rated by 0 users
This post has 3,824 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,295
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Slept in again this morning.   I think that's going to bite me after the holidays and I have to head back to work.   Oh well,  I'm just going to enjoy it while it last.

Today I'm going to sew a lot.  I've always heard whatever you do New's Year day you will do all year long.   So I definitely want to focus on things that are important to me.   Tomorrow we move Keeley into her dorm and we'll drop by my mom's since her birthday is the next day.  

Then starting the 3rd I'll be easing back into the school stuff.   Brought some stuff home for the holidays and want to try and get set up for the first couple of weeks before I go back.  It's actually been nice to have a real break.

We saw the New Year in last night pretty quietly as we all four stayed home, ate chili and watch some more Downtow.

Darlene,  Such a joy to hear from you.   Like everyone else I've missed you.   All those little pieces !  all I can say is Wow!   Don't be a stranger.

Stephanie,  Sounds like such a sweet evening especially the part about the little girl.

Lillie,  I caught an episode of the Midwife show the other day.  It does look interesting.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:45 PM

Norma Doll:
Yes, Linny, I do have yours and Stephanie's email addresses.  I will send you the recipe.
 Thank you, Jo.  Your New Years Eve sounds like a perfect evening.  

Norma Doll:
Hope we all have a Healthy, Happy New Year!!        Hugs, Jo 
 Me, too, Jo.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:49 PM

Robin:
Today I'm going to sew a lot.  I've always heard whatever you do New's Year day you will do all year long.   So I definitely want to focus on things that are important to me.   Tomorrow we move Keeley into her dorm and we'll drop by my mom's since her birthday is the next day. 

Oh, no...I cleaned my bedroom until now.  I'd better hurry and pick up a needle and thread, lol.  So tomorrow's the big moving day.  How exciting for Keely to be off in a dorm, just far enough away from home to be independent, but not so far that if help is needed she has you right there and her grandmother so close, too.  How are you feeling about it?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
Your brother with his fireworks reminds me of Ricky.  He loved being the "life of the party" with his fireworks on New Years.  Miss that bugger...

He's definitely all that. Lives life to the fullest.

Linny t:
I sure hope you don't spend your day nursing Mike back to health.  I hope he feels miraculously better and dismisses all notions of fixing that lawnmower or doing anything that resembles work, instead opting to show his wifey a really nice time  today.

We watched movies, ate,  and just hung out with the fur babies. It rained a beautiful slow rain and was nice temps outside. Other than that I wound some floss.

Jo, 

Sounds like a lot of fun playing dominos. 

Lillie,

LOL about stash out of control. I've just added another fat quarter bundle to mine.

Robin,

Today is moving day for you with Keeley. Hope the weather holds for you and that you'll be ok. Happy for you that you got to sew yesterday. I still so admire your organizing and planning skills. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:19 AM

Stephanie:
We watched movies, ate,  and just hung out with the fur babies. It rained a beautiful slow rain and was nice temps outside. Other than that I wound some floss.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the first day of the year.

I've been trying to log onto my home page since yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to.  I could get on this page with no problem.  What's up with that?  I sure with they'd fix this site.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:46 AM

We watched two movies, took down the lights and decorations from outside (boo hoo), watched college football, and ate. Today I will start taking down all the decorations inside and get them all packed away for another year. I'm not going to rush with those. If it takes until Sunday before I'm finished, I'll be OK with that. Sewing seems to be a priority in my thoughts.

I'm hoping to finish quilting a wall hanging by Fri so DH can hang it on the wall for me. And I want to start on another wall hanging that will go in the dining room. I hope to have that one finished by next Fri.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,295
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day is off to a great start.   We are up and going.  We at this point refers to me and Keeley.  The other two are not quite up and going yet.   The weather is rainy and is suppose to continue throughout the day.  However, that's just life and will puddle through.  I'm working on my stiff upper lip and all that.   I'm determine to focus on the blessings and the joys.  So will see how it goes.

I spent yesterday working on my block but unfortunately I didn't get very far.   I've got some colors and some ideas about how I might layout some of it but other than that I'm feeling a little lost.   I've settled on a 9 X 16 block based on a piece of fabric I got in Alaska that is suppose to represent the Northern Lights.   But I don't want the block to focus on that, instead on want it to focus on Victorian Flowers or Gardens.  I've got some images.   I thinking the colors go well enough with my previous block that I can make a couple of throw pillows to go on my bed with my Alaska Quilt.  

Linny and Stephanie,  Thanks for the support.

Lillie,  Stash out of control is a quilter's life. 

Jo,  I'm so glad you have friends close enough to spend time with you.  I know that sitting around healing can get old quick.

Diane,  I hope your tooth is feeling much better by now. 

Well it's time to roll so ...........Go Noles!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:

I've been trying to log onto my home page since yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to.  I could get on this page with no problem.  What's up with that?  I sure with they'd fix this site.

I had the same problem the other day. I'm so obsessive I kept switching back and forth from Google to IE for an hour and a half solid and finally had to slap myself. LOL. One of these days I hope it'll be back to normal.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
We watched two movies, took down the lights and decorations from outside (boo hoo), watched college football, and ate. Today I will start taking down all the decorations inside and get them all packed away for another year. I'm not going to rush with those. If it takes until Sunday before I'm finished, I'll be OK with that.

Boo hoo is right. I didn't put mine up till the week before Christmas. I think I'll be like you and take my time putting them away.

Lillie:

Sewing seems to be a priority in my thoughts.

I'm hoping to finish quilting a wall hanging by Fri so DH can hang it on the wall for me. And I want to start on another wall hanging that will go in the dining room. I hope to have that one finished by next Fri.

You go Lillie!!! Post a pic for us when you do.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 4:50 PM

Hi All

I am back to the dentist tomorrow for another treatment for pain.  It's better but not gone yet.  It's healing.

Still working on the last block.   The owner understands it will be late.  I sure love pink. :o)

I love pink and green together.  I am working towards that in my bedroom---one day I will finish my quilt and wall hanging and I will love it.  

Not much to say today.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
I'm working on my stiff upper lip and all that.   I'm determine to focus on the blessings and the joys.  So will see how it goes.

Awwwe. You almost made me puddle up thinking of how strong you're trying to be. It's ok to shed a tear and let her know how much you'll miss her. I know she's going to miss being home too. Bittersweet... Hope the weather let up for you. No fun to move in the rain! Thinking of you....

Robin:
I've got some colors and some ideas about how I might layout some of it but other than that I'm feeling a little lost.   I've settled on a 9 X 16 block based on a piece of fabric I got in Alaska that is suppose to represent the Northern Lights.   But I don't want the block to focus on that, instead on want it to focus on Victorian Flowers or Gardens.  I've got some images.   I thinking the colors go well enough with my previous block that I can make a couple of throw pillows to go on my bed with my Alaska Quilt.  

Sounds like you're in the planning stages. And a good one at that. Focusing on Victorian flowers of Gardens sound perfect to fit in with your Alaska block. We can refer back to it for colors so they'll intertwine as pillows. Love it.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:07 PM

Diane, I"m so sorry you're still having so much pain.  I just wish that thing would heal already.  It's been going on a long time for you.  I like pink and green, too.  So pretty together.  One day you'll finish everything and your room will look just as you like it.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

Finally huh? Gosh I hate pain. And seriously I can't believe he couldn't have called in or given you a scrip for this. Ridiculous to have had to suffer this way. What will he do to help?

Diane:

I love pink and green together.  I am working towards that in my bedroom---one day I will finish my quilt and wall hanging and I will love it.  

What shade of pink and green are you working towards? Are you thinking of doing your block for a pillow in these?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

I'm undecided for color in my block.

Haven't imagined it yet in color. Or gone thru my stash. My muse popped in a vision of Mary Poppins, an old photo of my favorite aunt, and those classic button up boot shoes. LOL. Goodness only knows where this will take me. LOL  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:27 PM

Robin:
I hope that your day is off to a great start.   We are up and going.  We at this point refers to me and Keeley.  The other two are not quite up and going yet.   The weather is rainy and is suppose to continue throughout the day.  However, that's just life and will puddle through.  I'm working on my stiff upper lip and all that.   I'm determine to focus on the blessings and the joys.  So will see how it goes.
 God made it a rainy day in case you couldn't hold back, so the tears wouldn't show.  Hope it went well and you got some pics for your scrapbook.  I'm sure you had a few Hallmark moments :)

Robin:
I spent yesterday working on my block but unfortunately I didn't get very far.   I've got some colors and some ideas about how I might layout some of it but other than that I'm feeling a little lost.   I've settled on a 9 X 16 block based on a piece of fabric I got in Alaska that is suppose to represent the Northern Lights.   But I don't want the block to focus on that, instead on want it to focus on Victorian Flowers or Gardens.  I've got some images.   I thinking the colors go well enough with my previous block that I can make a couple of throw pillows to go on my bed with my Alaska Quilt.
 It's normal to feel lost during the layout with CQ.  Your idea sounds lovely.  You'll get there.  I love the Victorian Flower Garden idea.  

Linny T

Page 48 of 255 (3825 items) «Prev4647484950Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use