My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,837 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,462
Points 137,933

Diane:
-it's interesting how you made the ornaments.  I don't know if I would have used a pattern.  You are good!

You're so sweet. Thank you. Thirty years ago I made some patchwork ornaments from a pattern that Simplicity had out. Little birds, hearts, and squares. I remember how hard it was to turn some of them  after sewing because they were so small. It prompted me to think that, with my pattern,  how impossible it would be to do with an embellished piece, especially at that toe.  So I had to think of an alternative way to make it work. 

I have a few whip stitches left on the second one and they'll be on their way....  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,462
Points 137,933

Linny t:
Today I went Christmas shopping with Barb.  We had a good time.  It was like old times when we'd shop.  We had a nice lunch at Panera and finished off the day with a visit to Michaels.  They had the Martha Stewart jewelry components on sale for 70% off.  I got some pretty charms, a couple of lockets and other things.  I got 90% of my shopping done and will be mailing off a check to my NY daughter this week.

So happy to hear  you enjoyed your weekend and got so much done. Sounds like great timing to go to Michael's for the sales.  That's great that the pressure of Christmas is off for you and you can relax and enjoy the holiday now. 

Linny t:
Sounds like you made a lot of progress.  I did end up staying awake until around 1 AM working on it.  It's nice to sew when it's quiet.

It's hard to put them down once you get to working on them. Last night I had to force myself to go to bed. LOL. It's been a lot of fun. And so nice to see a finished project.

Hope you enjoyed your evening....  

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

My goody package from JoAnns is to be delivered tomorrow.  I will be happy to start something!  I can't wait to see pictures of all of your ornaments. One year I made little Christmas pins out of scraps of fabric and gave them to friends. I thought they were real cute, I don't know what the others thought of them.  

I am still not walking like I should be; my legs just don't feel good yet.  I know I should force myself.....maye today.  My incisions are really healing nice!  The NP said I could put Bactracin on them to soften them and It has helped. I have been doing a lot around the house and got all my clothes on this morning by myself.  One of the Physical Therapists said to me, "you just want to go home and lay in bed and let your husband wait on you".  I didn't like that comment, she doesn't know me. I like to do things for myself.  The only time I have ever asked George to do something that I could do was when I wanted him to feel important. He had the idea that he couldn't do a lot of things and I wanted him to know he could.  (He is not very mechanical: I laugh inside when I see him try to do things.)  But I love him for the way he does other things and him as a person.       Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,462
Points 137,933
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 10:04 AM

Had to share the news....

My son is officially engaged to the best girl I've ever known!!!! Looking forward to having a daughter....Yay!!!! I'm so happy for them.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 10:54 AM

Stephanie:
My son is officially engaged to the best girl I've ever known!!!

Wonderful news Steph!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 11:50 AM

Stephanie:

My son is officially engaged to the best girl I've ever known!!!! Looking forward to having a daughter....Yay!!!! I'm so happy for them.

He finally gave her the ring!  Congratulations, Stephanie.  How exciting to plan a wedding!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 12:38 PM

Stephanie:

Yes, you got it.  And yes, the seams are whip stitched after that. I haven't really found a need to hide the whip stitches. With the bulk of the stabilizer and all the embellishment, you'd really have to be examining it to notice them. If you are serious about making one, I will send you a paper copy of the pattern. I don't think it would print properly from the pic.    

Stephanie,

I would love a paper copy of the pattern. No hurry as I will not be starting on it until Jan 2014. I do want to make several for Christmas gifts. Oh! Now I'm excited.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 12:41 PM

Stephanie:

Wonderful news Stephanie. Congratulations to everyone. Grands won't be far behind!  yay

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,462
Points 137,933

Lillie:
I would love a paper copy of the pattern. No hurry as I will not be starting on it until Jan 2014. I do want to make several for Christmas gifts. Oh! Now I'm excited.  lol

I'll send a couple copies out to you Lillie. Starting in January is a good plan if you're going to make several ornaments. It's been a lot of fun doing these. I want to try some other shapes too.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,462
Points 137,933

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. I'm so excited for them, and yes the possibility of grand kids before I'm too old to do the fun stuff like take them to Disney, or the zoo.

Jo, I think we were typing at the same time and I missed your post.

Norma Doll:
My goody package from JoAnns is to be delivered tomorrow.  I will be happy to start something!  I can't wait to see pictures of all of your ornaments. One year I made little Christmas pins out of scraps of fabric and gave them to friends. I thought they were real cute, I don't know what the others thought of them.  

Sounds like you are getting excited to get back to sewing. Your Christmas pins sound really cute. I used to love festive things like that when I worked for the grocery.

I hope you regain that strength in your legs, and it's good to hear your incision is healing well. I think sometimes therapists make little comments like that to drive us to try harder, don't you? I can't think of anything that makes me more determined than a comment like that.  Just out of curiosity, do you still ache as badly as you did before you had the surgery?  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,973
Points 63,960
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:57 PM

Stephanie,

Congrats! I wish them much joy and happiness. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:43 PM

Hi Jo---I am also waiting for a goody bag from Evening Star Designs.  All kind of trims and other stuff.  I'll take a pic.  What a happy feeling!  Enjoy!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Stephanie:
 Just out of curiosity, do you still ache as badly as you did before you had the surgery?  

I haven't had a pain in my arm since the surgery.  The pain I had before, that I got a Cortizone shot for, must have been my heart, because it doesn't even hurt. I am tapering off the predisone also. It makes your sugar go up and I don't want to take it if I don't need it. Surgery makes my sugar go up and they had me on Metformin and Insulin in the hospital. When I had blood work done last Wed., I thought my A1C would be really up; but they called and said it was better than ever.  I haven't been on any medicine for diabetes and hope not to be.  I have been testing it and keeping a record of it. It is hard to eat the right things. My back does hurt if I stand and do a few dishes; we don't have a dishwasher.  It will probably always be that way.

Congratulations on your son getting engaged!      Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 7:31 AM

Norma Doll:

I haven't had a pain in my arm since the surgery.  The pain I had before, that I got a Cortizone shot for, must have been my heart, because it doesn't even hurt. I am tapering off the predisone also. It makes your sugar go up and I don't want to take it if I don't need it. Surgery makes my sugar go up and they had me on Metformin and Insulin in the hospital. When I had blood work done last Wed., I thought my A1C would be really up; but they called and said it was better than ever.  I haven't been on any medicine for diabetes and hope not to be.  I have been testing it and keeping a record of it. It is hard to eat the right things. My back does hurt if I stand and do a few dishes; we don't have a dishwasher.  It will probably always be that way.

Jo-this is wonderful news. I'm so glad to hear that your are mostly pain free. Praise the Lord

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 11:12 AM

Jo, what a wonderful side effect from heart surgery - less pain.  Happy for you.  Doctors don't always know, do they?

Linny T

Page 30 of 190 (2838 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use