rated by 0 users
This post has 2,907 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 12:50 PM

Linny t:
 I've always had cats and sometimes we'd have kittens.  It was always so much fun when they first started doing things, scampering around and playing.  Then came the day we had to find homes for them.  It was so stressful for us.  I always got attached.  

It's so hard not to get attached, and we worry too about someone loving them as much as we do.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:41 PM

Robin:

You may not believe this, but I love it when mac and cheese is really browned on top. I love that browned cheese flavor. That's great news that you almost broke even. Especially with this only being your second dinner.

Sweater weather, love it!  

I love it when mac & cheese is browned on top and a little crunchy too!!!  I would not considered the mac & cheese a flop at all.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:43 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 I've always had cats and sometimes we'd have kittens.  It was always so much fun when they first started doing things, scampering around and playing.  Then came the day we had to find homes for them.  It was so stressful for us.  I always got attached.  

It's so hard not to get attached, and we worry too about someone loving them as much as we do.

We tried to raise German Shepherds when I was 25. We only had one litter because I did want to sell any of them. It was just sad to see them go away.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,330
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 3:04 PM

I just had to share this with you guys.  Just plain fun.  http://www.halloweenstudiotour.com/groupings.htm

Click to enter and then click on a pumpkin and you go to the site.  I'm at work, so can't chat much...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,215
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 7:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your Saturday is bright and a little chilly.  Enough that you know it's fall.

Thanks for all the support words about the mac and cheese.   I think I've finally got it through my thick head.   I just really want to make sure that people always feel like they get their money's worth when they eat with us because we do charge a little more than the cafeteria and probably not as much as we should.   In fact I know that next year we will have to increase the price a little to break even which is what I'm really striving for. 

Linny, the little Halloween Tour was interesting.  I can't get over how small some of the felt animals are. 

Today is going to be sew, sew, sew.  I've got to put it some quality time on my niece's quilt if I'm going to get it done in time for Christmas.   I also have a wool wall hanging to quilt for my mom.  But I need to take a picture of it and get some advice from all of you.  And of course I have to make a pot of chili sometime this weekend.

Hope that you all have a great Saturday.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 9,115

I like the browned cheese also and on scalloped potatoes. My aunt said that when I was little I would ask her to "burn some potatoes" because I loved her scalloped potatoes with cheese in them.

I went to get my hair colored on Thurs. and I had decided I wanted it brown instead of the blonde; when she dried it and I looked in the mirror, it was still blonde.  I told her that it was not brown like I wanted and she said "all I can do is put more color on it".  I said  go ahead. I told her I was really sorry but it was not what I wanted.  I was almost ready to cry because I hated to have her do it over, but I wasn't happy with it.  I hope she isn't mad at me because I really like her and she is also the one that does my gel polish.

I have to hem a pair of slacks for one of the church ladies and then work on the baby quilt today.   

Hope you all have a Satisfying Saturday!      Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,330
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 12:31 PM

Robin:
Linny, the little Halloween Tour was interesting.  I can't get over how small some of the felt animals are. 
 I liked clicking on the animated pumpkins and seeing something new each time.  If you click on the bats you see that there is a disease that's killing bats and some of the event is to draw awareness to that cause.  Those were tiny felt animals, weren't they?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,215
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 5:46 AM

Good Morning,

Not a lot of progress on the quilt yesterday due the fact I got a surprise invitation from Keeley to go to Valdosta with her.  Figured I better take all I could get since she was moving out soon.   Then there was the FSU game which I did sew through but it hard to watch the game in one room and sew in another.   So I finally stopped sewing and got up to watch the game and grade papers.

Linny, the little felt animals were under one of the pumpkins with the cat in the pumpkin.

Jo,  So sorry about your hair.  It is quite distressing to not be able to communicate with someone what you want done and be totally at their mercy.  My hairdresser is the same one I've had since I was 16.   She is also a good friend and former employer.    But she really doesn't understand that I don't want my hair pouffy.  I want it short like Jamie Lee Curtis.    I have yet to get the extact cut I want.  I get close but not quite each month.    I don't want to offend her, so I let her cut then come home and wash the pouf out.  Comb like I want it and go on with life.    When I decided to let it go gray at 47 she about flipped.   But I was tired of coloring it and it's got enough white to make it showy.  So I there you go.      I hope that your next appointment is normal.

Have a good one!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,330
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 7:27 AM

Good morning everyone.  I hope you have a Stellar Sunday.

Jo, too bad about the hair color, but if you're paying you should get what you want.  If she's a friend she's not upset about that.  You shouldn't feel bad about it.

Robin, I wish I could wear my hair like Jamie Lee Curtis.  Mine's curly and poofy by nature.  I don't let them style it.  I only let them cut it.  I bring my own hair products and apply them when I get in my truck.  When I let them do the styling I always end up looking like Shirley Temple, lol.  I just use spray gel and it makes it lay down.  I stopped coloring my hair, too.  When you get enough gray you end up looking like a calico cat when it's dyed.

Did you make your chili yet?  I went to Wendy's and got some of their chili and doctored it up.  Much better than making a full pot of it.  Nate doesn't like it and Audra won't help me eat it enough to justify making a whole big pot.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 12:14 PM

Lillie---just saw the beautiful baby quilt---looking back on posts.  It's so sweet and I love the rattles.  I love the seed beads and It was a great idea to get others to sign the back.

Lillie:

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 12:44 PM

Diane:

Lillie---just saw the beautiful baby quilt---looking back on posts.  It's so sweet and I love the rattles.  I love the seed beads and It was a great idea to get others to sign the back.

Thank you Diane. I'm glad it's been delivered to the baby.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,215
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 5:18 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Homecoming Week at School along with Halloween.   So it should be a crazy week!  So what's new!?!

The kids will have some fun and we'll work through it.  

I got several more squares done for my niece's quilt this weekend.   I know that I've been promising pictures but I thought I would get some of the squares in each color done and show you them so you could get the idea.  But half squares are time consuming.  

Diane, so glad you posted about Lillie's quilt.  I missed the seed beads. 

Linny,   I did get the chili made yesterday.   The family was happy.  I wanted a little more spice in it.   But the children were happy so I'm happy.

Have a good day everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,330
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 4:05 PM

This Etsy site has lots of pretty charms...Beyond Beadz.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,215
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 5:53 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Seems like yesterday was either really busy or very quite.  

Today is college day at school for Homecoming.   I of course will be donning an FSU shirt for the occasion.  Although all my students will probably think of is the football team. 

Linny or anyone,   Somewhere back in time someone mention a website that they used for tracing pencils or transfer pencil.  It was something like a general store but I can't find the name.  Help.

I hope you alll have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:20 AM

Linny t:

This Etsy site has lots of pretty charms...Beyond Beadz.

Those were nice. Thanks for the link, Linny.

northern colorado

Page 6 of 194 (2908 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use