rated by 0 users
This post has 3,405 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:18 AM

Robin:
Linny, I want to do the round robin but I need to know how long are we going to have to work on the piece.   I'm fixing to enter my busy time of year and I want to make sure I'll be able to keep up.   Will it be a month per block or shorter?
 A month.  Longer if you need it.  We're pretty flexible around here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:20 AM

Norma Doll:
Alvie and Jeanetta came down last night and helped us eat some of the left-overs.  My youngest son, his wife and their daughter, husband and their son and daughter are coming from Ohio on Sat. to visit for the day.  Haley is the little girl coming....the one who spent a couple of weeks last summer learning to sew.   I bought myself a new camera and I am giving Vinnie her brother my other one; he is in first grade. It seems like I do more for Haley than him, so I think he will be really excited to get it. It works fine, so he can take "real" pictures with it.     Hugs, Jo
 How nice it will be to visit with all of them.  I bet Vinnie is going to love the camera.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:23 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

So, about this RR.  Shall we say that we have a month to get our bare blocks in the mail?  

In the mail by Jan 25? Will you create a mailing order for us?

That's a good goal.  I'm sure we'll all go with the flow like we did on the last RR.  I'll do like I did before and PM a list with everyone's addresses on it.  I'll do that this weekend.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:26 AM

Norma Doll:
Alvie and Jeanetta came down last night and helped us eat some of the left-overs.  My youngest son, his wife and their daughter, husband and their son and daughter are coming from Ohio on Sat. to visit for the day.  Haley is the little girl coming....the one who spent a couple of weeks last summer learning to sew.   I bought myself a new camera and I am giving Vinnie her brother my other one; he is in first grade. It seems like I do more for Haley than him, so I think he will be really excited to get it. It works fine, so he can take "real" pictures with it.     Hugs, Jo

Jo,

How wonderful that you are still up for and having company. I remember you posting about Haley's visit, and Vinnie will have lots of fun with the camera. Hope you have a great time....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:34 AM

Robin:
Anyway my goal this year is to finish the quilts I have started and laying around the house.   I'm afraid I'll never finish them if I don't make a serious effort to catch up.

I have some quilts I'd love to finish this year too. It's not the same having them folded up as tops as having them as quilts. I'm even more than half finished quilting one. With your drive and planning ability you can do it. That's wonderful that your Mom is going to quilt Justin's.

Sounds like Keeley's living situation will be ideal for her. Worth the extra cost for more privacy. Four girls in a dorm could be very distracting from her privacy and her studies. Bless your heart, I know you'll have some tears. It's hard to have our "babies" leave the nest. You'll be so proud of her though as she becomes independent.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:38 AM

Linny t:
 That's a good goal.  I'm sure we'll all go with the flow like we did on the last RR.  I'll do like I did before and PM a list with everyone's addresses on it.  I'll do that this weekend.

Sounds good. I think I still have access to mine if that will save you any trouble.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:15 AM

For anyone that loves ribbon work, I thought this book looked pretty interesting. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ribbonwork-gardens-christen-brown/1110930245?ean=9781607054122 

I put it on my wish list for Amazon. They have a "look inside" feature that you can see more detail if you google it. I'd have posted that  link  but it opens to my account. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:41 PM

Stephanie:

For anyone that loves ribbon work, I thought this book looked pretty interesting. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ribbonwork-gardens-christen-brown/1110930245?ean=9781607054122 

I put it on my wish list for Amazon. They have a "look inside" feature that you can see more detail if you google it. I'd have posted that  link  but it opens to my account. 

That is an interesting book.  I put it on my Amazon wish list, too.  You could learn a lot just looking at the cover.  Looking inside the author really goes into detail in explaining her thought process and documents on charts a lot.  The french knots, for instance.  She has a chart for threads and the knot they make.  That's nice to see because it shows she really put a lot of research into her book...sort of scientific, really.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,227
Points 112,230
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:00 PM

Has anyone moved since the last time we did an exchange?  I have all your addresses if you haven't.  Also, please send me your email address - other than the PM one used in here I mean and/or your phone numbers.  I just want an alternative way to reach you in case the site goes down...not much of a chance of that, right? 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:16 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

Sounds good. I think I still have access to mine if that will save you any trouble.

I still have my email from last time with all of our addresses. Is that the order you'd like us to use?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:19 AM

Lillie:

Stephanie:

Linny t:

I still have my email from last time with all of our addresses. Is that the order you'd like us to use?

I purchased this one last year after Diane posted about it. I have not used any of the techniques yet, but I look at it all the time. lol

http://www.amazon.com/Threads-Crafts-Ribbon-Embroidery-Stumpwork/dp/1844480909/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388322881&sr=1-5&keywords=stumpwork+embroidery+books

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:20 AM

Linny t:

Has anyone moved since the last time we did an exchange?  I have all your addresses if you haven't.  Also, please send me your email address - other than the PM one used in here I mean and/or your phone numbers.  I just want an alternative way to reach you in case the site goes down...not much of a chance of that, right? 

I'm still at the same address and email as well.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,052
Points 65,830
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 9:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope this Sunday is off to a bright a sunny start wherever you are.   If my post look funny or have a lot of errors in them please forgive me.   Donn got me a new laptop for Christmas because my old one was on it's last leg.  The keyboard is very different than the one I had so I'm having to learn where all of the keys are.  

I'm truly working on enjoying my holiday doing a lot of sewing.   Finished a scrappy top I started back in June for myself, Mom is going to quilt it for me.   I asked her to since I don't have a quilt that she has made me.  This way I'll have one from the last four generations including myself.   I also have one from a previous generation that was made out of flour sacks.  It's really cool.  Yesterday I took a break from sewing to go out and pick up my mom as Birthday present.  It's not very exciting but it is very practical.  I bought her a can opener like mine.   Hubby bought me one over a year ago that had an extending handle that works like a crank it's a lot easier to use than the ones with the handle that you turn with your fingers.   I bought two for school a couple of months ago.  Even the kids love them. 

I've got to start working on my square so I can get it done before my break is over.  I'm just not sure what I want to do with it.  Victorian has always been a challenge for me.  I've done a lot of looking on pinterest and the web to get ideas for blocks but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it afterwards.  If it is destine to be a pillow or what.   I don't think I would use a purse.  Does anyone else have any different ideas?

Linni, I message you my information.

Jo,  Sounds like you have some very caring and special friends.   That must be such a joy.

Diane,  I hope you will post some pictures of your current round robin when you finish.

Lillie,  How's the weather?  Are you able to get to the gym?

Stephanie,  Has your lovebirds set a date or is it to be a long engagement?   Thanks for your words of encouragement about the joy of children moving out and becoming independent.  I look forward to her turning into that person.  However, my youngest is already so independent I'm not sure how much more independent she can become.  I think it's her long range goal that makes be sad.   She wants to be a book editor and work for one of the big publishers in New York.  (and I realize that this can change overnight) but still the thought of her living so far away makes Mama a little sad.   But I want her to be happy so I will be her biggest cheerleader. 

By the end of this post I have manage to increase the size of my font twice and it also appears a little bold.  Sorry if it transfers when I post.  I'm really not yelling.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:10 AM

Robin:
Finished a scrappy top I started back in June for myself, Mom is going to quilt it for me.   I asked her to since I don't have a quilt that she has made me.  This way I'll have one from the last four generations including myself

That's really neat that you will have four generations of quilts. Love to see pics of your scrappy. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

Robin:
Victorian has always been a challenge for me.  I've done a lot of looking on pinterest and the web to get ideas for blocks but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it afterwards.  If it is destine to be a pillow or what.   I don't think I would use a purse.  Does anyone else have any different ideas?

I have thought of this myself. You wouldn't have to limit yourself to a block per se. A couple shapes like your hearts that would fit into the block size and make ornaments. a kindle cover, pincushion, needlebook.

Robin:
Stephanie,  Has your lovebirds set a date or is it to be a long engagement? 

They're planning a November wedding 2014. Not sure of the exact date yet.

Robin:
I think it's her long range goal that makes be sad.   She wants to be a book editor and work for one of the big publishers in New York.  (and I realize that this can change overnight) but still the thought of her living so far away makes Mama a little sad.   But I want her to be happy so I will be her biggest cheerleader. 

Sorry Robin. I didn't know what her career goals were and thoughts of moving to NY. I understand your feelings better now. I remember when Paul was talking about moving out of State to where he could make the best money. I really panicked at the thought. Made me smile to think of you being her biggest cheer leader.

Your post came thru perfect on my monitor. Have a blessed Sunday....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:11 AM

Lillie:

I purchased this one last year after Diane posted about it. I have not used any of the techniques yet, but I look at it all the time. lol

http://www.amazon.com/Threads-Crafts-Ribbon-Embroidery-Stumpwork/dp/1844480909/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388322881&sr=1-5&keywords=stumpwork+embroidery+books

I have that one too. Great book, and full of eyecandy.

Page 44 of 228 (3406 items) «Prev4243444546Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use