rated by 0 users
This post has 3,414 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:40 AM

Stephanie:
Sounds like an awesome package. Do you think she's closing her business with this lastest sale?
 I don't know.  Maybe she's just getting ready for her year end accounting or something.  Remember when she closed out her cottons?  I got so much fabric then I'll never run out...notice I didn't say I'd never buy more...just never run out.  Having enough fabric isn't my only motivation for buying it, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 12:57 PM

Linny t:
Remember when she closed out her cottons?  I got so much fabric then I'll never run out...notice I didn't say I'd never buy more...just never run out.  Having enough fabric isn't my only motivation for buying it, lol.

LOL. I hear ya on that!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 1:02 PM

Norma Doll:
I know what all of you mean about shopping, I had a spell like that and was ordering something like every day, but I think I am over it for a while. It is so easy just to sit here and order on line.

It is sooo easy. The waiting for it is the hardest part. But I really love getting things in the mail.

Norma Doll:
I see so many things I would like to do; but just seems like not enough time. I just realized how dumb that sounds when I am retired and Stephanie and Robin work and still do so much.  I would have more time, but I feel like I need to sit down with George and watch TV in the evening instead of being off in another room sewing.

You accomplish a lot more than I ever will. So many wonderful things for your church family and your own. I totally understand about watching tv with George in the eve's. These times are precious....   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 1:03 PM

Thanks for the link Lillie. They have some really nice fabrics on sale, and I have to say I have always been happy with what I've ordered from them.

Thanks for the vote of confidence too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 1:07 PM

Diane:

Sounds like you guys in the ornament swap are on your way.  I wish I could have signed up.  I am still feeling over whelmed here with trying to place my little babies.  

A family from church came and got one baby last night.  Now I have 6 to give.  They were 3 young girls and already have a full grown dragon so I know he will be fine.

Its 45 degrees here today!!!

Have a great day everyone

We'll do another swap next year. I would imagine it is overwhelming for you to place the babies. Sounds like a good home for the first one.

Brrr, sweatshirt weather. I was almost chilled this morning at 70 degrees. Thought that was a hoot.

Hope you have a great day too!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:40 PM

Hi everyone

I am having trouble reading the posts.  Yahoo puts them all together now and it gets confusing.  It's hard to look back on all the posts here because it takes me to different posts.  Frustrating.

Did you guys see the silks and under the sea block and fat quarters?  I only got one comment from Lillie.

Also, Stephanie, I saw from a post that you had a good doctor's visit.  That's good that you lost more weight.  It means a lot in terms of your diabetes.  You will be more stable with the blood sugars.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 7:28 PM

Diane, I posted about your silks.  I said they were like a fresh box of crayons.  I posted about your under the sea block that it was beautiful and asked if you had enough to make a wall hanging yet.

Congrats on giving your dragons away to church people.  Seems like the first one is going to a great home.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:30 PM

Thank you Linny.  I have one block that needs some work, then I can put them together.  I will put the one we did here for the center as it's the most beautiful.

I posted on facebook about the dragons.  I got one question so I'm hoping they will call.  One is promised to a really nice guy who lives in the building--supervisor of maintenance.  He's going to come get it when he gets the setup. I had not idea I would have to work so hard to find homes for them! lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:42 AM

Diane, I would guess that finding homes for your dragons is kind of like kittens.  I've always had cats and sometimes we'd have kittens.  It was always so much fun when they first started doing things, scampering around and playing.  Then came the day we had to find homes for them.  It was so stressful for us.  I always got attached.  

I'm looking forward to seeing your Under the Sea wall hanging.  I bet it's going to be pretty.  Got any plans for your new FQs from JoAnn's?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:50 AM

Last night I went to Nate's T-Ball game.  Those little guys are so darned cute.  Their helmets are bigger than they are, some of them.  Nate's the tallest of them all.  He did a great job playing  first base and on the pitcher's mound.  Too cute.  After the game Audra realized she'd locked her keys in the car, so we finally used the AAA.  Invaluable..  We were on our way in 30 minutes.  It payed for itself with one use.  The thing expires on 11/1, so I'll be renewing that.  After we had supper together at Wendy's, if you can call that supper.  All in all it was a great night.  Best part was that it was cool for a change.  I even had to wear my jacket for the first time this year.  Just last week it was still summer, lol.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.  I'm off to get ready for work and I'm thankful it's Friday because this has been a really stressful week at work.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:03 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Well up and at it.   Dressed and ready for the final day of work, for this week.

I'm sorry to say that the meal was not as big a hit this time as last time.  I didn't see to the mac n' cheese as good as I should have so it was dry on top.  I've been kicking myself all night.  But I've got to work on rolling with the punches about things like this.  Everyone said it was delicious but I think some of them were a little disappointed.  But on the bright side we almost broke even so I'm excited about that.

The weather is cooler this morning.  I'm finally getting to wear the new sweater I bought a month ago. 

Have a good day!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 11:23 AM

Sorry you were disappointed with your Mac & Cheese.  Like you say, roll with it.  Stuff happens sometimes that is out of our control.  There's always next time and almost breaking even says that it was good food, you just didn't charge enough, right?  How cool you get to wear your new sweater today.  Happy Friday!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 12:42 PM

Diane:

Did you guys see the silks and under the sea block and fat quarters?  I only got one comment from Lillie.

I posted too. I'm looking forward as well to seeing the wall hanging all together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 12:45 PM

Linny t:
Last night I went to Nate's T-Ball game.  Those little guys are so darned cute.  Their helmets are bigger than they are, some of them.  Nate's the tallest of them all.  He did a great job playing  first base and on the pitcher's mound.  Too cute.

Sounds like so much fun. Takes me back.. You lucked out in having the AAA be still in date. Happy to hear you had such a great time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 12:48 PM

Robin:

I'm sorry to say that the meal was not as big a hit this time as last time.  I didn't see to the mac n' cheese as good as I should have so it was dry on top.  I've been kicking myself all night.  But I've got to work on rolling with the punches about things like this.  Everyone said it was delicious but I think some of them were a little disappointed.  But on the bright side we almost broke even so I'm excited about that.

You may not believe this, but I love it when mac and cheese is really browned on top. I love that browned cheese flavor. That's great news that you almost broke even. Especially with this only being your second dinner.

Sweater weather, love it!  

Page 5 of 228 (3415 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use