rated by 0 users
This post has 3,563 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:27 AM

Lillie:
Baked Brie with Fig sauce. Very easy to make and looks and tastes divine.
 I love the taste of brie with figs.  Sounds divine!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:32 AM

Norma Doll:

Lillie:
Seriously Jo, you should rest and recoup after your surgery. NO STRESS!!!!!

Thanks for all your concern........but dinner will go on as planned.  We are going to do as much as we can today to get the food ready.  I will saute` the onions and celery for the dressing, tear up the bread; get things ready for my scalloped oysters, etc.  George helps a lot; he made a list yesterday and checked off things he will be doing and things I have to do myself.  I can't wait to see if I sweat like I usually did getting everything done.....usually sweat would drip off my hair when I was having a dinner or just for no reason. The doctor said that is another sign of heart problems.  I haven't sweat like that since the surgery.  I am going to take it as easy as I can.  We go up to his daughters around 3:00 to open the presents she got for us. She always buys us a lot; even has stockings for us with lots of little goodies in them. We just give her money. I used to shop for her, but I haven't been shopping for years since I have so much trouble walking.

George and I don't do anything for New Years Eve.  We just watch the "ball" drop on TV, have a BIG kiss and go to bed.  That is fine with me.  Hugs, Jo

Jo, I'm sure you know your limits.  We're all rather fond of you, so we want you to take it easy.  Your dinner sounds scrumptious.  Your George is a real gem.  I've never had any man help me in the kitchen.  Ricky liked to cook, but not help and he only wanted to make his special dishes, so he used up my time in there, lol.  He didn't want any help, either...wanted to do it all himself...except the clean up part, the little bugger.  Sure do miss him...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:34 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 I thought we could make Santa some cookies.  Nothing like Diane's cookies.  Something more like a 6 year old would be able to put his hands in.  I'm thinking sugar cookies so he can decorate them.  

That sounds like fun. 

Linny t:
What will you do with yourself on Christmas day?  Will there be time to spend on projects (without guilt or pressure)?

I wish..... Mike informed me last night that he's invited someone for the day. Just when I thought I was on easy street, it's back to cleaning and cooking another meal. Melissa (son's fiance) is going to stop by for a short visit after she has dinner with Paul at the station. That'll be nice.

The cookie plans have changed.  Audra wants to do that with him when she gets home from work.

Darn it all.  I was hoping you'd get a nice 2 day break.  Nice that Mel will be stopping by, though.  She sure does sound like a perfect DIL.  Paul did good, eh?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:17 PM

Robin,

It sounds like you are back on top of things. I went to your gallery and peeked at what runners you have posted. They will make wonderful gifts.

Happy Christmas Eve to you and your family as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:21 PM

Diane:

I've had a lot of pain today.  Maybe I didn't rest enough.  I am using an antibiotic  rinse which helps sometimes with the pain.  And the swelling went down throughout  the day as I sat up.

I'll probably lose some weight over this dental surgery---not the best way---at this rate, I'll be skinny by summer and in a bikini!  LOLOLOL

I think I remember that when you have a tooth pulled bending down and lifting can put pressure on your jaw. Maybe with all the baking and bending over to lift the cookies did that. It sounded like a pretty tough surgery with having to have that piece dug out. I feel for you.

LOL about the bikini by summer.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:25 PM

Jo,

Hope dinner goes well for you and that George is up to the task of helping. Have a great time at George's daughters....

We don't do anything for New Years as a rule. Yours sounds like a perfect plan... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:26 PM

Lillie:
Baked Brie with Fig sauce. Very easy to make and looks and tastes divine.

Sounds delicious. Hope you have a great time with your friends....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:37 PM

Linny t:
 I was hoping you'd get a nice 2 day break.  Nice that Mel will be stopping by, though.  She sure does sound like a perfect DIL.  Paul did good, eh?

Much to my surprise Mike stopped at our favorite Italian restaurant and picked up some dinners for tomorrow. That works for me. Our guest is kind of flighty and prone to cancel at the last minute. I'd be really ticked if I'd made another big dinner and she didn't show. This will be better. Instead of being in the kitchen we can all visit and maybe play some cards. I have plans to work Thursday so I really needed to catch up on some rest. I'm sure we all do. LOL

I'm happy that Mel will stop by and  see all the decorations. Paul really did pick a sweetheart. Truly. One of the gifts we gave them was a steam mop. She's a much better house keeper than I. She had it out of the box and running it around before I could blink an eye. LOL. She texted me later and said that Paul had given it a try as well and he really liked it too. I had to laugh. I don't know that Mike has ever held a mop, let alone used one. LOL 

For tonight, we are just eating leftovers and watching old westerns. Perfect.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:50 PM

Hi Everyone

I am getting ready to make the Russian Tea Cookies tonight.  I forgot the butter was in the freezer.  If I use the microwave it just melts to a lizuidthe outside and leaves the inside frozen.

Linny--I tried the salt water and it has helped.  He gave ma a prescription rinse that kills bacteria so that helps also.  He had to do a lot of looking around in the gum to find the piece of tooth.  I'm sure the surgery itself with him moving the gum around inside and cutting made it painful and there is a longer healing time.  Also, I have to use my mouth and there's no getting around that.  He gave me Motrin 800 mg.  I take tylenol and ultram with it and it works pretty well.  I am eating soft foods and have to use the rinse afterward.  The swelling is going down and there is no infection----just the trauma from the surgery.  He said to take it every 8 hours but that's not enough.  I have to take it every 6 hours.  Now the limit of motrin is 240 mg a day.  I take about 320 mg a day and I'm OK.  I wish he had given me something with it but luckily I have Ultram which is for my fibro.  I can take it every 6 hours.  So that's the story of my dental woes. If I had known, I would have asked him to wait until after Christmas.

To everyone----have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 7:06 PM

Sounds like he did a number searching for that tooth fragment.  I'm glad the salt water helped a bit.  Thank goodness for painkillers, right?  It's good to hear you feel well enough to make the Russian Tea Cookies.  I know what you mean about melted butter.  I have a gas stove and since the pilot is always on I can put butter on a dish on the back burner and it gets soft faster.  Butter is one of those things that once it's melted it's changed forever and soft butter is a different thing altogether from melted butter.  For cookies melted butter just won't do, will it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 7:16 PM

I want to wish all of you a tender and joyful Christmas.  May Blessings overwhelm you and love fill your households...

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 354
Points 9,595

Linny t:
May Blessings overwhelm you and love fill your households.

What a nice sentiment, Linny!   Back at you.  

The turkey is in the oven and George is back in bed; let the day begin.

Merry Christmas everyone!   Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 5:26 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 5:38 AM

Linny t:

I want to wish all of you a tender and joyful Christmas.  May Blessings overwhelm you and love fill your households...

This is lovely...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,545
Robin replied on Wed, Dec 25 2013 5:54 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone,

I hope this message finds you all up and well.

It is a time of year when many people stop and count their blessings and when I count mine you are all at the top of my list.   I have become so accustom to waking up and sharing my plans and fears with you all.   I love the fact that we don't just talk about quilting but also all the ins and outs of life.  I learn so much from all of you.   I pray that this Christmas season will be one of your best although I know that it is filled with some sorrows may you also find the true joy in the season.  To me it is amazing what this time of you can bring to the hearts of mankind.    My wish for all of you is that you may enjoy the spirit of the season throughout the year .

I am off for Christmas Break now throughout the beginning of January.  We go back on the 6th (I think).   Keeley has finally gotten her dorm assignment settled so on the 2nd we will move her into her room at FSU.  She was upgraded to a suite style room with just one roommate, which will be a little harder of the pocketbook but better for her in the long run I think.   We'll truly just have to wait and see.    But other than that I have no real plans for the next few days, other than cooking Christmas Dinner today.  The ham is almost done.  and oops there goes the timer.  

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Robin

Page 41 of 238 (3564 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use