My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,809 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Linny t:
How exciting!  When do they get back?  Why else would he take her on a cruise, right?  

They got back today. He didn't do it!!!! I'm gonna have to have a chat with him! I'm wondering now if he's thinking of holding off until Christmas? I'm gonna have to be a meddling mother. LOL .  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Linny t:
I sure hope you're feeling much better.

Thank you. Everything's gonna be all right. Day three is almost over and I've been eyeing a pasta salad in the fridge that may have breakfast written all over it. LOL

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:42 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
How exciting!  When do they get back?  Why else would he take her on a cruise, right?  

They got back today. He didn't do it!!!! I'm gonna have to have a chat with him! I'm wondering now if he's thinking of holding off until Christmas? I'm gonna have to be a meddling mother. LOL .  

It's always good to be a meddling mother. Trust me, it never ends.  lol

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Hi Ladies,  I have been reading all the posts and I second all of your comments; I just don't feel like typing replies to all of them.

I just want to tell you what has happened here.     I have been having pains in my chest and right arm for a while especially when I lay down at night to go to sleep and it sometimes wakes me up at night.  I would take a couple of 500 mg Tylenol and usually that would take care of it or I would go sleep in the recliner. Sunday night it started again when I laid down worse than it ever had, so I went to the living room and asked George for one of his Nitro pills to put under my tongue. It made the pain stop. I was really scared. He wanted to take me to the emergency room (39 miles), but he doesn't see well to drive after night, so I said no we will go in the morning.  We went down Mon. morning and they took blood, EKG and all the other stuff they do. They said my enzymes were elevated a little so they wanted to keep me overnight for observation. I came home Tues. afternoon and had a message from my NP to call them.  They had set up an appointment with the heart doctor. We went there yesterday and long story short (lol),  he is going to do a heart cath on Mon.  It wouldn't surprise me if I had a blockage or more; I haven't eaten the way they say you should throughout my life.  I am glad I am having that done so I can find out what is causing it.   This is funny.........Sammy lays on my chest some at night and I thought maybe his weight was causing the pain, but like George said, he wouldn't make the enzymes be elevated, plus he has done that for years.

I don't like to tell people when something is wrong with me; I always felt like my mother was a hypochrondriac.  The NP said I was "stoic"  when I talked about what was wrong with me. When I hear someone else complaining about their pain, etc, I think to myself " I wish I could complain like that".  I know you all are probably thinking "she's doing a pretty good job now."  but this is different than talking in person.     I will let you know what they find out; I will be home the same day.    Hugs, Jo 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Jo,

So sorry to hear you have to go in for a heart cath. I had one about 12 years ago and I want to tell you not to worry about the procedure itself. I don't remember experiencing any pain from it, and it was fascinating to see the picture of it on the computer image. All the veins branching out put me in mind of a tree.

Hope they are able to pinpoint the problems for you, and I'm glad you went in.

I'm also happy that you told us. We need to share with others sometimes. I'll put you in my prayers....

Hugs to you,

Steph 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Lillie:
It's always good to be a meddling mother. Trust me, it never ends.  lol

LOL. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Just got the heads up that Evening Star Designs is going out of business. Looks like discounts on pretty much everything. Here's the link: www.eveningstardesigns.net 

That's a bummer. I really liked this site.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,155
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:21 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

Oh, Man!  What's he waiting for?  I would definitely meddle, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,155
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:30 AM

Norma Doll:

Hi Ladies,  I have been reading all the posts and I second all of your comments; I just don't feel like typing replies to all of them.

I just want to tell you what has happened here.     I have been having pains in my chest and right arm for a while especially when I lay down at night to go to sleep and it sometimes wakes me up at night.  I would take a couple of 500 mg Tylenol and usually that would take care of it or I would go sleep in the recliner. Sunday night it started again when I laid down worse than it ever had, so I went to the living room and asked George for one of his Nitro pills to put under my tongue. It made the pain stop. I was really scared. He wanted to take me to the emergency room (39 miles), but he doesn't see well to drive after night, so I said no we will go in the morning.  We went down Mon. morning and they took blood, EKG and all the other stuff they do. They said my enzymes were elevated a little so they wanted to keep me overnight for observation. I came home Tues. afternoon and had a message from my NP to call them.  They had set up an appointment with the heart doctor. We went there yesterday and long story short (lol),  he is going to do a heart cath on Mon.  It wouldn't surprise me if I had a blockage or more; I haven't eaten the way they say you should throughout my life.  I am glad I am having that done so I can find out what is causing it.   This is funny.........Sammy lays on my chest some at night and I thought maybe his weight was causing the pain, but like George said, he wouldn't make the enzymes be elevated, plus he has done that for years.

I don't like to tell people when something is wrong with me; I always felt like my mother was a hypochrondriac.  The NP said I was "stoic"  when I talked about what was wrong with me. When I hear someone else complaining about their pain, etc, I think to myself " I wish I could complain like that".  I know you all are probably thinking "she's doing a pretty good job now."  but this is different than talking in person.     I will let you know what they find out; I will be home the same day.    Hugs, Jo 

Well, my goodness, Jo.  You must be scared.  I'll be praying for you.  It's good that you finally went to the Dr.  If you had waited you might have had a heart attack.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:31 AM

Lillie--so sorry you are going through this.  I am glad that you finally went to the ER and ended up seeing a cardiologist.  I would have gone sooner from fear of a heart attack especially when the nitro worked for you.  Don't be stoic about these things!!!  Anyway, good to see you are going to have it looked at with a cardiac cath.  Best of luck with that.  My brother had a stint put in and he is fine now.  Amazing what they can do.

Thanks for the compliments about my homecoming pic.  The mums were huge weren't they.  I went with my boyfriend for 3 years and wanted to marry him but we were too young.  He was my first love. Sigh...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,155
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:40 AM

Stephanie:

Just got the heads up that Evening Star Designs is going out of business. Looks like discounts on pretty much everything. Here's the link: www.eveningstardesigns.net 

That's a bummer. I really liked this site.

Me, too.  It was one-stop shopping for CQr's.  You wondered about them closing a couple of weeks ago.  Looks like you were right.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Linny t:
What's he waiting for?

I have a theory that he may be waiting for Christmas. It's just right around the corner....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,264
Points 134,998

Diane:
I went with my boyfriend for 3 years and wanted to marry him but we were too young.  He was my first love. Sigh...

First loves are special. Butterflies, and all the emotions we've known, and then some come about with that first love.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,155
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 7:52 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
What's he waiting for?

I have a theory that he may be waiting for Christmas. It's just right around the corner....

That would be precious.  These things can't be rushed, can they?  He'll do it in his own special time.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 8:34 PM

Diane:
Lillie--so sorry you are going through this.  I am glad that you finally went to the ER and ended up seeing a cardiologist.  I would have gone sooner from fear of a heart attack especially when the nitro worked for you.  Don't be stoic about these things!!!  Anyway, good to see you are going to have it looked at with a cardiac cath.  Best of luck with that.  My brother had a stint put in and he is fine now.  Amazing what they can do.

I am so sorry---I meant this for Jo and I typed Lillie!  Senior moment.

Page 14 of 121 (1810 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use