rated by 0 users
This post has 1,820 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:25 AM

Linny t:

Diane:
And my angel collection is out so I'll put that away soon.

Diane, I collect angels, too.  I don't put them away, though.  I just put them on a shelf all together.     

Speaking of angels...I am looking for an angel tree topper. This year I had some sad little "cheap" gold sparkle thingy up on the tree. It didn't light up and would have been even more ugly if it did. lol

I'm looking for a really nice angel to top the tree. Not positive I want her to light up, but might be nice if I could put a bulb under her gown and have it light from within. Anyone know of some good sites that I might be able to find such an item?  I would be willing to spend around $50 for a really nice one.

I'm also starting to collect angels and Santa's. Guess I'm a little tired of the snowpeeps.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,190
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:09 AM

Lillie, you might start at Hallmark.  Or...you could make one yourself :).  I know you have the skills for it and I've seen bisque doll parts online for the head and arms.  If you were going to light it up you could use heat resistant template material for the dress cone/form...  

OMG, now you've got me thinking of another project, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:26 PM

Hi all you wonderful ladies!

I feel so good--went to church today.  My New Years Resolution is to get to church as often as possible.  I met with the Bishop today and told him my connection with my dead family, my illnesses, and my NY Resolution.  He told me to email him when I'm not well and he will send someone to come and give me sacrament.  So sweet!  He said it would make me feel better.  He is so right.  I used to be Catholic and sacrament was such a big deal.   You couldn't touch the host and you had to keep it in your mouth until it dissolved by itself.  It was so wonderful.  Jesus is a big deal in the Catholic religion.  I still pray to Jesus but my church friends wonder why I don't pray to God.  I guess I have to do what I feel is right.

Robin, I was reading back on some posts and was moved about your daughter leaving the nest.  That was a terrible time for me.  I wondered where all the time went raising her. I believe most people feel that way especially about my career in nursing.  Like yours, it was hard and challenging.  I am blessed too have had it now.  I feel that I always did the best I could do.

Linny--I love my angel collection.  They are all so different.  My daughter gave me 2 of them and a patient gave me one that is an angel looking down on the baby Jesus.

Lillie--as you can see, angel collecting can be so nice.  It has a calming effect and people know what to give you for a present! :o)

Has everyone decided what they are doing with the RR?  I would love to hear--I have probably forgotten what you have said. lol

Stephanie---I love the site you posted!  There are so many ideas!  I will be using it.  Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,053

Hi all,

Diane,

It sounds like you have had a very rewarding weekend.Wonderful to have the housekeeper come in and so great you made it to church and had such a great visit with the Bishop. I collect angels too. Actually they were porcelain brides I think from the Danbury Mint that  I turned into angels. Quite lovely. I have had them in a lighted Curio cabinet for years. One is Rapunzel, one Cinderella. They're my fav's I think.

Lillie,

If I see a source for a really nice tree top angel I'll post a link to it.

Robin,

Hope you enjoyed the day and made it to church and projects. I do so admire your drive. Hope you get caught up with lesson plans without too much of a struggle.

Linny,

Thanks for the link. Very inspiring. So cool that she's posted blocks like that with silkies in the center to print and use. Have to save that one for future use.

My weekend's been uneventful. Had some computer issues that I spent way too much time on and a sick hubby. Even one of the dogs has been coughing a lot. He has allergies. Ever tried to give a dog cough medicine out of a dropper? Not sure which one of us was wearing more of it. And sticky. LOL. He's doing better though, that's all that matters.

It's been rainy here. We really need it. I was hoping to work on some projects outside, but fell by the wayside. Tomorrows another day.

Hope you all have a great evening....

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 1:21 AM

Linny---I should have said thank you for posting the link.  Got mixed up again.  It's a great site with lots of ideas and information.  Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 8:26 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, you might start at Hallmark.  Or...you could make one yourself :).  I know you have the skills for it and I've seen bisque doll parts online for the head and arms.  If you were going to light it up you could use heat resistant template material for the dress cone/form...  

OMG, now you've got me thinking of another project, lol.

Thank you Linny. I never thought about Hallmark. What a clever idea.

Glad I was able to stir your creative juices. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 8:35 AM

Diane:

Hi all you wonderful ladies!

I feel so good--went to church today.  My New Years Resolution is to get to church as often as possible.  I met with the Bishop today and told him my connection with my dead family, my illnesses, and my NY Resolution.  He told me to email him when I'm not well and he will send someone to come and give me sacrament.  So sweet!  He said it would make me feel better.  He is so right.  I used to be Catholic and sacrament was such a big deal.   You couldn't touch the host and you had to keep it in your mouth until it dissolved by itself.  It was so wonderful.  Jesus is a big deal in the Catholic religion.  I still pray to Jesus but my church friends wonder why I don't pray to God.  I guess I have to do what I feel is right.

Diane-that is so wonderful that your church is willing to come to your home and pray with you. I'm a recovering catholic. I'm not really part of any formal religion. I pray to God and to Jesus everyday. Sometimes I feel a call to go to church, but never sure which one I want to go to. I guess I should just wait until I drive by one of them and receive the call to enter.

Diane:

Has everyone decided what they are doing with the RR?  I would love to hear--I have probably forgotten what you have said. lol

I keep changing my mind on what I want to do. I'll have to look through my stash and let them speak to me and that will be what I'm going to do. lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,190
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:19 AM

Diane:

Linny---I should have said thank you for posting the link.  Got mixed up again.  It's a great site with lots of ideas and information.  Thanks!

That's okay.  I went looking for where Stephanie posted a link, lol.  I thought I'd missed something.  

I'm making an Etui.  I haven't decided on the shape yet, but the pyramid ones are cool.  That'd make 4 sides to embellish...one for each of you:)  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:13 PM

Hi All

Linny--I had to look that word up---Etui.  It means a decorative box.  You threw me for a minute!  lol   That idea sounds great.

Lillie--I love the Catholic church.  I just needed a church with more personal interaction.  Our area is divided up like the Catholic church but the wards are smaller and it's like a small town.  You get to know each other since church is 3 hours and people are always in a positive mood and love to interact.  We work together with a calling and that changes every couple of years.  We have social activities. The beliefs are different and the focus is on the family.   With the Catholic church, you go to church sit for an hour and go home without even talking to each other.  What I liked about the church since it was a physically beautiful--they all are--and the ceremony. I love the statues and the love for Mother Mary.  It always hit me spiritually.  And communion was a beautiful thing. I don't like how they drink out of the same cup now.  Confession was kind of weird. lol

My feeling is---if you're interested  in going, you have to find one that meets your needs.  I love the new Pope.  He will bring the church into the 21st century and may bring people back to the church, which can help so many people.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 5:49 PM

Linny t:

I'm making an Etui.  I haven't decided on the shape yet, but the pyramid ones are cool.  That'd make 4 sides to embellish...one for each of you:)  

I had to goole this as well. OMG! What a beautiful idea. I love the pyramid ones. The look fairly simple to put together. Are patterns available? I looked at the images and there is a totally cool square one that wen you open it there are two layers of storage available. 

I want to make one too!!!   lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,190
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 6:12 PM

Lillie:
I had to goole this as well. OMG! What a beautiful idea. I love the pyramid ones. The look fairly simple to put together. Are patterns available? I looked at the images and there is a totally cool square one that wen you open it there are two layers of storage available. 

I searched for patterns and they're out there.  As for me, I'm making my own pattern.  It can't be that hard.  I'm pretty sure I'm doing a pyramid, now.  I'm going to do a paper mock up and when I'm happy, that will be my pattern.  I think I'm going to use chip-board for the foundation.  For the inside parts it just has to fit when it's closed, so I'll have those "guts", too.  I want it to be like a Victorian garden on the outside with each side being a different season.  That way I can turn it so the front represents the current season.  I'm getting really excited about it now.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,053

Linny t:
 I want it to be like a Victorian garden on the outside with each side being a different season.  That way I can turn it so the front represents the current season.  I'm getting really excited about it now.

Oh how I love to see those artist wheels turning! What a fabulous idea to do the seasons. How inspiring! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,105
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 7:05 AM

Good Morning All,

Winter has arrived in North Florida.  We dropped into the teens last night and I can tell already I lost several of my plants last night.  But on the other hand FSU pulled out a win over Auburn and are now the National Champs.   My non football loving daughter got an education in football last night.   What an exciting time for her.  Being at FSU when this all comes to town.   She was so excited last night.   

Hope you all in the really cold part of the country stay save and warm and those of you in the lower half of Florida enjoy your temps because it maybe cold there but after this morning I know we don't know nothing. 

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 8:01 AM

Diane:

Confession was kind of weird. lol

The last time I can remember going to confession I was about 6 or 7. I couldn't think of anything I did wrong so I made stuff up. When I came out of the confessional, I noticed my Aunt and cousins chuckling. I guess I must have been talking rather loudly to the priest and everyone could hear what I said. lol

I don't feel the need to say anything to a living person since I talk with God and Jesus on a daily basis. I do feel the need for a fellowship in Christ.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 8:04 AM

Linny t:

I searched for patterns and they're out there.  As for me, I'm making my own pattern.  It can't be that hard.  I'm pretty sure I'm doing a pyramid, now.  I'm going to do a paper mock up and when I'm happy, that will be my pattern.  I think I'm going to use chip-board for the foundation.  For the inside parts it just has to fit when it's closed, so I'll have those "guts", too.  I want it to be like a Victorian garden on the outside with each side being a different season.  That way I can turn it so the front represents the current season.  I'm getting really excited about it now.

Oh I love the idea of each side being a different season. Will you be sending 4 different pieces for us to embellish? Write the season on the back of each piece and we can pick the season we want to do for you. I'm so excited to see your finished project. I know it will be stunning.

northern colorado

Page 52 of 122 (1821 items) «Prev5051525354Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use