My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,739 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 8:47 PM

Darlene--you are such an angel for your MIL.  Lots of women would love to have you for a daughter in law.  I know the culture is a little different in New England.  Here, it's busy and people cannot often care for their parents unless it's in their home.  It's nice that she can stay in her home with your help.  I used to do home care and a lot of people had aids to come in daily for a couple of hours to clean up and make a meal.  It's sweet that you can help her like that.  It's a blessing for both of you.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 8:51 PM

Norma Doll:
Diane, I have to ask.........where does Guido go to the bathroom? 

He goes wherever he wants.  It's not much to clean up and I use the Clorox wipes.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:00 PM

Lillie--had to laugh when I read about the shipping cost.  They really put it to us if they can!  I still have not gotten my buttons.  They were supposed to be here yesterday.

The heat came back on today about 3pm.  And then the water was adjustable so I hurried up and jumped in the shower before they messed with it again.  They said there may be some problems over the weekend because of "pockets of air" in the system.  Oh well, I feel better now.

Linny---glad to hear that Barbara is doing well.  That's a funny nick name.  You are such a good support for her when she is going through this hard time in her life.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:10 PM

Stephanie--such a precious story about your friend bringing a tree, dressed like Santa.  He sounds like a great guy.  Maybe next year, I'll put up my little tree.

Usually by now I would have been sick a few times.  This year I'm taking elderberry 2x a day and it seems to be working!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 7:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is Saturday and I'll so thankful to have some time to do the bits and pieces I need to do here at home.  Then I hope to get to sewing.

Or Maybe I'll get to sewing and skip the rest.

Linny,  I hope you and Barb have a great day today.

Diane,  I hope the water and heat stay on and there is no real problems.   I can only imagine how much fun it would be to get a person to come work on it on the weekend.

Stephanie,  How sweet of your friend to want your Christmas to be a special.

Darlene,  You are the dearest person.   Cleaning for your MIL like that, she is truly blessed.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 2:51 PM

This is the first time I've been able to get on here all day.  Frustrating!

This morning I was moving my orchids outside and hurt my back while lifting one of the big ones.  I've been taking Ibuprophen and laying on the heating pad since.  Needless to say, Barb and I didn't go out bumming today.  We're shooting for tomorrow.  

Before that I worked a little more with my etui model.  It's made from card stock now and is just a tad taller than the paper mock up.  I have the inside parts designed now, too.  I have a smaller pyramid inside and an even smaller one inside that.  I'm offsetting the triangles so that when it opens it looks like a star.  I'm going to put a pretty pin cushion in the center, I think.  I was going to put a pencil cup for long things, but have decided to have a place for things like that on the long triangles.  Next I'll trace it onto the muslin you fine ladies will sew on.  I'm waiting for my order from ESD to come before I pick the fabrics.  

This crick in my back is getting to me now, so I'm going to lay down with the heating pad again.  I was in such a good mood, too...all full of energy and positive thoughts.  Looks like it's going to be a TV day, though.  Maybe if I pamper it today, it'll let me go out and play tomorrow.

Happy Saturday, all.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:40 PM

Sorry to hear that your back is giving you trouble today Linny.   I hope you and Barb can get out tomorrow.

I have been working on this pink block on and off all day.  It's so hard to decide what to do.  I think it bends my brain too much. lol  I have finally decided how I'll finish it.   Almost every block is such a challenge.  It's a good thing we have a month to think and plan.  I have most of my squishy stuff in 4---12X12 boxes---about 3" high.  They are fairly clear so I can see what's in there and have them labeled---Buttons, ribbons, trims, beads.  It's the best system I've found for crazy quilting supplies.  I usually have them all out when I'm working on a block. 

The heat is off in my living room but it was in the 50's today so it's fine.  My bedroom has heat.  I found out that some of the seniors here went to channel 7 news to complain and it was on the 6 o'clock news!  We have some people who work for the residents.  A resident council of sorts.  I went to their meeting for a year and became irritated at how they ran the meetings and never paid attention to what we suggested.  They have their own agenda.

Tomorrow I plan to go to church.  It's my New Years Resolution.   Even though it's at 8:30 am.  Church is like school---you don't want to get up and go but when you get there it's all worth it.  You leave feeling great.  

It's so sad about the people in 9 counties in West Virginia--not having water for days because their water was contaminated with a chemical that's used to clean coal.  Everything is closed.  They can't even bathe.  It's only good for flushing the toilet.  They are getting water sent in but they don't know when it will be resolved.

Looks like other people have had a hard time getting on too Linny.  No one has posted besides you and Robin.

Hope you feel better soon Linny.  Have a good night .

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:38 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a very wet in Madison County.  It rained all day yesterday.  The pressure was so bad.  I had a hard time getting a lot done.

So today I'll focus on some of those things that I had planned for yesterday but didn't accomplish. 

Diane,  The site is acting weird.  I didn't think my post went through yesterday morning.  Here's hoping your church is warmer than your apartment.

Linny, Sorry to hear about your back hope today is better.

Have a happy Sunday everyone,

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:57 AM

Diane:
I have most of my squishy stuff in 4---12X12 boxes---about 3" high.  They are fairly clear so I can see what's in there and have them labeled---Buttons, ribbons, trims, beads.  It's the best system I've found for crazy quilting supplies.  I usually have them all out when I'm working on a block. 
 I love those boxes for projects, too.  I keep everything for a particular project in one of them.  It makes clean up a no brainer and like you say, they stack.  I usually have a few projects going on at one time...who doesn't, lol.

I hope the news coverage gets some results for your heat problem.  That's crazy to have heat in one room and not another.

Diane:
Tomorrow I plan to go to church.  It's my New Years Resolution.   Even though it's at 8:30 am.  Church is like school---you don't want to get up and go but when you get there it's all worth it.  You leave feeling great.  
.  So true.  That's a good resolution to have.  Hope you had fun.

Diane:

It's so sad about the people in 9 counties in West Virginia--not having water for days because their water was contaminated with a chemical that's used to clean coal.  Everything is closed.  They can't even bathe.  It's only good for flushing the toilet.  They are getting water sent in but they don't know when it will be resolved.

That is so scary.  I pray they find a simple solution fast.  With all the industry in our country I think it's a small miracle that kind of thing hasn't happened more often.

Diane:
Hope you feel better soon Linny.
Thanks, I feel a little better today.  If I avoid things that stress it, I think I'll be okay.  Regardless, Barb and I are going out to lunch.  We'll see about shopping.  

I hope you have a lovely Sunday, renewed in your soul from your early morning at church.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:09 AM

Robin:

It's a very wet in Madison County.  It rained all day yesterday.  The pressure was so bad.  I had a hard time getting a lot done.

So today I'll focus on some of those things that I had planned for yesterday but didn't accomplish. 

Hope your day today is better.  It is here..all clear and cool and sunshiney.  It's so nice here I feel it'd be a shame not to get out in it.  We've had gray skies for over a week.  I need to manufacture some vitamin D, lol.

Robin:
Linny, Sorry to hear about your back hope today is better.
 Thanks, dear.  It is a little better.

Robin:

Have a happy Sunday everyone,

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it. 

I have always thought that when David wrote this he was trying to fight off depression.  It's a great verse and one that reminds me I have a choice in how I perceive my world.  When I hear it I always tell Him, "Thanks, I needed that."  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:18 AM

Today is the first day I have been able to log on in  a while. Hope this post goes through.

I ordered a book that has etui patterns in it. I'm so excited.  Linny-look what you've done to me!  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:40 PM

Lillie:

Today is the first day I have been able to log on in  a while. Hope this post goes through.

I ordered a book that has etui patterns in it. I'm so excited.  Linny-look what you've done to me!  lol

I know.  This site has been so frustrating.  It's come to the place where I'm surprised when I get on here.  That's not a good thing.

What book is it?  Did you find it online?  I may want to get one, too.

I've gotten quite excited about this etui, too.  Today I went out looking for a good material to use for the structure.  I came home with some foam core board.  It's thicker than I wanted, but it's plenty sturdy.  The only chip board I could find was too small.  The foam board will be much lighter and easier to cut, though.  We'll see.

Barb and I had a really fun day.  We ate lunch and then shopped until 4 PM.  I was glad to see she had so much stamina.  She's got this long planter under her car port on her house that she decorated for Christmas.  I guess she had fun doing it because I looked in her basket while we were at Michael's and saw valentine hearts, St. Patty's day clovers and some yellow daffodil silk flowers.  She loves to do flower arranging and it's fun that she has a "canvas" for it.  She told me she's been feeling better than she has in a very long time.  I'm so happy to hear that from her, I can't tell you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,693
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:36 AM

Good early morning everyone. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd catch up on posts. Seems to be easier to get on this time of morning. Not that I want to make a habit of it. LOL 

I found a link to all sorts of eye candy on Pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/gallazandra/hussif-etui-and-sewing-kits/ , and one for kits. Looks like they have the pattern and the matte board and you supply the fabric;  http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/needleboxes.html

Lillie, so cool you found a book with etui patterns. 

Diane, loved reading the Lizard day post and sounds like you have lots of pretties coming your way. Love Flights of Fancy, and Cathy's Crazy by Design. Look forward to seeing your stash. 

Robin, I hear you about the pressure. I've never ached so bad in my life as this weekend. It finally got nice and sunshiny yesterday. First in a week or so.

Darlene, Sounds like you had a day! So sweet of you to do that cleaning for your MIL and spend so much time with her. Not fun to have to go home tired and have such a mess happen.

Linny, Such great news that Barb is feeling so well. Sounds like a fun day. You'll have to let us know how the foam core works out.

Have to take some chairs I refinished back today. I was hoping to have them back before the homeowners got back in town, but they came in last night. Hopefully all will go well. Always a little anxiety that goes along with it.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend......

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 5:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Monday and I owe, so it's off to work I go.

Hope you are all doing ok this morning.  Yesterday was beautiful bright and sunshiney.   I got out and went to church and then came home and finished quilting a UFO and worked on my block for our round robin some.  It is giving me a fit I've started over three times.

Linny,  Glad to hear that you and Barb had such a good outing.  I bet her holiday themes are going to be so much fun.

Stephanie,  I'm sure the customer is going to love their chairs.  As talented as you are how could they not.

Lillie,  Cool that you found a book.   It could come in handy.

Diane,  I hope you are warmer and that the building owners give you some kind of discount on your rent for the inconvenience.    It is very scary about what's going on it Virgina. 

Got to go get ready for school.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 12:02 PM

Stephanie:
I found a link to all sorts of eye candy on Pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/gallazandra/hussif-etui-and-sewing-kits/ , and one for kits. Looks like they have the pattern and the matte board and you supply the fabric;  http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/needleboxes.html
 Thanks for the links.  The pinterest one had lots for ideas.  Anita's is a site I forget about.

Linny T

Page 56 of 116 (1740 items) «Prev5455565758Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use