rated by 0 users
This post has 3,223 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:04 PM

Robin:

Yesterday was very hectic but productive.  We got a lot done for the meal but I lost two kids help for Thursday.    I just don't know sometimes what they are thinking.   One kid got into a pushing and shoving match with another kid knowing this was coming up and it was his turn to be the leader in the back of house.

God only knows at that age, what happens to have things like this happen. Hopefully you've been able to get past the shortage of help and have everything ok.

I'd say Yay, brrr about the weather. We still got up to high 80's today and miserable. I think we have lows for 63 predicted for the weekend.Chili sounds great. What day is your meal planned for?

Diane,

Your under sea block is real pretty. I couldn't get the normal enlargement clicking on the pic that I usually do to see the detail, but I love the focal fabric with the angel fish.

And ooooh weee. Nice fabrics from Ribbonsmyth! Don't you just love the silk shimmmer and colors? I just love getting squishy packages.

Lillie,

Your baby quilt is beautiful. I'm not sure if the colors came thru right, as there was a dark yellow gold on my screen, but I love it.  You did a wonderful job, and even though waiting for the family to follow thru with their part was and aggravation for you, it is such an awesome keepsake!

Love your new stash pretties too. I got a little carried away this week on swavoroski crystals. I saw a sale for 30 % off, and here I go. LOL. And now ESD is having another one..... Oh dear, somebody stop me. LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:07 PM

Lillie:

Here is the baby quilt. Finally finished, boxed, and ready to be shipped tomorrow. YAY!!!!!!!!!!  lol

Here is the front of the baby quilt. Colors look awful here, they are really beautiful in person. Creams, salmon, and soft aqua, and dusty rose.

Here is the quilt back. Had the entire family sign the fabric with crayon, markers, or colored pencils. Fabric went to Japan, California, Michigan, and then back to me in Colorado.  What a nightmare! I won't do that again. It was like herding cats.

And here is my latest purchase.  lol

This baby quilt is adorable.  Cute pattern and you did a great job on it.  What an effort to get it signed by everyone.  Love the individual artwork on the back, too.  Herding cats, lol.  And beads are so intriguing, aren't the?  Love them every one.  Nice filigrees, too.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:12 PM

Stephanie:
I got a little carried away this week on swavoroski crystals. I saw a sale for 30 % off, and here I go. LOL. And now ESD is having another one..... Oh dear, somebody stop me. LOL

I did the same thing and I'd ask for help stopping, but I already got a squishy from ESD with Christmas trims, charms and beads.  The charm packet has really nice charms in it.  Worth the money for sure.  The bead mixes are great, too.  Shapes and even some tiny star charms in there.  Now there's just the wait for the crystals.  Oh, my, I'm terrible at waiting.  That's the only downfall to ordering online.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:25 PM

Love seeing all the pic's and eye candy!

I've been a little in a shopping mode myself this week. LOL. Must be in the air. Outside of pretty crystals, I have treated myself to my favorite perfume, a new bedspread for the twin bed that Mike insists on keeping in my sewing room, and an undercounter light for in there as well. Actually, one of four lights I think I'll put under in there. But at a price tag of $25 to $50 a piece, one at a time will suit me just fine.

Went back today to my second Dr appt. I was only thinking it was to have blood drawn for a cholesterol test, but ended up weighing in and having a full consultation. We hadn't gone over the first tests. They had just called and said to start  the diet right away, and the pre diabetes thing. Turns out, the prediabetes thing was a 6.4 in the bloodwork. So high that he said many doctors start oral medication at that line. Eeek! Anyway, today he was more than thrilled that my BP had dropped from 168/ 118 to 118/70, that I had lost weight ,and that I reported such a difference in my energy, mood elevation etc. I told him Mike was going to give him an award just for me waking up happy and ready to go. LOL

Company is coming back for the weekend. We're going to go with them and do some tourist stuff along the beach. If the temps cool a bit it will be a blast. There are lots of shops to duck into otherwise. I'll be looking for tiny pretty shells and beachy charms for all of us for those Under Sea style blocks.... 

Have a happy evening.....      

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 313
Points 26,690
Darlene replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:45 PM

Evening friends.  Had a lengthy post which disappeared into cyber space.

Just as well.  I was feeling sorry for myself and had elaborated into TMI.  LOL!! 

It will suffice to say that things have been up and down since I posted last.  Mom's apartment is almost cleaned out and I have mixed emotions to the whole process.  I want to be done with it all but don't want to turn in the keys and end my last connection to her.  My brothers have been reluctant to help.  I am sure that it is hard for them as well, but I would have appreciated a little more help.,

We had to have our cat, Gracie, put down last week.  She had a fascination with netting and loved to chew on it.  We had caught her several times eating strips I had cut to make scrubbies.  We would have to pull it back out.  She must have gotten a piece completely down and we didn't know it.  We took her to the vet and they said they believed she had perforated her bowel.  The vet could see evidence that she had swallowed it.  It was wrapped around her tongue. 

We left the vet and went straight to the animal shelter.  We have adopted a new kitty.  His name is Stedman and he is a tuxedo cat.  All black with a white "ascot" marking under his chin and a short white strip on his belly.  He is 7 months old and was a stray before being at the shelter.  He is quite a scrapper, very feisty but also very loveable.  He enjoys being held and snuggles up on my pillow at night.  He had surgery today to be declawed.  Because of Tim's blood thinners, the claws had to go.  Stedman is just too quick on the draw and we couldn't take the chance. Lonely here tonight without him but he comes home tomorrow.  Hoping he isn't too upset with me.

Have signed up for PayPal credit card reader and loving it.  Had a show last weekend and had opportunity to use it.  The funds were in my PayPal account that day and I transferred to my checking account.  So much easier and better than the reader I was using.  Free reader and rate same as I was paying so win win. 

Getting ready for the last show of the season.  There are some things which I am sorely lacking in and need to get busy replacing.  One of them is the scrubbies.  I only have 6 left but after Gracie, I just don't have the heart to pick up the netting to make any.  So hard but I know that people will be looking for them at the last hurrah for the year.

So much to say to all of you but it is late and I need to call it a night.

Be well and keep creating.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,130
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 5:35 AM

Hi Everyone,

In a rush this morning so this has to be quick.

Linny,  My chili is just the plain usual chili minus the beans.  The beans are served on the side because I'm not very fond of them.  We do top ours with cheese and sour cream. 

Lillie,  Come on over Saturday.  I would love some corn bread and tortilla.   Your quilt is precious.

Diane,  Nice fines.  Love the encouragement to dive into a little retail threaphy. 

Stephiane,  What great news!  So glad to hear you making progress

Darlene,  Bless your heart.  I am sure losing gracie on top of what you were already dealing with was tough.   I love tuxedo kitties.  They have such a neat attitude about life.   We've had several. 

Got run!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:41 AM

Linny t:
I did the same thing and I'd ask for help stopping, but I already got a squishy from ESD with Christmas trims, charms and beads.  The charm packet has really nice charms in it.  Worth the money for sure.  The bead mixes are great, too.  Shapes and even some tiny star charms in there.  Now there's just the wait for the crystals.

Sounds like an awesome package. Do you think she's closing her business with this lastest sale?

Linny t:
Oh, my, I'm terrible at waiting.  That's the only downfall to ordering online.

Me too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:49 AM

Darlene :
It will suffice to say that things have been up and down since I posted last.  Mom's apartment is almost cleaned out and I have mixed emotions to the whole process.  I want to be done with it all but don't want to turn in the keys and end my last connection to her.  My brothers have been reluctant to help.  I am sure that it is hard for them as well, but I would have appreciated a little more help.,

This is so sad to read. I can't imagine how difficult it's been for you to have to do this, and without much help. My prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie too. They get into the darndest things. Just like small children, only sneakier. Stedman sounds like a pretty one, and full of life.

That's awesome about the paypal app and having the funds right away. I just downloaded a mobile banking app that let's you photograph your check and deposit it. They don't credit it all the way at the time which makes paypal a great option for you. Still the banking one is handy not to have to make that trip.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:50 AM

Robin:
What great news!  So glad to hear you making progress

Thank you Robin. Hope you have a great day!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 9,325

Darlene :
She had a fascination with netting and loved to chew on it

If I remember right, you weren't used to having a cat.  Nothing is safe around them.....Sammy likes to eat plastic (grocery bag type) so I TRY to keep all of it out of sight. You have to be really careful with sewing things, thread, needles and pins. I keep the door closed to my sewing room, even when I am in there sewing. If there is a little piece of anything on the floor cats want to examine it and sometime it sticks to their wet nose and they can't get it off before it is in their mouth and down it goes.  You know the old saying   "Curiosity killed the cat".  It is sooooo true, they get in to everything, even if it is not good for them.  We use doggy doo-doo bags to clean the litter box and one time I scooped everything in one of them and picked it up and it all fell through the bottom; Sammy had eaten the bottom out of it.  He goes outside now and never uses the kitty litter unless we go away and leave him in over night.   Good luck with Stedman. Take a picture so we can see him. Just a suggestion.....we buy Science Diet dry food from the vet and it is so much better for them, they eat less (because it doesn't have a lot of fillers) AND their poop doesn't smell as bad. It may seem expensive, but it last a long time.  They have all kinds, kitten, adult, hairball and senior cats.  In fact Sammy will not eat any meat or canned cat food and I have tried everything; he just smells it and walks away, so he lives on Science Diet and cantaloupe. 

I know what all of you mean about shopping, I had a spell like that and was ordering something like every day, but I think I am over it for a while. It is so easy just to sit here and order on line.  Every once in a while I even order something for George so that he won't feel bad with all the packages I am getting.

It is "soup time" up here too. I cooked 2 lbs. of navy beans on Tues. and gave some of it to four different people plus we had a lot of it.

All of your things look so pretty.  I see so many things I would like to do; but just seems like not enough time. I just realized how dumb that sounds when I am retired and Stephanie and Robin work and still do so much.  I would have more time, but I feel like I need to sit down with George and watch TV in the evening instead of being off in another room sewing.     I had better get off of here and get busy.    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:23 AM

Stephanie, wonderful news about your blood pressure and weight loss. Keep it going. Hopefully you will be able to control the diabetes with diet and exercise.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:34 AM

Norma Doll:

....we buy Science Diet dry food from the vet and it is so much better for them, they eat less (because it doesn't have a lot of fillers) AND their poop doesn't smell as bad. It may seem expensive, but it last a long time.  They have all kinds, kitten, adult, hairball and senior cats.  In fact Sammy will not eat any meat or canned cat food and I have tried everything; he just smells it and walks away, so he lives on Science Diet and cantaloupe. 

We bought only science diet for our cats and dogs. Every once in a while I would add some cooked chicken pieces to the cats and dogs food around the holidays. The dog always got the bones from steaks. lol

Norma Doll:

It is "soup time" up here too. I cooked 2 lbs. of navy beans on Tues. and gave some of it to four different people plus we had a lot of it.

Yummy. What time  is lunch?

Norma Doll:

All of your things look so pretty.  I see so many things I would like to do; but just seems like not enough time. I just realized how dumb that sounds when I am retired and Stephanie and Robin work and still do so much.  I would have more time, but I feel like I need to sit down with George and watch TV in the evening instead of being off in another room sewing.     I had better get off of here and get busy.    Hugs, Jo

I usually do hand work when I sit with hubby and watch TV in the evenings. Almost everything we watch is recorded, that way we can blast through the commercials. If I happen to have my head down during something he wants me to see, he just rolls it back so I can see it.  lol

We have a PS3 in the basement and DH likes to play those games. I go down and keep him company while he kills the enemies and I do hand work. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,092
Points 41,810
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 9:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Darlene--I remember helping to clean out my mother's things.  Such an odd feeling.  The things I kept make m think about her so it is comforting.

Sorry to hear about your cat.  When my cat was young she ate a large needle that had the thread on it.  She started eating the thread and the needle went down,  I took her to the emergency vet center and they did surgery.   There was an older cat there who had eaten a lot of yarn.  They didn't think she would make it.  My cat recovered well and I was more careful with my sewing supplies.  Now whenever I give her one of those toys with a string she bites the string in half.  I think she learned her lesson.lolSo good that you went and got a new cat right away from the shelter.

Robin--it is such a special time when your daughter goes off to college.  It's s exciting and different than high school.  I'm sure she is having a great time.  

Sounds like you guys in the ornament swap are on your way.  I wish I could have signed up.  I am still feeling over whelmed here with trying to place my little babies.  

A family from church came and got one baby last night.  Now I have 6 to give.  They were 3 young girls and already have a full grown dragon so I know he will be fine.

Its 45 degrees here today!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,500
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:26 AM

Darlene, reading about your Mom's apartment keys made me mist up and then reading about Gracie finished the job.  Oh, my heart goes out to you.  When my mom passed we had that dealing with "the last of it" moments and I remember that feeling very well.  One day I was particularly sad about it and lo and behold my sister pops in with a nightgown my Mom used to wear asking me if I wanted it.  I still have that nightgown and it's reserved for times when I miss her the most.  That's so sad about making the scrubbies.  

Your Tuxedo, Stedman cat sounds like a great companion to help ease the pain.  I hope the nail removal goes well and he isn't too mad at you about it.  I wish you the best of luck with your last show of the season.  That new PayPal reader will be a plus for you.  I know I prefer using PayPal, especially at public events like that.

Keeping you in my prayers, dear... 

Linny T

Page 4 of 215 (3224 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use