rated by 0 users
This post has 3,752 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:52 PM

Linny t:
The thing we remember is who was there and who wasn't there and where we were, isn't it?

For me too. I too value things made by hand as well.

My company loved the ornaments and RR block. The two of them looked so into them I was surprised. Melissa said the more she looked at them the more there was to see.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:53 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

I'm glad you brought this up, Robin.  I was going to ask who all is participating.  It's been so long since I posted the guidelines, I have forgotten exactly what they say, lol.  I'll have to go back and read them, too.

ME! ME! ME! I'm doing it.  lol

LOL Me too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:56 PM

Lillie:
We had a very quilt Christmas day. It was just the two of us. It's kind of our Christmas gifts to each other. We have fun making an elaborate dinner just for two.

Sounds like a perfect day for two.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,310
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:44 PM

Lillie:
What square? Yikes, now I'm feeling anxious.
 Remember the RR we said we'd put of until the first of the year?

Lillie:
We had a very quilt Christmas day. It was just the two of us. It's kind of our Christmas gifts to each other. We have fun making an elaborate dinner just for two.
 That sounds so romantic, Lillie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,310
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:49 PM

So, about this RR.  Shall we say that we have a month to get our bare blocks in the mail?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 9:21 PM

Hi Crazy Quilters

I had a wonderful Christmas day.  Everyone loved to cookies and I left plenty behind and still have a lot for myself!  We had a great turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

Then we opened a few gifts.  Karen gave me a gift card for JoAnn's.  The best gift ever!  I gave away a few pairs of earrings which they were so happy with.

The only problem was with my tooth surgery.  He may have to do more because a stitch broke open and it's not good.  I hope it will be OK.  I'll be seeing him tomorrow.

About the RR---my block is already made but I wouldn't mind waiting until February because I am now working on the last block in this RR.

Jo---loved the pics of your Christmas meal!  Looked so good.  So sweet of you to post.  You seem to being so well considering you had that major surgery.  Thant's great.

I started talking to a man who I had met at Thanksgiving.  I gave him my number.  He is very busy going to school and studying all the time but maybe we can to out sometime.  I'll keep you posted. (o:

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 4:05 AM

Sounds like a wonderful day for you too Diane.

Good luck at the dentist today. Hope all goes well for you.

Diane:
I started talking to a man who I had met at Thanksgiving.  I gave him my number.  He is very busy going to school and studying all the time but maybe we can to out sometime.  I'll keep you posted. (o:

Oh yes, keep us posted....

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 4:06 AM

Linny t:

So, about this RR.  Shall we say that we have a month to get our bare blocks in the mail?  

That works for me. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
I started talking to a man who I had met at Thanksgiving.  

That is sooooo exciting, Diane!  Do keep us posted. It will be nice if you have someone to go out to eat or to a movie once in a while.

Lillie how did the rabbit turn out?  

Sounds like everyone had a real nice Christmas.

Alvie and Jeanetta came down last night and helped us eat some of the left-overs.  My youngest son, his wife and their daughter, husband and their son and daughter are coming from Ohio on Sat. to visit for the day.  Haley is the little girl coming....the one who spent a couple of weeks last summer learning to sew.   I bought myself a new camera and I am giving Vinnie her brother my other one; he is in first grade. It seems like I do more for Haley than him, so I think he will be really excited to get it. It works fine, so he can take "real" pictures with it.     Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,101
Points 66,950
Robin replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and at it.  I didn't do anything I didn't won't to do yesterday so much of the day was spent working on Laurie's Grandma's Flower and watching season one of Downton Abbey, Season 1,  Donn and I started by the time we ended both of the girls had joined us.    Anyway my goal this year is to finish the quilts I have started and laying around the house.   I'm afraid I'll never finish them if I don't make a serious effort to catch up.  The only new one I plan to work on is one for my nephew, Justin.  He doesn't graduate from high school for another year so it's two years before he gets it.  But Mom and I made a deal that I would piece it and she would hand quilted it since she never made him a quilt and she has done it for all the other grandchildren on this side of the Suwanee River. 

Linny, I want to do the round robin but I need to know how long are we going to have to work on the piece.   I'm fixing to enter my busy time of year and I want to make sure I'll be able to keep up.   Will it be a month per block or shorter?

Jo,  Your table looks beautiful.  It was sweet of you husband to tell you to go sit down and rest while they do the dishes.   My crew really jump in and helped with the meal and getting the house ready.  Isn't it a blessing. 

Diane,  How exciting it is that you have met someone to be friends with. 

Well, part of the holiday will be spent moving Keeley into her dorm room.   The whole situation has completely change.   She was in a building very far from her class with four girls on bunk beds but now she is in the exact dorm she wanted but she is in a suite room her and one other girl sharing one bath.   It's a little more expensive but she happier and I am to.   Knowing that she won't have far to go to get to classes, the library and places to eat makes me a more comfortable Mama.  By the way thanks so much for the prayers I've gotten much more settled about her moving in the last week or so.  I'm sure that I'll have some tears on the way home but I think I will now make it through the day now. 

Have a great day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:53 AM

Linny t:

In the mail by Jan 25? Will you create a mailing order for us?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:55 AM

Diane-that sounds wonderful. Please keep us posted

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:57 AM

Norma Doll:

Lillie how did the rabbit turn out?  

The rabbit was to die for! It was so good. I will absolutely make it again! I got the recipe from a Stanley Tucci cookbook. 

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,310
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:15 AM

Diane, sounds like you had a nice Christmas.  I bet everyone loved your earrings.  Hope your tooth surgery issue gets resolved today. 

Diane:
About the RR---my block is already made but I wouldn't mind waiting until February because I am now working on the last block in this RR.
 In another post I suggested we mail them out in a month.  That would make it the end of January.  How does that work for you?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,310
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:16 AM

Diane:
 Sounds promising, Diane.  Keep us posted.

Linny T

Page 43 of 251 (3753 items) «Prev4142434445Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use