1) Loose 30 LBS!!!!

2) Stay off of Facebook!!!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:57 PM

Jo-I like Linny's idea. But, if you wanted to take it further you could always tell them you have all the fixin's and they can come over and take stuff home and cook it. You might ask  them to decide where Christmas dinner is going to be as long as it's not at your house and you don't have to do any of the cooking or bring anything except your hearty appetite. 

Seriously Jo, you should rest and recoup after your surgery. NO STRESS!!!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:49 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Lillie, what are your plans this year?  

We are going to friends house on Christmas eve for apps and drinks. Turns out it will just be the 4 of us. I'm making a dessert that feeds 10!  lol Guess we'll have a lot of dessert left over.

Christmas day will just be the two of us. That is fine with us. We're making an experimental meal for Christmas day. Stuffed roasted rabbit. I usually don't eat read meat or pork, but decided it would be a great treat for DH to actually get some red meat.

We're meeting two other couples for New Years Eve dinner. We just go out for dinner and walk around old town (if it's not too cold). Then go home Usually home by 9:30-10:00.

What plans does everyone else have? 

Lillie, you plans sound simple and sweet.  There are worse things in life than having leftover desert :)

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 7:55 PM

Lillie:

My new years resolution is two fold.

1) Loose 30 LBS!!!!

You can do it, if anyone can.  I've been thinking about a resolution, but haven't come up with one yet.  I've never been very good at keeping them.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:43 PM

Jo,

I too have had maddening times trying to post the last few days. It's so good to hear from you.... Thanks for hanging in and getting one through.

Thank you for the compliments on the ornaments. I'd love to see pic's of your hearts, and please don't ever feel that you couldn't make anything as nice. You are as talented as any of us. And truly. it's not really about that. It's just about the gift of yourself. We have developed  such friendships here. For the ornaments, I have a need to add all the stitches and baubles I can, while I can still see to do it. It won't be long, maybe 5 to ten years tops and that will be it for me. I'm already using a magnifier with my bifocals.

I'm really concerned about you. I know your heart is in the right place, but really feel like it's too soon after your surgery to take on such a task. I know you're going to do it, anyway, but I really wish you'd talk this over with George and make a couple calls to stress this (not being ready) and have people bring an extra dish. Just the cleaning and decorating is too much to say the least of doing the cooking and being hostess as well. Please Jo. People really don't have a clue sometimes unless they've been thru it, or people bonk them over the head. Your gold chargers and tablecloth sound lovely and look forward to seeing pic's...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:28 PM

Lillie---sounds like you have your holiday plans in order.  Sounds nice. I don't think I've ever had rabbit. One year we had duck.  It was good.  Does anyone know how it tastes?

Linny--that's a great idea for Jo to have her friends come and help her.  I'm sure her friends wouldn't mind.  

Today I took a rest from making cookies,.  I was having swelling and pain.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow.  I would love to make the Mrs Fields recipe.  It's only 2 dozen which will be easier.  They are called Russian Tea Cakes.  You roll the dough in a 1" ball and make a depression in the ball and fill it with preserves or nuts.  I made them before and they are so good.  I hope I feel well enough to do it.  I've had a lot of pain today.  Maybe I didn't rest enough.  I am using an antibiotic  rinse which helps sometimes with the pain.  And the swelling went down throughout  the day as I sat up.

I'll probably lose some weight over this dental surgery---not the best way---at this rate, I'll be skinny by summer and in a bikini!  LOLOLOL

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 3:55 AM

My timing must be bad to post. I could only get one on before the error screen started coming up. Hopefully this will post.

Diane,

Sorry to hear you are still in pain from your dental surgery. Did he give you anything for it?

That was the sweetest sentiment wearing one of  your mothers aprons. Flowers and French writing on the fabric sound pretty. I hope you feel well enough to post a pic of your cookies. It's always better to imagine with a picture.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 4:05 AM

Linny t:
 I thought we could make Santa some cookies.  Nothing like Diane's cookies.  Something more like a 6 year old would be able to put his hands in.  I'm thinking sugar cookies so he can decorate them.  

That sounds like fun. 

Linny t:
What will you do with yourself on Christmas day?  Will there be time to spend on projects (without guilt or pressure)?

I wish..... Mike informed me last night that he's invited someone for the day. Just when I thought I was on easy street, it's back to cleaning and cooking another meal. Melissa (son's fiance) is going to stop by for a short visit after she has dinner with Paul at the station. That'll be nice.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 4:17 AM

Lillie:

My new years resolution is two fold.

1) Loose 30 LBS!!!!

Atta girl Lillie. You can do it. 

Hope you have a great time with the dessert and friends. What are  you making that serves 10? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,560
Robin replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 5:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm back!  The gifts are all done, boxed and wrapped.   Now I'm on to fixing Christmas Dinner for 10.  But it will be cool it will be my mom, sister in love and I so it's all good.   Today we head to my inlaws for Christmas Eve with them, a noon meal and we'll be home around 5:00.   It will be hard without Greatma but we managed Thanksgiving well so I think today will be ok.  I'm up and going to take care of a few things for tomorrows meal.  But I'm not in no rush.  

I started putting pictures of the runners and quilt in my pictures yesterday so I could share them with all of you but they are loading so slow it maybe next year before I'm done loading them.

Lillie,  Sounds like you have some delightful plans for the holidays.   I'm not sure I could do rabbit.

Diane,  Sorry to hear about your dental surgery.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Jo,  Rest.  Let your body heal from the trauma. Christmas dinner is not worth your health.

Linny and Stephanie,  I'm still admiring and finding new things on my ornament.   I love them.

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Lillie:
Seriously Jo, you should rest and recoup after your surgery. NO STRESS!!!!!

Thanks for all your concern........but dinner will go on as planned.  We are going to do as much as we can today to get the food ready.  I will saute` the onions and celery for the dressing, tear up the bread; get things ready for my scalloped oysters, etc.  George helps a lot; he made a list yesterday and checked off things he will be doing and things I have to do myself.  I can't wait to see if I sweat like I usually did getting everything done.....usually sweat would drip off my hair when I was having a dinner or just for no reason. The doctor said that is another sign of heart problems.  I haven't sweat like that since the surgery.  I am going to take it as easy as I can.  We go up to his daughters around 3:00 to open the presents she got for us. She always buys us a lot; even has stockings for us with lots of little goodies in them. We just give her money. I used to shop for her, but I haven't been shopping for years since I have so much trouble walking.

George and I don't do anything for New Years Eve.  We just watch the "ball" drop on TV, have a BIG kiss and go to bed.  That is fine with me.  Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 7:07 AM

Diane, those Russian Tea Cookies sound divine. I can certainly understand overusing your hands and then they start hurting. Sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing and ask DH to finish for me because my hands are hurting too much to continue. It's good to take a little break and look at what you have accomplished.

I can hardly wait for you to post pics of you in your bikini---woo hoo!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 7:09 AM

Stephanie:

Hope you have a great time with the dessert and friends. What are  you making that serves 10? 

Baked Brie with Fig sauce. Very easy to make and looks and tastes divine.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:18 AM

Diane:

Today I took a rest from making cookies,.  I was having swelling and pain.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow.  I would love to make the Mrs Fields recipe.  It's only 2 dozen which will be easier.  They are called Russian Tea Cakes.  You roll the dough in a 1" ball and make a depression in the ball and fill it with preserves or nuts.  I made them before and they are so good.  I hope I feel well enough to do it.  I've had a lot of pain today.  Maybe I didn't rest enough.  I am using an antibiotic  rinse which helps sometimes with the pain.  And the swelling went down throughout  the day as I sat up.

I'll probably lose some weight over this dental surgery---not the best way---at this rate, I'll be skinny by summer and in a bikini!  LOLOLOL

Diane, I hope that today you turn a corner with your surgery issues.  It's just unfair to make all those wonderful cookies and not be able to eat them.  Have you tried rinsing with salt water?  Every time I've had dental surgery it really helped.  Mother nature's antiseptic. I know you've got the antibiotic, but too much of that might be irritating(?).  

Those Russian Tea Cakes sound delicious.  Hope your're up to making them.

This site is so finicky today, I hope I get this to post.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 8:26 AM

Robin:
I'm back!  The gifts are all done, boxed and wrapped.   Now I'm on to fixing Christmas Dinner for 10.  But it will be cool it will be my mom, sister in love and I so it's all good.   Today we head to my inlaws for Christmas Eve with them, a noon meal and we'll be home around 5:00.   It will be hard without Greatma but we managed Thanksgiving well so I think today will be ok.  I'm up and going to take care of a few things for tomorrows meal.  But I'm not in no rush. 

Good to hear from you Robin.  You've been so very busy and it's good to read that you will not be in a rush today.  It's also good to read that you won't be under a lot of pressure with your guests.  Sounds like you'll have plenty of help.  Are you on Winter break now?  You deserve a vacation!

Linny T

Page 40 of 222 (3326 items) «Prev3839404142Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use