My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,732 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:34 PM

This is the block that will be a pillow and I will be sending at the end of the month for our RR.  I love the flowered fabric with the pink and orange flowers.  I used the silk that I had at the time.  I think it will be beautiful in the end.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:58 PM

I made it to the dentist and he again helped me with the pain with packing.  I asked for better instructions on how to keep the packing from falling out.  I am going to be so careful with this and hope that I will heal enough so he doesn't have to do this again.   I am so sick of taking pain pills.

Robin, I will have to take a page from your book and soldier on. lol

I am feeling better.   I told my dentist I should have spent the time after my surgery standing on my head to beat gravity.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:
 I love Mary Poppins!  Just a spoon full of sugar...I wanted to be Julie Andrews most of my childhood, lol.  We used to play Mary Poppins on the playground at lunchtime at school.

What a sweet memory shared. I had to look up some images. She had some really neat costuming in that movie. Makes me want to watch it all over. LOL.

Linny t:

I've seen some really pretty Victorian charms and buttons in my travels.  I've even seen scissor charms.  I bet it's going to be great and I can't wait to see how you construct it.  What a great idea.

I have some of those little scissor charms. Have to look for Victorian ones. Hmmm....

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:

I"m taking my stuff down this weekend.  It's always a little sad when it's over, isn't it?

I'm not ready yet. It was a really fun time this year.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Darlene :

Hope you all have had a great day today.

Mine started out fine.  Finished the binding on a quilt which has been in the UFO pile for too long.  Got caught up on the stuff I had DVR'd while sewing.

Then everything hit the fan.  I put dinner on to cook and got distracted with some rapid fire texting.  I boiled my pan dry and filled the house with smoke.  It is so cold out today that I can't open windows. 

Tim handed me the take out menu and suggested I call for delivery. I reluctantly ordered dinner.  Reluctantly because of the weather and the fact that the last time I called this place was a night similar to tonight and we only got half our order and it was cold.

Wish us luck.

Hope u had a great dinner in spite of the mishap. We have those doggone smoke alarms that when one starts, they all do and the dogs go crazy. Of course in your case the smoke in itself is the pits. Especially when you can't open the windows. It's great news though that in the early part of the day you finished a UFO. WTG

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Lillie:
I've pretty much decided what I want to do.

After I read through it sounds like you have an alternate plan and that the girls answered questions about the size. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:
 I don't know how I'm going to manage working a whole week next week.  I could get used to this 2 days on one day off cycle.  Hope you have a great day.

Oh, I hear you on getting used to the two day cycle and going back. TGIF to you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane:

I am sending the mate to the block that is in the RR.  I love it.  I want to use it for pillows for my living room.  The colors are a little different so I'm not 100% sure.  When I make my sewing machine cover, it will match that I'm sure.  These transitions!  Right now I have tan, gold, and maroon.  I would like to make it more fun.  We shall see! lol

Sounds like fun Diane. I'm sure everything will look great together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Robin:
I was not able to get my stiff upper lip.   I blame a my 48 year old hormones.   I'm bless to be one of those people who went early down that path.  I blubber over the stupidest things.   Anyway.   We got her moved in yesterday.   The room was not clean enough for dear ole' mom so we had to do some cleaning. Oh course there were things she needed so we made a trip to Target and bought stuff to get her set up and clean her side of the room.   We didn't get to meet her roommate and she had to stay by herself last night but she seemed fine with it all.   She was very tired from the day and late night movie watching the night before so we figured she would sleep well.

Bless your heart Robin. So hard on you emotionally. I'm sure she appreciated everything so much. Sending some prayers your way...

Hope you got some pampering and a really nice haircut today, and were able to forge ahead with your plans to sew and do lesson plans.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 6:14 PM

Diane, all three blocks are pretty.  I'm looking forward to working on that fabric you love.  I have to say, that pink block is so beautiful.  I love your little roses.

Glad to hear you got in to the dentist and he once again made you feel better...keep healing...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 6:16 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

I"m taking my stuff down this weekend.  It's always a little sad when it's over, isn't it?

I'm not ready yet. It was a really fun time this year.

You're helping me change my mind now, dear...

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane:

Here is the pink block I am working on.  I am making little sweetheart roses and will put the leaves in soon.  Then I'll work on the upper right part.  I love this block because of all the different pinks and the work on it is beautiful.  Eye candy!

Look how pretty!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane:

Here is the block that I plan to make into a 6 block  wall hanging.  It's a work in progress.  I'm also working on a quilt that will match.  I want to fill my apt. with crazy quilting! lol  Here is the ping and green Stephanie. These pics are not so clear--don't know why.

Love it Diane. Did you do all the hand stitching on the leaf vine? Wow. You've got a great mix of fabrics going on there. It will be an awesome wall hanging agter all six blocks.

I had to laugh at filling your apartment with CQ. It is addictive isn't it? So far I've been very selfishly planning on keeping everything we've done. LOL 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Diane:

This is the block that will be a pillow and I will be sending at the end of the month for our RR.  I love the flowered fabric with the pink and orange flowers.  I used the silk that I had at the time.  I think it will be beautiful in the end.

They just get better and better. Love your mix up of the cottons and silks. And the touches of hot pink to go with the floral. This block has great embellishment possibilities...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Linny t:

You're helping me change my mind now, dear...

What's one more weekend in the scope of things. As long as there away by Valentine's day. LOL

Page 50 of 116 (1733 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use