This post has 3,838 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:27 PM

Stephanie:

Diane:
As I said, mine was the homecoming dance where everyone got a huge white mum with orange and black ribbons which were our school's colors.  So nice to look back on good memories.

Did you ever find your pic?

So sorry to hear you have been sick Stephanie.  You must be losing weight too.  Are you testing your blood sugar?  That would be important.  What a way to lose weight!  That's what happened to me with the weight though.  Whatever works.  Take vitamins too---and elderberry or echinaesia.  Or both.  Can you eat some soup.  I love these hearty soups they have out now.

I'll look for the pic.  I think I know where it it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 4:31 AM

Good Morning One and All,

Linny,  What a great memory of for you to have about Barb and the mums and what a great memory to give Nate.   I bet he had questions!

Stephanie,  Sorry to hear that you have been so sick.   I hope you get feeling better soon.

Diane,  Sorry to hear that your dragons and moving so slow and that you are having to give them away.  And Yes I am very proud of my girls going on to set and achieve their goals.    I know I will miss them both when they are officially out of the nest for good, but I want them to have their own life and be happy which is very hard to do in a small town unless you are willing to work in certain career fields.   I don't want them to settle for one of those fields unless it becomes their passion.

Lillie,  Hope your knee is recovering from Karate class.   Take it easy Rome wasn't built in a day.

Darlene,  I hope your still out there.   Know that we are thinking about you and praying for you. 

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

Thank you for the well wishes and the advice. At this point I can only have broth and clear liquids. Surprisingly enough, so far, I'm really doing ok with it. Much better than I expected.The med causes a little burn in my stomach, but it goes right away with water consumption. And the broths are flavorful and salty, just how I like them. There's one au jus one that would make a wonderful base for french onion soup.  

I'm down 20 lbs now between this and the dieting. I'm sure once I start eating solid food that'll fluctuate some. It's kind of fun thinking about what I'll eat first. LOL. Chicken and rice sound really good right now. I think being on the low carb, low sugar diet before this happened has been a good thing. It helped prepare my system so I didn't just crash from not eating.

I hope you find your picture. We'd all love to see it.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Good morning Robin.

Robin:
I know I will miss them both when they are officially out of the nest for good, but I want them to have their own life and be happy which is very hard to do in a small town unless you are willing to work in certain career fields.   I don't want them to settle for one of those fields unless it becomes their passion.

You are such a great mom.  I hope both your girls will find their niche in life and find careers that do truly make them happy. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Hi Everyone......Can you see this?    I have written two posts in the last two days and it looks like it is on here right after I post it, but they are not here now. Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 7:45 AM

Stephanie:

Kind of, sort of, and no.   I wasn't going to even mention it.

Stephanie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are getting better and will soon be able to eat solid foods again.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 1:30 PM

Here is a pic of my homecoming dance--first one--my handsome boyfriend was center on the football team.  If you look down in the center you can see the silver lame.  I thought I had some color pics.  I was scrapbooking so it may be in a box which will be hard to get to.  The satin was a pretty pale pink---and at the time "tent" dresses were in.  Ah---great memories.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane,

What a beautiful picture of you. And such a hunk of a date.  Your dress is very elegant, and such a beautiful fluffy mum in your corsage. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Norma Doll:

Hi Everyone......Can you see this?    I have written two posts in the last two days and it looks like it is on here right after I post it, but they are not here now. Hugs, Jo

Hi Jo. I can see this. I went back as far as Sundays posts and don't see any from you. I wonder what happened? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are getting better and will soon be able to eat solid foods again.

Thank you Lillie. I've had to stop watching the Food Network for a few days. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:21 PM

Diane:

Here is a pic of my homecoming dance--first one--my handsome boyfriend was center on the football team.  If you look down in the center you can see the silver lame.  I thought I had some color pics.  I was scrapbooking so it may be in a box which will be hard to get to.  The satin was a pretty pale pink---and at the time "tent" dresses were in.  Ah---great memories.

Diane, you are so beautiful here.  Your fella's a hunk, too.  I remember tent dresses...oh, my, those were the days, weren't they?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:26 PM

Robin:
And Yes I am very proud of my girls going on to set and achieve their goals.    I know I will miss them both when they are officially out of the nest for good, but I want them to have their own life and be happy which is very hard to do in a small town unless you are willing to work in certain career fields.   I don't want them to settle for one of those fields unless it becomes their passion.
 Robin, you are such a good Mom!  Lots of parents want their kids to be what they want them to be.  You are encouraging them to find their dreams and live their passion.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:28 PM

Stephanie:

Norma Doll:

Hi Jo. I can see this. I went back as far as Sundays posts and don't see any from you. I wonder what happened? 

I can see this too, but like Stephanie, nothing going back.  That's strange.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:30 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Isn't it something?  Only in this generation, right?  I loved that day.  I remember when I finally got to hold him.  He just kept looking up at me with this curious look on his face.  He kept us all up all night.  After Ricky & I went home and slept until mid afternoon.

Reading this is just awesome. I love babies.

My son Paul and his girl are on a cruise right now, and I'm so hoping he pops the question and gives her the ring he's been lording over for a month. I want grand babies.....  and I want to be able to share some of those sweet stories like you have with Nate. They're the best.

How exciting!  When do they get back?  Why else would he take her on a cruise, right?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 5:32 PM

Stephanie, that's a heck of a way to loose weight, my dear.  I sure hope you're feeling much better.  I bet you're right about the timing of the diet being a blessing to help you deal with this fasting.  

Linny T

Page 13 of 256 (3839 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use