My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,089 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 1:08 PM

Linny---the necklace and earring set is gorgeous!  I love the color and the design.  I'm sure she will treasure it and love it.  Her mother made it for her!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 6:07 PM

Thanks, Diane.  Care to post pics of your earrings?  I would sure like to see them...after you get the cookie dough out from under your finger nails, that is :)

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 8:25 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
I was watching an episode from Lyric Kinard on The Quilt Show. She was explaining how to deal with silks, velvets, and other tricky slippery fabrics. The she showed us how to make a scarf with all those fabrics. And, when the scarf was completed, she showed us her favorite way of adding bead fringe to the bottom of the scarf. I can't send the video to you because you have to be a member of TQS to see that video (bummer).  Lyric spray starches everything at least twice. For the velvet, she places the plush side down on a towel and spray starches the back of the fabric. All the fabrics become stiff and not slippery and are fairly easy to sew.

Sounds fascinating Lillie. I'm a member of TQS too. I'll have to pop over and watch that. It would be great if you have the time to post pics as you go and the finish. Look forward to it. 

Lillie, I missed your post and I am so glad Stephanie brought it to the top.  Thanks for sharing that.  I went and watched it and was so inspired.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:36 AM

Diane:
thank you for your words of encouragement.  We all need that don't we? 

You're welcome, and yes I think we do, especially when we're in pain.

Diane:

I made a batch of Russian Rocks yesterday. (probably the same as you Mich Rocks Lillie)  Brown sugar is the main thing that makes them so delicious.  I also added walnuts, choc chips, and butterscotch chips.  They did turn out well.

Today I'm going to make another batch and split the dough and add white choc to one and choc chips and pecans to the other.  I am giving gifts of cookies so I have to make a lot.

I plan to make one more batch of a Mrs Fields recipe with  a drop of strawberry preserves.  Then I'll be done. Whew!!

You made my mouth water reading this. They each sound delicious, and such great gifts.

That's so neat that you made the earrings and have them to give as gifts like that. Your friend must have been thrilled on seeing them and picking a pair out.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:39 AM

Linny, 

Audra's going to love her necklace and earrings. Love the design and color as well. Pictures never seem to carry on the sparkle of crystal. They have to just dazzle in the light.

Diane, I'd love to see some pic's of your earrings as well.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:45 AM

We went and had Christmas with my son and his fiance yesterday since he's on duty Christmas day. Had a wonderful visit,  dinner and gift exchange. It seems almost surreal that Christmas day will be spent just chilling out with the animals. After all the hustle, bustle from the past week we'll probably sleep thru most of it. That'll be ok too.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend..... 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 5:59 AM

Beautiful necklace and earrings. What a lucky daughter!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 6:22 AM

Lillie:

Beautiful necklace and earrings. What a lucky daughter!

Thanks, Lillie.

Well, here we are, Christmas week.  I have food shopping, wrapping and cleaning.  My blessing is that I'm off from work today through Christmas.  I have to watch Nate Tuesday until 1 PM until Audra gets off.  I thought we could make Santa some cookies.  Nothing like Diane's cookies.  Something more like a 6 year old would be able to put his hands in.  I'm thinking sugar cookies so he can decorate them.  

Robin, are you off for Winter break yet?  I think I remember you saying you were having Christmas at your house this year.  Did you get your plumbing project done?  Those kind of repairs always end up being harder than we could have imagined for some reason.  I hope yours wasn't that way.

Stephanie, your early celebration at your son's house sounds like a sweet, fun time.  What will you do with yourself on Christmas day?  Will there be time to spend on projects (without guilt or pressure)?

Lillie, what are your plans this year?  

Diane, I know whatever you do on Christmas, there will be cookies.  I'm sorry if I missed your post about your plans for Christmas.  I've been so busy I haven't been on here much.

Darlene, hope you take a minute and check in.  We'd love to hear from you.

Jo, what are your plans.  I hope you're still recovering well and your heart ornaments turned out nice.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 9,170

Stephanie:
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.....

I had a nice big post typed yesterday; but it didn't make it through cyber-space.

All of the ornaments you three made are beautiful! I read where you said we will all join in making them next year.....Not me, I couldn't begin to make anything half as nice as what you did.  You will see what I mean when I post pictures of my hearts I am making. 

I had an appointment for a check-up with the cardiologist on Fri. I saw the NP...I would have rather seen the doctor since he is the one that found my problem.  She said I am doing fine and I don't have to come back for 6 months. She asked me if I was sleeping in bed yet. I told her I slept in bed the first night home. She said some people don't sleep in bed for 6 weeks. I guess the nurses really meant it when they kept telling me I was really doing good when I was in the hospital. I told them I thought they were just saying that, because I didn't feel like I was doing good.   We went shopping (Wallmart & Aldi) and my chest hurt that night and the next morning, but it feels ok now. I can tell when I do too much around here also.

I will be glad when our Christmas dinner is over. Not that I won't enjoy having everyone here; it is just that I am not up to par when it comes to cooking. I got some gold charger plates to use with my red table cloth. We are not "fancy" people, but I think they make the place settings look nice. I have clear glass plates that I use for special occasions. If I remember, I will take a picture of the table b/4 we start eating.

I hope you all have a nice Christmas!   Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:27 PM

Hi Everyone

Joe--are you having pot luck?  That would be the best way considering your health.  Glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Stephanie---sounds like a nice quiet Christmas.  At this point with my gum pain and swelling, I would like that too.

Linny--I am going to my best friend's house for dinner and gifts. It is mostly made by my Karen but everyone brings something.  It's a Mormon thing all year 'round.  

I have been baking for 2 days.  I took pics of the cookies. LOL  I may post them.

Now, I think because I have not rested I think, I am having more swelling.  I have a mouth wash that 'kills everything' my dentist says.  I feel the swelling going down since I got up.

Robin--I think you must be busy.  Have a great Christmas.

I can't help thinking about my mother when I bake.  She always baked Christmas cookies so I got that from her.  She was a great cook and liked to try new recipes often.

She always wore an apron when she cooked.

I found one of her aprons to wear when I was baking.  I usually don't wear an apron but I felt this urge to wear one.  I looked and found one of my mother's aprons with flowers and french writing on it. Very nice with big pockets and heavy fabric.  She was French.  I wore it the whole time.  I believe she was trying to tell me something.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 9,170

Diane:
Joe--are you having pot luck?  That would be the best way considering your health.  Glad to hear that you are doing so well.

A couple of people are bringing things. I just found out this morning that George and I had a misunderstanding about Christmas dinner.  When I was in the hospital, I said to my roommate "I won't have to cook Christmas dinner this year."  After I got home I said to George,"are we having Christmas dinner?" expecting him to say  "you're not able".  Instead, he said, "yes".  So I didn't say anything.  This morning we had been working and I set down and he said "you are wore out and we aren't even working on Christmas dinner yet."  I told him what I had said in the hospital about dinner and he said..."I thought you wanted to have it when you asked me".  I said, " I thought you would say that I wasn't able to do it and we would go somewhere else."  LOL  I guess I have to speak up from now on.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:37 PM

Jo---have you thought of making other plans? Seriously, who would expect you would do that so close to your surgery.  Can't you bake a turkey and take it somewhere? I think they would understand and it's not too late to switch plans.  Or could have someone come and help you?

Once there was a retirement party for someone at another person's house.  I got to the party around midnight because I had worked.  The person opened the door and her house was quiet and it looked like no party had taken place.  She had asked everyone to leave at 11pm because she had to study.

The party had moved to another person's house nearby.  I went to the party and it was going full swing as though nothing happened.  I tell you this to show you because people do adjust.

As you see, I think you are over extended yourself.  Best of luck for whatever decision you make,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:08 PM

Jo, maybe you need to call someone up an say, " I have the food.  Could you please come over and help cook it?"   I am sure the folks coming to visit value you more than they do your cooking dinner.  You are so used to doing everything yourself, it's hard to let any of that go.  Still, just for this year maybe you need to take it easier than usual.  No one will think the less of you.  

I bet your table will look beautiful with the gold chargers against the red table cloth.  Do you light candles on your dinner table?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:11 PM

Diane:
Linny--I am going to my best friend's house for dinner and gifts. It is mostly made by my Karen but everyone brings something.  It's a Mormon thing all year 'round.

This sounds lovely, Diane.

Diane:

I can't help thinking about my mother when I bake.  She always baked Christmas cookies so I got that from her.  She was a great cook and liked to try new recipes often.

She always wore an apron when she cooked.

I found one of her aprons to wear when I was baking.  I usually don't wear an apron but I felt this urge to wear one.  I looked and found one of my mother's aprons with flowers and french writing on it. Very nice with big pockets and heavy fabric.  She was French.  I wore it the whole time.  I believe she was trying to tell me something.

Maybe your mom was giving you a hug...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:49 PM

Linny t:

Lillie, what are your plans this year?  

We are going to friends house on Christmas eve for apps and drinks. Turns out it will just be the 4 of us. I'm making a dessert that feeds 10!  lol Guess we'll have a lot of dessert left over.

Christmas day will just be the two of us. That is fine with us. We're making an experimental meal for Christmas day. Stuffed roasted rabbit. I usually don't eat read meat or pork, but decided it would be a great treat for DH to actually get some red meat.

We're meeting two other couples for New Years Eve dinner. We just go out for dinner and walk around old town (if it's not too cold). Then go home Usually home by 9:30-10:00.

What plans does everyone else have? 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Page 39 of 206 (3090 items) «Prev3738394041Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use