rated by 0 users
This post has 1,795 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:54 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:
Linny, can you please explain further about pictures and thoughts for this project? I'm kinda confused on this part.
 You tell us what you envision for your piece.  You can use pics you find for it, like cut out of a magazine, or sketches, whatever to tell us what your vision is.  You do this in your journal.  Then we aim with our embellishments to give you that.

okie dokie. TY

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:58 AM

Diane:

Here is the pink block I am working on.  I am making little sweetheart roses and will put the leaves in soon.  Then I'll work on the upper right part.  I love this block because of all the different pinks and the work on it is beautiful.  Eye candy!

Diane-that block is so sweet with all the different pinks. Lovely work.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:00 AM

Diane:

Here is the block that I plan to make into a 6 block  wall hanging.  It's a work in progress.  I'm also working on a quilt that will match.  I want to fill my apt. with crazy quilting! lol  Here is the ping and green Stephanie. These pics are not so clear--don't know why.

What a lovely block.

I have been struggling with an area on the Allie Aller blocks that I put together. After seeing yours it has given me an idea of what I can do in that area. TY Diane!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:02 AM

Diane:

This is the block that will be a pillow and I will be sending at the end of the month for our RR.  I love the flowered fabric with the pink and orange flowers.  I used the silk that I had at the time.  I think it will be beautiful in the end.

Nice fabrics. I love pink and orange together. I can hardly wait to get started on it.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:05 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

I"m taking my stuff down this weekend.  It's always a little sad when it's over, isn't it?

I'm not ready yet. It was a really fun time this year.

Mine is down and packed away. boo hoo  No more lights on the tree outside. When I look out the window it's just dark out there. I should have some flood lights installed around the base of the tree.  lol  DH would disown me! I'm such a light freak.

Hope this post goes through. I've had a few error issues this morning.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,973
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:50 AM

Lillie:

This is the first time I could access sice early this am. Maybe you could do a few solar lights.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:51 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

This is the first time I could access sice early this am. Maybe you could do a few solar lights.  

I've tried solar lights before. The ones I've had aren't bright enough and also cast that dead white color on everything. I have not been able to find solar lights that have a warm glow.

We are sort of wasting time right now waiting on the playoff games to record far enough so we can watch them. lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:58 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:

I've been having no luck all day long, too.  Let's see if this one posts.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:12 PM

Since I couldn't get on here, I spent the entire day taking down Christmas inside and rearranging my living room.  Everything except the piano is in a different place now and it's all clean again.  Feels good.  Smells good.  The fur babies are confused, though.  They always get that way when I do this.  Especially my kitty.  He doesn't like it when I "move his cheese", lol.

I'm leaving the lights outside up for awhile yet.  There's supposed to be a healthy cold front this week where temps are supposed to drop into the upper 30's.  I have orchids on my front port and I don't savor the idea of bringing them all inside, so I'm going to turn the lights on all night to keep them just a tad warmer.  My porch is covered and the orchids hang on hooks at the eave and so do the lights.  If it looks like it's going to get colder than expected, I'll bring the orchids in.  At least Christmas is put up, so I'll have room for the orchids.  

Lillie, I know what you mean about solar lights being so cold looking.  I had some once with cream colored, frosted covers.  It was a little better, but not really.  They weren't really bright enough and it was still a sick kind of light.

Now let's see if this one posts... 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:14 PM

Lillie:
okie dokie. TY
 This made me smile :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:07 PM

Hi Everyone

First I want to thank you for your kind comments about the blocks.  I thought it was time to post them to perk people up. lol   Lillie, I'm so happy my block gave you an idea.  It makes me feel good.  And Steph---I did do the vines.  I don't know if I'll put flowers there or not.

Today, the cleaning lady came and stayed 31/2 hours.  I have been so dragged out with this dental stuff.  Sometimes I get so depressed, I want to cry.  I think Christmas had something to do with that too.  With those two things together, I am often tearful.  

I'm lucky to have my babies and sewing to keep me busy.  I did get into my jewelry making for a little while today when my cleaning lady chased me out of my bedroom so she could clean it.  Really she didn't chase me, I like to leave.  

I am planning to go to church tomorrow.  There is one problem thought---this year it starts at  8:30 am!!!  I hope I make it!  We rotate times with other wards because not too many people like to go to church that early.  Last year it was 10:30.  That's perfect.  Next year it will be 12;30 so we will be in church all afternoon.  Most people don't like that.

My pain is much better.  It's manageable.  I am taking care to keep the packing in.

Glad I was able to connect with you all.  I have very few decorations to take down.  I have a pine wreath on the door that I will keep until it's looking bad.  The hallway is warm so it will be soon.  And I put away the cards I got.  And my angel collection is out so I'll put that away soon.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:34 PM

I was doing some research for the RR and came across this site.  Nostalgic Needle Arts  I may have shared it before, but if I did it's long enough ago so I've forgotten, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,825
Points 106,100
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 8:04 PM

Diane:
Glad I was able to connect with you all.  I have very few decorations to take down.  I have a pine wreath on the door that I will keep until it's looking bad.  The hallway is warm so it will be soon.  And I put away the cards I got.  And my angel collection is out so I'll put that away soon.

Diane, I collect angels, too.  I don't put them away, though.  I just put them on a shelf all together.  I like showing them off at Christmas, so I scatter them about in between the Christmas decorations.  It gives me a reason to dust them really good once a year, not to mention their shelf.  

Glad to hear your pain's more manageable and I hope you can make it to church that early.  8:30 AM is an early service, especially during winter.     

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,025
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 5:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Got to start getting back into the routine today.    Back to work tomorrow and getting up will probably not be my friend.   As well as the fact I have touched any of the things I brought home to do over the holidays.   Oh well the kids don't come in until Wednesday so maybe I'll be able to get up to speed by then.

I'm going to head to church in a little while and then I'm going to come home and try to tackle some of the projects I've got going.   I've put my block aside.   I just can't get the look I want with it. So I'll take the week off from it and look at it again next weekend.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:20 AM

Linny t:

I was doing some research for the RR and came across this site.  Nostalgic Needle Arts  I may have shared it before, but if I did it's long enough ago so I've forgotten, lol.  

This site has some great ideas. Thanks for sending the link.

northern colorado

Page 51 of 120 (1796 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use