My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,164 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:50 AM

All the ornaments are truly breathtaking. You all did such a wonderful job on them. I'm sorry I missed doing it this year, but am looking forward to participating in 2014.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 7:05 AM

Stephanie:

Anytime you want. LOL. Although, Diane has been already baking al day, and I think we should go to her house for some of her specialty cookies first.Yum

Lillie:

OK Diane, we're stopping by your place first!  lol

Stephanie:
You are so welcome for the patterns. I can't believe they got to Colorado so quickly! I'm so proud of you for having a plan for making scarfs and ornaments in January. I'm quite intrigued about your scarfs and would love to know your plans...

Lillie:

I was watching an episode from Lyric Kinard on The Quilt Show. She was explaining how to deal with silks, velvets, and other tricky slippery fabrics. The she showed us how to make a scarf with all those fabrics. And, when the scarf was completed, she showed us her favorite way of adding bead fringe to the bottom of the scarf. I can't send the video to you because you have to be a member of TQS to see that video (bummer).  Lyric spray starches everything at least twice. For the velvet, she places the plush side down on a towel and spray starches the back of the fabric. All the fabrics become stiff and not slippery and are fairly easy to sew. 

For the velvet, she pins every inch or less and lays the velvet on top so that she has control of it as she sews.

When I start the project in Jan, I'll take pics as I go and post them along with the finished project. I won't bother you with the beading cuz ya'll already know how to do that. I did not know how to attached them as fringe.

She placed the soft fluffy fabrics in the center, as those would be the ones that touch your neck. And depending on how you fold the scarf, would not be seen as much. She saved the fancy beautiful fabric for each end of the scarf, as those are the ones that would hang down and be seen. (Did that make sense?)

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 7:13 AM

Diane:

I started crying in the dental chair..  I am sick of having pain in my mouth because dentists didn't do their job. 

Diane-I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all this pain in your mouth. I know how pain in your mouth just makes everything horrible. Hopefully this dentist will "really" take care of you and make your life pain free.

Good on you for making the cookies. DH usually makes Michigan Rocks for the holidays. This year he's not making them because I'll just eat them and I already need to loose 30 lbs. I'm not going to try to loose anything this year. It's just to dang hard during the holidays. Come Jan 2 it's the BIG DIET for me!  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 7:14 AM

Diane:

I started crying in the dental chair..  I am sick of having pain in my mouth because dentists didn't do their job. 

Diane-I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all this pain in your mouth. I know how pain in your mouth just makes everything horrible. Hopefully this dentist will "really" take care of you and make your life pain free.

Good on you for making the cookies. DH usually makes Michigan Rocks for the holidays. This year he's not making them because I'll just eat them and I already need to loose 30 lbs. I'm not going to try to loose anything this year. It's just to dang hard during the holidays. Come Jan 2 it's the BIG DIET for me!  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 7:22 AM

Stephanie, your post made me tear up.  I actually read it last night, but was speechless to answer.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am so proud that you think of me as your mentor, I just can't find words to express.  Just knowing anything that I am or I have shared has touched your life and creative spirit makes the whole experience for me here worth every minute.  I so enjoyed making these ornaments, but more than that, I made them for people I truly love and care about.  That always brings the best out in us, doesn't it?  Knowing you has brought out the best in me, too.  Thank you, my dear friend, for sharing yourself.  Knowing you has changed my life, too.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:58 AM

Linny---the ornaments are gorgeous!  You are the queen of artistry and detail.  And I love all the gold. And I love the design with the tassel and room to put some treats in or a  gift.  You are the winner!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:22 PM

Tks, Diane and Lillie.  Next year we'll start before summer is over and we'll all participate.  Sound good?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:57 PM

Linny t:
Tks, Diane and Lillie.  Next year we'll start before summer is over and we'll all participate.  Sound good?

That sounds good to me Linny.

I'm feeling better today after my ordeal of dental surgery.  I am back to making cookies.  Just taking it slow.

Lillie--thank you for the kind words.  When I started crying, the staff was comforting and so was the dentist.  I really love my dentist.  He explains everything to me and shows me on his high tech x-ray screen.  He gives me all the time I need and we have great conversations and I trust him.  I want to marry him! LOL

My babies are doing fine.  Now that Guido is free to roam and living in the living room he is happy.  Every day he comes into my room to visit and show me what a great guy he is.  He's like a little man with a big ego.  I love that he want's to visit.  He lets me calm him down sometimes when I hold him and stroke his head.  I love that little guy!

I hope all is well for you all in preparing for Christmas.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 21 2013 7:27 PM

Diane:
I'm feeling better today after my ordeal of dental surgery.  I am back to making cookies.  Just taking it slow.
 Glad you're feeling better.  What a time you had.  I hate dentists.  Made me hungry to think about your cookies.

Diane:
My babies are doing fine.  Now that Guido is free to roam and living in the living room he is happy.  Every day he comes into my room to visit and show me what a great guy he is.  He's like a little man with a big ego.  I love that he want's to visit.  He lets me calm him down sometimes when I hold him and stroke his head.  I love that little guy!

Diane, I love it when you talk about your babies.  That's so cute about Guido coming in to see you...little man with a big ego...hmmm, sounds like my boss, lol.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,218
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:23 AM

Lillie:
I was watching an episode from Lyric Kinard on The Quilt Show. She was explaining how to deal with silks, velvets, and other tricky slippery fabrics. The she showed us how to make a scarf with all those fabrics. And, when the scarf was completed, she showed us her favorite way of adding bead fringe to the bottom of the scarf. I can't send the video to you because you have to be a member of TQS to see that video (bummer).  Lyric spray starches everything at least twice. For the velvet, she places the plush side down on a towel and spray starches the back of the fabric. All the fabrics become stiff and not slippery and are fairly easy to sew.

Sounds fascinating Lillie. I'm a member of TQS too. I'll have to pop over and watch that. It would be great if you have the time to post pics as you go and the finish. Look forward to it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,218
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:33 AM

Diane:

Diane,

I missed your early post, and was so sorry to read about your pain and ordeal with damage from previous dentists. A good one is worth his/her weight in gold for sure. Same with Doctors. I'm happy that you have found a good caring dentist now and that you are doing so much better. Got a chuckle out of your wanting to marry him. With his caring nature it sounds like he'd be a great catch. LOL

Diane:

I loved reading this. The character you see in him brought a smile in thinking of him and you there caring for them. They all really do have personalities of their own, don't they?

Diane:
I hope all is well for you all in preparing for Christmas.

And you as well. Gotta be healthy so you can make those wonderful cookies.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,218
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:36 AM

Diane:

Linny---the ornaments are gorgeous!  You are the queen of artistry and detail.  And I love all the gold. And I love the design with the tassel and room to put some treats in or a  gift.  You are the winner!

Yesiree!!! You get my vote! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 11:21 AM

Hi Everyone

Stephanie--thank you for your words of encouragement.  We all need that don't we? 

I am so happy you like my stories about my babies.  Some people have called me the "lizard whisperer"  I do love to watch their behavior and they are all so different when you get to know them.

I made a batch of Russian Rocks yesterday. (probably the same as you Mich Rocks Lillie)  Brown sugar is the main thing that makes them so delicious.  I also added walnuts, choc chips, and butterscotch chips.  They did turn out well.

Today I'm going to make another batch and split the dough and add white choc to one and choc chips and pecans to the other.  I am giving gifts of cookies so I have to make a lot.

I plan to make one more batch of a Mrs Fields recipe with  a drop of strawberry preserves.  Then I'll be done. Whew!!

A friend just stopped by to chat a little and give me a Christmas card.  I had her pick out a pair of earrings for a present.  So glad I have them!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 12:24 PM

Stephanie:

Diane:

Yesiree!!! You get my vote! 

Thanks, guys.  Love doing it.

Here'a a pic a a necklace and earrings I made today as a gift for my daughter.  The crystals are lavender (her fav. color), although it's hard to see.  It's so hard to photograph jewelry.  If I ever find a class for it, I'll take it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 12:28 PM

Diane, you are a prolific cookie maker and you don't make plain old sugar cookies, either.  I bet your neighbors will all start bringing you cards in hopes they'll get a sample, lol.

I'm sure it was a thrill for your friend to pick out a pair of earrings.  It is nice to have things on hand, isn't it?  Especially when you've gotten the joy of making them with your own hands.  They are so much more appreciated when they are hand made.  

Linny T

Page 38 of 211 (3165 items) «Prev3637383940Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use