My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,835 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:42 AM

Robin, you are lucky to have a new computer and I realize it is a bit strange to you, but your post looked fine to me.  No yelling I could see, lol.  I hope you enjoy your vacation.  I'm having a problem accessing my PM's today.  It gives me an error message every time.  I'll try again later.  

I've decided to exercise my rights as a woman and change my end product on this RR from a purse to a hussif.  That seems like something I could use 2 of.  I'd like to have a really pretty one.  My first one has become so utilitarian that everything ends up wrapped up in it.  I'll use the new one exclusively for fine sewing items.  It'll be an inspiration to me every time I use it.   

Here's the order for this RR.  It's in the order people responded to doing it just after Christmas:

Robin

Lillie

Stephanie

Diane

Linny

As soon as Diane responds about her info being the same or not, I'll send the list out to everyone.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday doing exactly what they want to do.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:51 AM

Linny t:
I've decided to exercise my rights as a woman and change my end product on this RR from a purse to a hussif.  That seems like something I could use 2 of.  I'd like to have a really pretty one.  My first one has become so utilitarian that everything ends up wrapped up in it.  I'll use the new one exclusively for fine sewing items.  It'll be an inspiration to me every time I use it.

That's a great idea.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 3:04 PM

Hi Everyone

Lillie---I put the book on ribbon embroidery in my cart on amazon.  I'll buy it soon I hope.

Robin---how did everyone like the handmade gifts?  I'll bet they loved them!

I don't know if I told you, I saw my dentist and he said everything looks fine.  He says the hole in my gum will granulate in or fill in as he put it.  Still so painful.  I can't help tearing up with the pain and sometimes crying.  It's so depressing to have pain like this all the time.  I am still taking pain meds every- 4-6 hrs.  He said that's fine and there's no infection.  Oh well,  there will be an end to this---soon I hope. The meds I take are Motrin, Tylenol and Ultram.  Dentist knows.

Jo---next time you have a leftovers party---please invite me!  Sounds great.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:26 PM

Lillie:

I purchased this one last year after Diane posted about it. I have not used any of the techniques yet, but I look at it all the time. lol

http://www.amazon.com/Threads-Crafts-Ribbon-Embroidery-Stumpwork/dp/1844480909/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388322881&sr=1-5&keywords=stumpwork+embroidery+books

That book is scrumptious, Lillie.  It's on my wishlist.  I like Amazon's wishlist because if the price changes on anything in there, they tell you.  Lot's of times if you wait the price will come down.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:32 PM

Diane,

So sorry to read you are still in so much pain.Hope you get some relief soon. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Hi Ladies.......I went to church this morning, the first time since Nov. 3.  It was nice being back.  

Diane, I hope your gums/teeth are feeling better. 

Here are the pictures of the hearts I made.  I used some of the trim I got from ESD around the edge of the large hearts.  I ended up sewing the small ones by hand and just using pinking shears on the backing fabric.  They are nothing special, just something to remember me by.  Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Here is a picture of George's daughters Christmas tree........she has the most beautiful tree, it looks like something out of a magazine.  She said she has 2800 lights on it. They have no kids, but she decorates every year.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:33 PM

Linny t:
As soon as Diane responds about her info being the same or not, I'll send the list out to everyone.  

I have no changes in my personal information Linny.

Jo---the hearts are so sweet.  I'm sure everyone loved them.  I think the new trim looks great.  Great idea to show your feelings to people you love.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 7:25 AM

Linny t:

I had to google about a hussif. lol   Is yours going to be a roll-up? Or something you fold in 1/2 or 1/4? I will be sure to sew beads on extra secure so they don't fall off when you roll or fold. Perhaps you don't want any beading on yours?

Honestly I had forgotten we were doing a Victorian purse. Now I remember that I didn't want a purse and I was going to make a small wall hanging out of mine. I have to rethink what I want the end product to be and select fabrics for that purpose. Not sure I will ever use a purse but maybe once a year for NYE. I would hate for the lovely work to sit in my closet for a year before I get to enjoy it again. OK. I have made a decision. I going to do a Victorian garden small hanging so I can have it sit out all year long on my hall entry table. Perfect! Thanks for letting me work out my decision.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 7:28 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

I don't know if I told you, I saw my dentist and he said everything looks fine.  He says the hole in my gum will granulate in or fill in as he put it.  Still so painful.  I can't help tearing up with the pain and sometimes crying.  It's so depressing to have pain like this all the time.  I am still taking pain meds every- 4-6 hrs.  He said that's fine and there's no infection.  Oh well,  there will be an end to this---soon I hope. The meds I take are Motrin, Tylenol and Ultram.  Dentist knows.

Diane-I don't understand why you are still is such pain. How much longer does your dentist expect this to continue? Seems to me that you should not be in pain for more than a day or so. Especially if you are taking pain meds. It's just not right.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 7:30 AM

Jo-Your hearts are lovely and very colorful. Anyone would be honored to have one for themselves.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 7:32 AM

And I thought I had a lot of lights on my tree!!!  I have 400 on a 6-ft tree. lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 8:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Glad to hear that I'm not yelling at all of you.  I would hate to often anyone.

Diane,  so sorry to hear that you are in pain still.  I'm dealing with a bit of a oral problem myself.  I split by gum about a month ago and it is not healing.  I guess I'm going to have to go see my dentist and see if there is something I'm missing.   Of course keeping my tongue out of it would help.  Don't know why that's so hard.

Yes both recieptants loved their gifts.  There was plenty of oohing and ahhhing.

Linni,  Got the list.  Thank you for organizing it.

Jo, Love the hearts.  Their precious.

Stephanie, November !  Wow it will be a busy year for you. 

So far this week, I've spent most of my days sewing and doing odds and ends around the house.   I am going to have to break down and do some school work after the beginning of the new year.

Have a great day!

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:16 AM

Lillie:
Diane-I don't understand why you are still is such pain.

Sounds like Diane has what they call a "dry socket".  I have never had one, they say it is when the clot gets dislodged from the hole. I have heard they are very painful.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:54 AM

Joy---I think you are right about the "dry socket" thing.  I can tell it's healing so that's good news.  I could have used some Percocet. :o)

About the RR, I thought we had decided to 'do our own thing', meaning make whatever we wanted to send around.  I'm making a pillow from mine.

Page 45 of 256 (3836 items) «Prev4344454647Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use