My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,077 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 6:58 PM

It's okay, Diane.  We knew what you meant :) 

I've been trying to get on this site for hours.  Finally right when I was ready to give up I get on.

Nate had his Chuck E Cheese birthday party and it was a famous success.  There were about 10 5 - 6 year old boys.  What a whirlwind they were.  It was fun to watch Nate having so much fun with his little buds.  One girl came and it seems she has a little crush on Mr. Nate.  How could she help herself with those big blue eyes and long lashes, blonde hair.  He's quite handsome.  He, of course mostly ignored her, lol.  She followed him everywhere.

The whole thing completely wore me out.  

Hope everyone had a creative day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:39 AM

Linny t:
I've been trying to get on this site for hours.

I had the same issues. I did give up. LOL

Linny t:
Nate had his Chuck E Cheese birthday party and it was a famous success.

That's so great. He'll remember that fun for a long time. Too cute about the little girl having a crush and following him everywhere. He sounds like an adorable little fellow. Is t-ball still going on? I think my little nephew finished up football.

I can only imagine how much it must have worn you out trying to keep track of all the little ones.

No creative day here. Not for a lack of trying though. I pulled out fabrics, blocks, baubles, threads and couldn't wrap my brain around anything. My muse is hiding.   Hope I didn't starve her.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 7:35 AM

Sounds like Nate's birthday part was a wonderful event for everyone.

Today hubby is going to dig out the Christmas lights from the basement storage area so I can check them out and see if we need any new ones. He's not so happy about it. lol  I want to get them up outside before the weather turns really bad. I won't plug them in until after Thanksgiving.

Happy Sunday everyone

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:48 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope your Sunday is a sunny one.

Things are going at the regular pace around here.   Yesterday I did get some sewing done but most of the day was spent in Tallahassee running various errands.  We had to pick up stuff for school.  I need thread which gave me an excuse to go to Joann's.  I pick up some prints to finish out my sister in loves table runners.  I'm trying to do reversible table runners with a side for each month.  I was suppose to do them one a month but I failed at that so now the push is on.   I've got the fabric for the quilt in.  It matches perfectly.  Went with the red so I can jump on that.  Mom's wall hanging is all edge stitched so I just need to quilt it.   By the way the battening wasn't a bit of trouble in the world.   So as soon as the threads are tie then I can quilt it.    Today I'm going to scrub the front porch with the plan to paint it tomorrow.  The weather is sunny, dry and warm so it should be good.  Just keeping everyone including the cats off of it will be a challenge. 

Linny,  Nate's party sounds like a lot of fun.  I hope you all got some great video. 

Stephanie,  I doubt she starved to death.  Probably just playing hid and seek.   Hang in there with your son, I'm sure he'll get around to do it.  I'm waiting on one to pop the question to my daughter but no sign yet.    According to Laurie they are talking spring wedding 2015 but no ring yet.

Jo,  So sorry to hear about your heart problems.  Praying all your test will come back positive.

Diane,  Great picture.  You were a vision I bet.   First loves are always special.  Although Donn and I are first loves, we broke up for about a year and I was devastated.

Tonight we're suppose to go to the Dollar Tree and finish filling our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  The girls are doing one for a girl and Donn and I are filling one for a little boy.    I always chose a boy for things like this because Donn doesn't get to shop for boy stuff very much.   I sometimes wonder what life would've been like with a son in the mix of all of this.  

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 12:11 PM

Hi Everyone

I can't believe I wrote this all out then somehow deleted it!!!

Linny-  glad the party was so fun.  You can't miss with Chuckie Cheese.  I had my daughter's 8th birthday there.  It was a blast  for the kids.

Steph---I understand how you are waiting for the engagement.  I'm sure his girlfriend is waiting patiently as well.  Prince William had his mother's ring in his pocket for a while before he asked poor "Waity Katey" to marry him.  He waited for a trip to Africa.  Men!!

I finally gave the 5 dragons to the pet store to sell.  I won't make any money.  I tried, putting ads in 2 places, on facebook, and on my church website but was only able to give one away.  I kept the smallest one and of course my Travis.  I named the small on Charlie Brown with his blocky head like the males have.  My cleaning lady is going to ask her brother who is an animal lover if he wants him.  He is not as tame as my Travis but will make a nice pet.  I kept him to let him grow a little more.

I am working on the RR block.  I am making a gold spider web to accent the gold in the block and will make a bead spider.  

Robin--can't believe all the projects you do for your family!  Are the table runners for Christmas too?

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:31 PM

Lillie:
Today hubby is going to dig out the Christmas lights from the basement storage area so I can check them out and see if we need any new ones. He's not so happy about it. lol  I want to get them up outside before the weather turns really bad. I won't plug them in until after Thanksgiving.

I think it's a great idea to get them out and up early while the weather's decent. It'll give you plenty of time to enjoy them. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:37 PM

Robin,

Wowie! You are making a lot of gifts. WTG! That's so cool that you found the perfect red for your nieces quilt to be able to border it out just the way you want it. Have fun painting the porch. I'm looking forward to just a bit of cooler weather to be able to get out and wash my windows and do some stuff outside. 

Thanks too for sharing that the batting wasn't any trouble in using it without a backing.

Hope you enjoy your evening filling the shoe boxes for charity. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:46 PM

Diane:
He waited for a trip to Africa.  Men!!
They like to tag us along and keep that element of surprise. LOL.  His Dad's that way too.

Diane:
I finally gave the 5 dragons to the pet store to sell.  I won't make any money.  I tried, putting ads in 2 places, on facebook, and on my church website but was only able to give one away.

That's too bad that after all the expense you went to on the prefix that the pet store was going to buy them from you it all fell through. I hope they take good care of them and are able to find them good homes. It'll be a lot less stress on you not to have to keep track of so many. Charlie Brown is a cute name for the little fellow. And on the brightest side, you gained a lot of knowledge and have your sweet Travis

Diane:
I am working on the RR block.  I am making a gold spider web to accent the gold in the block and will make a bead spider.

Sounds lovely. Gold spider too?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 3:33 PM

I got out of the house for the first since last  Friday. Mike took me down to Whole Foods grocery so that I can get stocked back up on my diet food needs.  The last two days when I was finally able to eat I put all diet aside for comfort foods like pasta. So far, it looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Yay. Back to work tomorrow. Not really looking forward to that, but it is what it is. I'm just thankful to be getting to feeling better.

Hopefully it'll be a short day and I can stop by the LQS and pick up the kit I won. We have a new Hobby Lobby in town and I'm looking forward to being able to visit it one day as well. maybe seeing all the Christmas decor will spark my muse back. Hope so...

Linny,

Hope the party hasn't worn you out too much and you're relaxing and doing something fun.

Jo,

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hope your Catheritization goes well tomorrow .

Darlene,

Thinking of you as well...Hope you're doing ok. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:39 PM

Stephanie:

I got out of the house for the first since last  Friday. Mike took me down to Whole Foods grocery so that I can get stocked back up on my diet food needs.  The last two days when I was finally able to eat I put all diet aside for comfort foods like pasta. So far, it looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Yay. Back to work tomorrow. Not really looking forward to that, but it is what it is. I'm just thankful to be getting to feeling better.

Hopefully it'll be a short day and I can stop by the LQS and pick up the kit I won. We have a new Hobby Lobby in town and I'm looking forward to being able to visit it one day as well. maybe seeing all the Christmas decor will spark my muse back. Hope so...

I'm glad you got out and stocked up on your diet foods.  It's nice to hear you are starting to get back to your normal routine.  That was some bug you had!  I saw where Hobby Lobby has their Christmas stuff 50% off this week...That should help coax your muse out of hiding...I love Hobby Lobby.

I spent the whole day re-arranging in my garage and planting and cleaning my flower beds.  It looks really nice and I can hardly wait for the new plants to fill in.  It should be just about right by Thanksgiving.  That kind of yard work is so rewarding.  I hope I can move in the morning, lol.  I over did it just a tad.  It felt really good, though.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:42 PM

Lillie:
 That sounds like an excellent strategy, Lillie.  Your husband will look back and thank you for pushing him to do it.  I remember Christmas lights shining on the snow.  So pretty.  It's right around the corner, isn't it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:50 PM

Robin:
Things are going at the regular pace around here. 
 Just reading about your regular pace wears me out Robin.  I can't wait to see all the finished gifts.  I bet your family is looking forward to seeing the beautiful things you made for them.  I love it how you call your SIL your Sister in Love.  That's just sweet.  Are you working from a pattern for the place mats?   I'm glad you get tomorrow off so you can get your front porch painted without having to kill yourself doing it in just a regular weekend's time.  It'll look so nice for the holidays.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:55 PM

Diane:
I finally gave the 5 dragons to the pet store to sell.  I won't make any money.  I tried, putting ads in 2 places, on facebook, and on my church website but was only able to give one away.  I kept the smallest one and of course my Travis.  I named the small on Charlie Brown with his blocky head like the males have.  My cleaning lady is going to ask her brother who is an animal lover if he wants him.  He is not as tame as my Travis but will make a nice pet.  I kept him to let him grow a little more.
 Diane, I know you were looking forward to at least breaking even with the costs.  You put a lot into getting those little squirts to hatch and managing all those crickets.  Still, you have Travis, so that's got to have made it all worth while.  That's funny about Charley Brown with the block head.  I hope your cleaning lady's brother will take him in.

Diane:

I would love to see a pic of this.  It sounds beautiful.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 7:01 PM

Jo, how are you feeling?  I hope your tests don't find anything bad. When will you have the results?

Darlene, we miss you.  How's it going?  Hope you're doing well and selling tons of Christmas items.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:53 AM

Linny t:
It's nice to hear you are starting to get back to your normal routine.  That was some bug you had!

Thank you Linny. I'm thankful it was something treatable. Probably could have passed sooner if I hadn't waited so long to see the doctor. Hindsight. :0)

Linny t:
 I saw where Hobby Lobby has their Christmas stuff 50% off this week...That should help coax your muse out of hiding...I love Hobby Lobby.

That should definitely help. Mike was going to bring our decorations in yesterday but somehow got sidetracked by football. LOL

Linny t:
I spent the whole day re-arranging in my garage and planting and cleaning my flower beds.  It looks really nice and I can hardly wait for the new plants to fill in.  It should be just about right by Thanksgiving.  That kind of yard work is so rewarding.  I hope I can move in the morning, lol.  I over did it just a tad.  It felt really good, though.

What a great productive day you had! I'd love to see a pic of your plantings when you they are in their glory and all filled in and intermingling. Hope you're not to sore to move this morning...  

Page 15 of 206 (3078 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use