rated by 0 users
This post has 2,967 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150
Norma Doll replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:35 PM

Diane:
 Thank you so much for the group and especially Jo for helping me with the horrible pain.

I am so glad I was able to help you; when you mentioned the hole, it made me think of dry socket.  

People ask if I am feeling better than I did b/4 the surgery, but I don't think I do, I feel fine;.....I didn't feel too bad except the neuropathy in my feet and it is still there.  I will be glad to see if the Cardiac Rehab makes me feel better.  Start  the 6th.   

I am making pork and sauerkraut for supper and A & J are coming to eat with us and play some dominoes after.  I made a really good "Black Eyed Pea Salad" for our church dinner Sunday.  The recipe is on the "Just A Pinch" site; a lot of people told me how good it was and wanted the recipe.  www.justapinch.com  I think.  They have a lot of good recipes on there. 

How do we get the pm email addresses for you ladies.  I don't want to make this a recipe blog, but Linny asked how to make the scalloped oysters and I would send the recipe if I had the email addresses.  My email address is mrsdoll427@ gmail.com.  Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 1:55 PM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept in this morning because we were up late last night watching some videos we got for Christmas.  It's for a show called Dowtown Abbey.   It's a PBS production based on a British Family and their staff in the late 18 early 19 hundreds.  

Been working on my UFO's a lot this week.  figure that I have until the weekend to work on them and then it's back to work.   I have a hold new semester to get ready for. 

Diane,   So glad you got some relief.

Linny,  I got the list.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL1CbuWx73GOmvyY3OLxHQxOn4rfNAcJTAzcHdyvf0nZFmFnVS-A

Happy New Year to each of you.  May your year be bless with great and precious moments of friendship, laughter, and peace.  May your days be as wonderful as each and everyone of you are and may you find true joy and happiness this year.   You are each priceless and precious to me and I hope that 2014 is a year that is truly blessed.

Robin

So sweet Robin. You are precious and priceless to me too, and as is your wish I hope the same blessings for you in 2014. You'll have to let us know when you post pic's of finished UFO's. Enjoy the rest of your time off.... 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 1:57 PM

Norma Doll:
I will be glad to see if the Cardiac Rehab makes me feel better.  Start  the 6th.

I hope it does help Jo. 

Norma Doll:
I am making pork and sauerkraut for supper and A & J are coming to eat with us and play some dominoes after.  I made a really good "Black Eyed Pea Salad" for our church dinner Sunday.  The recipe is on the "Just A Pinch" site; a lot of people told me how good it was and wanted the recipe.  www.justapinch.com  I think.  They have a lot of good recipes on there. 

Yum!!!! I'll have to check out the link.

Do you still have my email? I can send it to you again if you wish?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 3:34 PM

Jo, you can PM us right from this site.  Do you know how to "friend" people?  You can send a message to individuals that way.  Although, I don't mind if you post recipes here and I don't think others do to.  Cooking is another thing we all enjoy and have to do and we share everything else in our lives.  Why not recipes?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 4:39 PM

I forgot to mention, I heard from Darlene.   She's been super busy as usual and coping with changes, but she's just fine.  She reads the posts on her cell phone, but can't post from it.  She promised that she'll drop in real soon.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Hi folks.  Had tried to post earlier but it got lost into cyber space.

Sewed this afternoon.  Got 600 fabric sample swatches sworn together into rows and have begun to piece the rows together.  Originally planned to use as table topper  but as it comes together, I believe it will be a nice doll quilt.  Yes, I did say 600 pieces and they are 1.5 inch squares.  It is official.  I am truly a crazy quilter.  This type of project can be truly fun and it is rather mindless.  Unfortunately, I have found that I reach a point when I can't do this any more and then I need to put away for a while.

I have thawed out and am getting ready for New Year's Eve service at our church. 

I want to tell all of you how much I have missed posting.  You have all had so much going on in your lives and there were multiple things I wanted to say but can't begin to remember what they were.  So I will just say that I have been thinking of you all.

I will try to be better about getting on here to update you on the happenings in WNY.  That is one of my resolutions for the upcoming year.  I also hope to complete some of the UFOs I uncovered this past weekend.  So sad that my stash is so out of control.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,415
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:03 PM

Hi Everyone

Darlene--nice to hear from you.  You must be very busy with all of those little squares!  600!  I love how those little blocks look in a quilt.  I hope you can eventually post a pic.

Robin--I love the vintage image you posted.  I hope you have a happy new year.  At least your'e off for a few days.

Jo--again---would you please invite me for dinner.  Sounds great! lol

Stephanie---will you be making a purse for the RR?  I forgot.

Linny--thank you for all of your encouraging words.

I am able to manage the pain now from the tooth thing.  The pain still has to be managed with meds but at least it is not a constant pain.

Now I can think about working on the RR block.  It's pink and I love it!  It's the last block of the RR and it will be late because of Christmas and tooth stuff.  I'll have to email the owner and let her know why it will be late.  I'll post pics.  I am so done with those RR's.  One of the ladies who was so demanding about what she wanted on her block and owns an online crazy quilt shop, never told anyone she was having some problems and had 2 blocks at one time for a month.  Sick of it.  So sad it's that way but so happy to have you guys.

I am praying that we all have a HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:43 PM

Darlene, so happy you got to post tonight.  It's really good to hear from you.  We've missed you, too.  I hear you about stash being out of control.  I have that, too.  So, you're a crazy quilter sometimes.  I know what you mean about having to put it up sometimes.  600 fabric swatches sewn together in rows is an amazing accomplishment for a day's work.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:46 PM

I just want to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year, before I fall asleep, lol.   I hope this year is the best one you've had in a long time.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Happy New Year!!!!

Thank you Linny. Ditto from me....

Darlene,

Happy to hear from you! Missed you. That's a whole bunch of tiny squares. Seems like I did a 6 inch block like that for a quilt. It's adorable how they turn out. I thought 16 squares was enough. 600! Whew. LOL

Diane,

I'm not going to do a purse for  RR. Takes too much planning for right now. We're at our busy time of year, and coming into tax time. Just going to keep it simple.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

We were invited to my brother's house for a New Year's party last night. We weren't going to go, but changed our minds at the last minute. He laid out quite a spread of food. And had 300 fireworks. It was great fun, and over and home by 9:30. The kids just loved the fireworks. There was one little girl that kept putting her hands over her ears and saying Boom. She came and sat by me. She'd say boom and I'd say pretty. Pretty soon she was saying Boom and pointing to the sky and saying Pretty. Then she'd clap. LOL. Kids are so cute.

This has been the most social Christmas season we've ever had I think. And I've really enjoyed it. We have a tendency to stay shut into our own little corner of the world and it's been really nice to be out and enjoy the company of friends and family.

After we got home the neighbors popped over for a short bit, and brought fajitas. They are spoiling us with their cookouts and great food. They loved the display of little houses all lit up. Made me happy for them to see the decorations before I start putting everything away.

Not sure how the day will pan out. Mike has the sore throat flu bug I had last week. He wants to see if we can fix the mower, but I'd venture to guess he's going to be laid out on the couch for a good part of the day. With wifey tending to his every need. I think before this happens I may go back and have a little nap. LOL.

Have a great day....   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:40 AM

Sounds like a lovely evening, Stephanie.  Your brother with his fireworks reminds me of Ricky.  He loved being the "life of the party" with his fireworks on New Years.  Miss that bugger...

You are so lucky to have such wonderful neighbors.  Fajitas on New Years...delightful...

I sure hope you don't spend your day nursing Mike back to health.  I hope he feels miraculously better and dismisses all notions of fixing that lawnmower or doing anything that resembles work, instead opting to show his wifey a really nice time  today.

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and a really fun day today to start the new year off on the right foot. 

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Darlene :
I want to tell all of you how much I have missed posting. 

We have missed you, too, Darlene!  Wow! 600 1.5" pieces, I can't imagine.  I look at the miniature quilts and think they are so pretty; but I can't believe that I could sew them together.

Yes, Linny, I do have yours and Stephanie's email addresses.  I will send you the recipe.

A & J stayed till 10:45 playing dominoes and then George and I watched our "soap" that we record every day ( Y & R) and watched the ball drop and went to bed. Up at 7:30.... I thought I would sleep in but was ready to get up.

Hope we all have a Healthy, Happy New Year!!        Hugs, Jo    

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:58 AM

I love Downton Abbey. I can't wait for the next season. There is another Brit show named Call the Midwife. I think it's going into it's 3rd season. It's a wonderful show.  Drama set in London's East End during the 1950s, based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth.  I think it's on PBS as well.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 8:06 AM

Darlene-glad you were able to get your comments posted. Hope that your are doing well and praying that the new years brings you much joy and happiness.

I think stash being out of control is it's natural state.  lol

northern colorado

Page 47 of 198 (2968 items) «Prev4546474849Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use