rated by 0 users
This post has 2,941 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 5:35 PM

Diane:
I am in the process of giving away my baby dragons.  I decided to give them to good homes rather than sell them.  I advertised in the paper and the local pet store is not excited about taking them so I put an email in my church group and I already have an experienced person ready to come tonight to get one for each of his 2 boys.
 That's a really kind thing to do, Diane.  I'm sure after all you have been through with them it's hard to see them go.  

Diane:
Sometimes I am just lazy and stuff piles up. I'm sure you all know about that.

Nah, I don't know a thing about this, lol.

Salmon salad sounds delicious.  I love onion rings.  Nice for you to get out with a friend, too.

Wishing you luck with your dragons...

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 6:46 PM

Company came in yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post.

Robin,

Good to hear that Keeley is happy about FSU and that she was able to work thru the changes of the classes not being offered. I wish her all the best.

And you too. I'm proud of you for fighting thru your med changes and for thinking of your dietary needs as well. Hang in there, and don't you worry about that meal. It will be fabulous.

Jo,

That was really sweet of you to go ahead and make the bags. Sorry to hear your outing wasn't what you'd hoped for. The baby shower sounds like fun.   I love to watch young mom's to be opening their sweet baby things. And here you have another coming up soon. Have fun making the blankets.

Lillie,

Right back at ya!

Diane,

I was disappointed that the Pet store led you on like that. I think adopting them thru the church and people you know could be very rewarding really. You can hear about them and be there to help. It was fun to hear about your trip to the diner. That's really cool that they moved the whole thing to avoid construction woes.

Thanks for the info about the cholesteral meds. I go tomorrow to have mine checked and will ask for that one in particular if need be for one. Great that you're losing weight on it too. WTG.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 6:55 PM

Linny t:
 I suppose the whole trick to life is balance.  I know I have to keep trying to keep my balance.  Sometimes I can and sometimes, not so much.  The older I get, the more I fight to keep it, even in the face of some great challenges.  Sleep is important, too and I'm the worst with staying up late and waking early.  I read today where there's evidence that the brain needs this sleep time to cleanse itself from toxins accumulated from every day living.  Makes sense.  

I believe you are so right. Balance is key to keeping us healthy. I too am learning that more and more. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,395
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Wednesday !  So you know what day it is?!  That's right I'm playing the Hump Day card.

Thank you all for the supportive comments.  

Yesterday was very hectic but productive.  We got a lot done for the meal but I lost two kids help for Thursday.    I just don't know sometimes what they are thinking.   One kid got into a pushing and shoving match with another kid knowing this was coming up and it was his turn to be the leader in the back of house.

Linny,  The weather is wet and suppose to drop in the low 40s this weekend.   About par for the course for this time of the year.   Keeley's hoping that we can have Chili this weekend.  I'll only make it when the weather is cool.

Diane,  What a sweet gesture to offer the dragons to your church family for free!

Lillie,   You are such a sweetie.  

Have a great hump day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:32 AM

Robin:
Linny,  The weather is wet and suppose to drop in the low 40s this weekend.   About par for the course for this time of the year.   Keeley's hoping that we can have Chili this weekend.  I'll only make it when the weather is cool.
 Brrr.  40 is cold.  We'll be in the low 60's at night.  The rain has already moved through, but still it's cloudy and windy and much cooler than yesterday.  Chili sounds great.  I only make it when it's cool, too.  Chili is like spaghetti.  It all tastes good, but I like mine the best.  Are you that way?  Do you have a special recipe or ingredients?  Do you serve yours with crackers, rice or pasta?  I serve mine with pasta.

Good luck with the meal being short handed.  

Robin:
It's Wednesday !  So you know what day it is?!  That's right I'm playing the Hump Day card.
LOL, happy hump day to you, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:21 PM

I want Chili too! What time is dinner??? I can bring cornbread and homemade tortillas!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:44 PM

Here are the silks I got from Ribbon Smyth

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:46 PM

Under the Sea block I finally got back which was due back in June!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:49 PM

Here are the fat quarters I got at Joann's opening---costme about $1.25 because of a 40% discount!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:47 PM

Diane:

YAY Diane. It looks great. And it wasn't lost in the mail.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:48 PM

Diane:

Here are the fat quarters I got at Joann's opening---costme about $1.25 because of a 40% discount!

They are beautiful Diane. Great sale for you!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:01 PM

Here is the baby quilt. Finally finished, boxed, and ready to be shipped tomorrow. YAY!!!!!!!!!!  lol

Here is the front of the baby quilt. Colors look awful here, they are really beautiful in person. Creams, salmon, and soft aqua, and dusty rose.

Here is the quilt back. Had the entire family sign the fabric with crayon, markers, or colored pencils. Fabric went to Japan, California, Michigan, and then back to me in Colorado.  What a nightmare! I won't do that again. It was like herding cats.

And here is my latest purchase.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:45 PM

Diane:

Here are the silks I got from Ribbon Smyth

Beautiful, like a brand new ox of crayons.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:52 PM

Diane:

You finally got it back!  It's lovely.  How many do you have now?  Enough to do a wall hanging?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,118
Points 110,500
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:01 PM

Diane:

These are really nice and what a bargain!

Linny T

Page 3 of 197 (2942 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use