rated by 0 users
This post has 3,763 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:59 PM

Norma Doll:

Hi Ladies.......I went to church this morning, the first time since Nov. 3.  It was nice being back.  

Diane, I hope your gums/teeth are feeling better. 

Here are the pictures of the hearts I made.  I used some of the trim I got from ESD around the edge of the large hearts.  I ended up sewing the small ones by hand and just using pinking shears on the backing fabric.  They are nothing special, just something to remember me by.  Hugs, Jo

These are really cue, Jo.  I love them.  They're so cheerful and playful.  I'm sure your family will cherish them for years to come.  Nice that you were able to go to church again.  Another milestone in your recovery.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:01 PM

George's daughter sure can decorate a tree.  It's so beautiful.  Love the little rain deer under it, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:09 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

I've decided to exercise my rights as a woman and change my end product on this RR from a purse to a hussif.  That seems like something I could use 2 of.  I'd like to have a really pretty one.  My first one has become so utilitarian that everything ends up wrapped up in it.  I'll use the new one exclusively for fine sewing items.  It'll be an inspiration to me every time I use it.   

I had to google about a hussif. lol   Is yours going to be a roll-up? Or something you fold in 1/2 or 1/4? I will be sure to sew beads on extra secure so they don't fall off when you roll or fold. Perhaps you don't want any beading on yours?

Honestly I had forgotten we were doing a Victorian purse. Now I remember that I didn't want a purse and I was going to make a small wall hanging out of mine. I have to rethink what I want the end product to be and select fabrics for that purpose. Not sure I will ever use a purse but maybe once a year for NYE. I would hate for the lovely work to sit in my closet for a year before I get to enjoy it again. OK. I have made a decision. I going to do a Victorian garden small hanging so I can have it sit out all year long on my hall entry table. Perfect! Thanks for letting me work out my decision.  lol

It's going to be fold in thirds.  You can put whatever you want on it.  The more the better.  I'll handle it with care, don't worry.  That's why it's going to be used for more delicate sewing.  No big heavy stuff in it.  My other one is tough and I put big scissors, etc. in it.

You don't have to make a purse if you don't want to.  You can make what you want.  I think Stephanie and I were going to make the purses.  That was a long time ago.  I'm sure everyone will have an idea of what they want now and it's probably changed from what we wanted back then.  Did you read the guidelines?  It just says we're making an object, not just a block.  Your Victorian garden wall hanging sounds like it will be fun to work on.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:12 PM

Diane:

Joy---I think you are right about the "dry socket" thing.  I can tell it's healing so that's good news.  I could have used some Percocet. :o)

About the RR, I thought we had decided to 'do our own thing', meaning make whatever we wanted to send around.  I'm making a pillow from mine.

That you had dry socket explains a lot about your pain, Diane.  I'm glad to hear it's getting better.

About the RR, that's right.  We're going to make an object.  In the guidelines I wrote that we were going to write about and put pictures of what we had in mind.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:14 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
As soon as Diane responds about her info being the same or not, I'll send the list out to everyone.  

I have no changes in my personal information Linny.

I figured not, so I went ahead and sent the list out yesterday.

Did everyone get the list?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:34 PM

Jo, 

I loved your hearts! I didn't  realize when you had talked about them that they were going to be patchwork and cq. They're adorable, and they are special. Nice to hear you were feeling well enough to go to church. I bet everyone was happy to see you.

Pretty Christmas tree! Wow, that took some time stringing all those lights. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:58 PM

Linny t:
It's going to be fold in thirds.  You can put whatever you want on it.  The more the better.  I'll handle it with care, don't worry.  That's why it's going to be used for more delicate sewing.  No big heavy stuff in it.  My other one is tough and I put big scissors, etc. in it.

It'll be a treasure for you, I'm sure. 

Linny t:
You don't have to make a purse if you don't want to.  You can make what you want.  I think Stephanie and I were going to make the purses.  That was a long time ago.  I'm sure everyone will have an idea of what they want now and it's probably changed from what we wanted back then.  Did you read the guidelines?  It just says we're making an object, not just a block.  Your Victorian garden wall hanging sounds like it will be fun to work on.

It'll be nice to have a plan for a finished project. Your hussif sounds great, Lillie's wall hanging, Diane's pillow. All great plans. Not sure where I'm going with this yet, but it will definitely be a finished project I can see and admire. I'm eyeing the wall under my cabinets in my sewing room and thinking how pretty it might  be to see some scissor holders hanging in part of that space. I'll have to see how many I can manage in our allotted space.   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:33 PM

Hi Everyone

I have good news.  After I read Jo's comment about dry socket,  I looked it up on the internet.  It is exactly what happened to me---no real pain for 3  days then pain like gangbusters.  Now the pain meds were no longer working.  I called my dentist and he was the last one in the office but said to come right in.  He was able to put a clove mixture where the hole was.  He said what happened is there is a clot and if it falls off then the dry socket starts.  It's so painful because the bone is exposed.  Mine is very tiny so the clot fell out easily.  Now my pain is manageable.  Thank you so much for the group and especially Jo for helping me with the horrible pain.

Glad to hear you made it to church Jo.  You must be feeling better in general because of the heart surgery.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:51 AM

Norma Doll:

Lillie:
Diane-I don't understand why you are still is such pain.

Sounds like Diane has what they call a "dry socket".  I have never had one, they say it is when the clot gets dislodged from the hole. I have heard they are very painful.

I had one of those many years ago. You're right Jo, it was extremely painful. I went to the doc and he cleaned it out, repacked it, put me on super antibiotics, and pain meds. The pain was gone in two days and I quit taking the pain meds. I'm very concerned about Diane still being in pain for such a long time

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:57 AM

Linny t:

Did everyone get the list?

Yes, I got the list. TY Linny

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:02 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

I have good news.  After I read Jo's comment about dry socket,  I looked it up on the internet.  It is exactly what happened to me---no real pain for 3  days then pain like gangbusters.  Now the pain meds were no longer working.  I called my dentist and he was the last one in the office but said to come right in.  He was able to put a clove mixture where the hole was.  He said what happened is there is a clot and if it falls off then the dry socket starts.  It's so painful because the bone is exposed.  Mine is very tiny so the clot fell out easily.  Now my pain is manageable.  Thank you so much for the group and especially Jo for helping me with the horrible pain.

Glad to hear you made it to church Jo.  You must be feeling better in general because of the heart surgery.

Diane-I am so relieved to hear that the pain is starting to subside and is more manageable for you. Very glad to hear the dentist got you in right away and was able to start the healing process. Hopefully in the next few days you will be pain free. A lovely, and welcome, New Years gift to yourself.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:22 AM

Diane,

Good to hear Jo's mentioning the dry socket was helpful in getting on the road to recovery.

Linny,

I got the list too...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:48 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept in this morning because we were up late last night watching some videos we got for Christmas.  It's for a show called Dowtown Abbey.   It's a PBS production based on a British Family and their staff in the late 18 early 19 hundreds.  

Been working on my UFO's a lot this week.  figure that I have until the weekend to work on them and then it's back to work.   I have a hold new semester to get ready for. 

Diane,   So glad you got some relief.

Linny,  I got the list.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL1CbuWx73GOmvyY3OLxHQxOn4rfNAcJTAzcHdyvf0nZFmFnVS-A

Happy New Year to each of you.  May your year be bless with great and precious moments of friendship, laughter, and peace.  May your days be as wonderful as each and everyone of you are and may you find true joy and happiness this year.   You are each priceless and precious to me and I hope that 2014 is a year that is truly blessed.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:56 AM

Robin your New Year's wish was so beautiful.  Thank you for that.  Also you are priceless and precious to me, too.  Blessings to you, too, in 2014.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:00 PM

Diane, it's so good to hear you say the pain is manageable now.  I'm so glad he saw you and did the clove mixture.  Now you'll be able to enjoy New Years Eve.

Linny T

Page 46 of 251 (3764 items) «Prev4445464748Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use