My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,733 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

I went to my LQS on Halloween. They were all dressed up in costume and there was a drawing for three prizes. I WON one!!!!

Here's a link to a pic of the one I won...  http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=870&page_id=23&Item_ID=2183

Cute as a button.

I forgot to mention that if anyone needs floss, Herschnnerrs is having a sale on DMC, 3 for a dollar.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:37 PM

Diane, I'm so excited you've been able to place a dragon. Is Travis still loving and gentle? 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:39 PM

Stephanie:

I went to my LQS on Halloween. They were all dressed up in costume and there was a drawing for three prizes. I WON one!!!!

Here's a link to a pic of the one I won...  http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=870&page_id=23&Item_ID=2183

Cute as a button.

I forgot to mention that if anyone needs floss, Herschnnerrs is having a sale on DMC, 3 for a dollar.

That is fantastic Stephanie! Did you win the finished quilt or the kit? How exciting!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Lillie:
Did you win the finished quilt or the kit?

The kit. It'll be fun to put together for next year. Maybe add some crystals....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,306
Points 113,500
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 7:59 PM

Congrats on finding a home for another dragon, Diane.  How's Travis doing?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,306
Points 113,500
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:00 PM

Lillie:

Today, I am working on the Allie Aller freezer paper method. So far so good. lol

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Sounds like fun, Lillie.  Post a pic if you can.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,306
Points 113,500
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:07 PM

Stephanie:

Cute as a button.

You won!  It's a really cute quilt.  It'll be fun for you to make it for next year.  How cool!  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Thanks Linny. 

I rarely "win" anything, so it was fun to get the call. They're closed today and Monday I believe. So I'll have to pick it up Tuesday and try not to do more shopping. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 5:30 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
Did you win the finished quilt or the kit?

The kit. It'll be fun to put together for next year. Maybe add some crystals....

What a fun project! I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,306
Points 113,500
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 8:19 AM

Stephanie:

Thanks Linny. 

I rarely "win" anything, so it was fun to get the call. They're closed today and Monday I believe. So I'll have to pick it up Tuesday and try not to do more shopping. LOL

Good luck with that, lol.

Today I'm going to a plant nursery with Barb.  She's been there and says they have potted mums for $2.50 ea.  I hope they still have them.  I have dreams of coming home with an arm full of them.

Happy Sunday everyone! 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:09 AM

Here are my 4 Allie Aller blocks. I'm going to put a border around them when I have finished embellishing the blocks. I like the way it turned out. The 2 blocks with the fans were the freezer paper method. The curved seams block (lower right) was paper piecing. And the straight seams block (upper left) is just basic. 

In Allie's class she says that the freezer paper method is her favorite. But there is all that top stitching that has to be done on all the seams to secure the pieces to the backing. I used invisible thread w/small zig zag. Once I get all the seam treatments on, you won't see anything. Not sure if that is my favorite method, but it was really easy to put together. And there is no real messing around to get the curves sewn into the block.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,099
Points 66,925
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Christmas time is coming

Christmas time is coming

And my machine is humming

At least it better be.  I've got two projects I know I have to finish and some more I would like to.

So yesterday I worked on my niece's quilt yesterday.  The original layout had all the blue green squares laying around the red one with the yellow at the corners .  I didin't like the arrangement because the blue green was to dominating.  I think I like this arrangement.  

I had originally planned on the teal for the inside border but Donn kinda thinks I need to go with the red.  So now I have to see if I can find some more red online.  The only problem is I don't have the complete name.  I've got the brand and collection but not the color information.   So I'm going to have to order something and keep my fingers crossed.

My second project is for my mom.  It's a wall hanging.   I need some guidance on this one.   The directions have you iron down the pieces with a fusible web and then quilt and applique at the same time.    I'm not sure what this means  Do I stitch on the pieces or around the pieces?  From the picture with the kit it looks like you stitch around but from the directions I would think on.  Do I use a straight stitch?

And I'm suppose to quilt it without a back.  Won't the battening catch on the feed dogs. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,099
Points 66,925
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:17 AM

Lillie:

Here are my 4 Allie Aller blocks. I'm going to put a border around them when I have finished embellishing the blocks. I like the way it turned out. The 2 blocks with the fans were the freezer paper method. The curved seams block (lower right) was paper piecing. And the straight seams block (upper left) is just basic. 

In Allie's class she says that the freezer paper method is her favorite. But there is all that top stitching that has to be done on all the seams to secure the pieces to the backing. I used invisible thread w/small zig zag. Once I get all the seam treatments on, you won't see anything. Not sure if that is my favorite method, but it was really easy to put together. And there is no real messing around to get the curves sewn into the block.

Lillie,

I love this block with the curves and fabrics.   Great job.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Linny t:

Today I'm going to a plant nursery with Barb.  She's been there and says they have potted mums for $2.50 ea.  I hope they still have them.  I have dreams of coming home with an arm full of them.

Happy Sunday everyone! 

Did they still have them? Happy Sunday to you too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Lillie:

Lillie,

These are gorgeous. I love how you balanced the two fan blocks, and those fabrics are stunning.  

Page 10 of 249 (3734 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use