on about 20 lbs.  My doctor was happy.    I do look better but I have a long way to go.  Another 20 would be good.  After that, I don't think I could decrease the calories enough to lose more.  I think getting the Noro virus last year and not being able to eat junk food for a month helped me learn that I could live without it.  I chew bubble gum and drink coffee with a sweet creamer if I get hungry to keep my blood sugar up.  I do eat 3 meals a day.  Anyway, I hope this continues.
 Congrats on the weight loss!  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:42 PM

Robin---you have my prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:57 AM

Linny t:
Much less stress for you.

Amen to that. I have family coming in March. The last thing I want to be doing while they're here is worry over anything except where we're going to go and what we're going to eat.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,280
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is beef broth day at MCHS.  We'll be roasting some fresh bones and boiling them down to a lovely beef broth for next week's chili and vegetable beef soup.  Ought to be fun.  Monday is a holiday for us but I'll go in and work for 1/2 the day with the kids to get them ready for competition.  Hopefully this will help them get focus of the task ahead.

But a chunk of my weekend is going to have to go to finishing my round robin block.  It just won't come together like I want it to.

Thank you all for your prayers.   I appreciate the support more than you can know.

Have a super FRIday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Page 58 of 125 (1869 items) «Prev5657585960Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use