rated by 0 users
This post has 3,831 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:46 PM

Robin:
Of course it really won't be empty for awhile since Laurie is here and will probably be here for another year and a half.   If life goes the way her and Chris have it planned they will get married after he graduates next April and before he heads PT school.  I've tried to convince them to get the schooling done then get married but that's to long to wait.   And I suppose at that age I would have agreed with them. 

Can you believe what planners our kids are? That's pretty awesome that Laurie will be there with wedding plans to help distract you from missing Keeley so much.

Robin:
So I guess if Chris ever gets around to popping the questions my distraction will be helping plan a wedding and with Laur that should be a hoot

So funny  you say that about Chris popping the question. My son Paul has the ring. He and Melissa have been putting away $750.00 a month, have the place picked out, and he hasn't popped the question, or given her the ring yet! Makes me roll with laughter. Mike and I met August 8th, 1978 and married Dec 9th, 1978. We planned the wedding in two months time and I made my own dress. LOL. Oh how times have changed.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:46 PM

Robin:
Of course it really won't be empty for awhile since Laurie is here and will probably be here for another year and a half.   If life goes the way her and Chris have it planned they will get married after he graduates next April and before he heads PT school.  I've tried to convince them to get the schooling done then get married but that's to long to wait.   And I suppose at that age I would have agreed with them. 

Can you believe what planners our kids are? That's pretty awesome that Laurie will be there with wedding plans to help distract you from missing Keeley so much.

Robin:
So I guess if Chris ever gets around to popping the questions my distraction will be helping plan a wedding and with Laur that should be a hoot

So funny  you say that about Chris popping the question. My son Paul has the ring. He and Melissa have been putting away $750.00 a month, have the place picked out, and he hasn't popped the question, or given her the ring yet! Makes me roll with laughter. Mike and I met August 8th, 1978 and married Dec 9th, 1978. We planned the wedding in two months time and I made my own dress. LOL. Oh how times have changed. PS: For the record Paul wasn't born until Sept, 1980.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:51 PM

Linny t:
I love her too much to show it.  My job is to keep her inspired with creating because that seems to be something that brings her to life and give her something to look forward to each day.

If I'd ever have a picture ( outside of Jesus) of selflessness and unconditional love you would be it. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 7:02 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
I love her too much to show it.  My job is to keep her inspired with creating because that seems to be something that brings her to life and give her something to look forward to each day.

If I'd ever have a picture ( outside of Jesus) of selflessness and unconditional love you would be it. 

Amen!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Off today to go to FSU with Keeley for her orientation.   Hopefully, it will be a sunny day and we won't get wet. 

Linny,  I saw your post about occupying the mind, which is always a challenge for me.  But I'm working on it.   One think I like about FSU is the police department will tell us today if we haven't heard from her and we're worried call them they will track her down and tell her to call home.   I'm sure all universities say that but it's still comforting.    She is planning on living in the dorm first semester, so she can meet some new people.   She is such an introvert that I hope that works for her.  However, if it doesn't my mom has told her she can live with her, she is about 30 minutes from FSU. 

As for my mind I'm working on it.    I've cut back to one adderall per day and seem to be doing fine.   Actually I think eating a little better is a big junk of it.   Stephanie,  kinda help me see that how I ate was a choice and not eating was not a good one.

Have a great Monday Everyone and remember it's your day!

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

By Norma Doll in Crazy Quilt Group

Good Monday Morning to all of you,

We were up early and down to DMV to get my drivers license renewed (this is our second trip down there 40 miles). You have to have so many things to prove who you are, even tho' you have had a license b/4.  I was thinking how lucky men are ; they never change their names. Things went ok this time.  I had to have birth certificate, social security card, marriage license,(2)  death certificate and 2 proofs of address.  The men are lucky they don't change their names.  I had already had my license renewed once since I'd been down here.  I don't think it is possible to do it on line.

Our "Fall Foliage" trip left a lot to be desired.....first thing we left half an hour late because we were waiting on someone, then it rained on and off the whole time, plus it was foggy and you couldn't see the top of the mountains. The lunch at one of the couples "cabin" was very nice and a beautiful place. I just wouldn't want to have to drive 3 1/2  hours to get there.  Then on the way back we got held up with an accident for about 45 min. and the driver was afraid we were going to run out of gas or it was going to get dark (he doesn't drive after dark).  We left at 8:00 and got home at 6:30.

I made the corn hole bags and here is what I ran into..........the finished size is to be 6 inches square; you are to start with 7 inches square pieces with half an inch seam allowance.  Two of the sides were 7 inches and the other two 6 1/4. They had cut the fabric out before they gave it to me. It was heavy duck cloth so it was hard to turn right side out. George did the turning for me. I told his cousin all the problems I ran into and that this was the last time I would do it. At least now they know.

The baby shower was really nice; she got a lot of nice/cute things. A lot of people came, so that was good. There is going to be another baby shower for one of the ladies daughter. She is having a boy, so I am going to get busy making boy blankets now.     

I copied and pasted this from My Day 2.      Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:59 PM

Stephanie:
You made me take a look at myself today, and I thank you whole heartedly for  expressing your thoughts. I'd have to take you way back to my inspiration as far as childhood. You'd have seen a young girl with a stepfather that believed that black men would never be great athletes and that a woman's place was barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.Seriously! LOL I knew when I was eight that he was wrong about black men being good athlete's but the stigma of women followed me like the plague. I did little projects of putting together "affordable" furniture, beds etc when I was younger, but would have never attempted anything else. When I got my license to be a painting contractor 15 years ago and would be on the job I'd literally have the older gents hovering over me making those same comments about this not being women's work. As I am getting older (57 this year) I'd like to think that I was one of those women that have become trendsetters for our younger generation to do whatever they want to do in life, oblivious of what the opinions of the rest of the world are.  Some people work better with their hands than their minds, and maybe some just feel a better sense of accomplishment seeing a transformation in something. That would be where I'd fall in I think. I love to see someone have a dream and make it into a reality. We have to live in our spaces. And, no matter how large or small, I think we can make them into a place that we can make the best from.

You're an amazing woman, Stephanie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:02 PM

Stephanie:
 You're too kind, Stephanie.  I believe that real love brings out the best in us.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:22 PM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

Off today to go to FSU with Keeley for her orientation.   Hopefully, it will be a sunny day and we won't get wet. 

Linny,  I saw your post about occupying the mind, which is always a challenge for me.  But I'm working on it.   One think I like about FSU is the police department will tell us today if we haven't heard from her and we're worried call them they will track her down and tell her to call home.   I'm sure all universities say that but it's still comforting.    She is planning on living in the dorm first semester, so she can meet some new people.   She is such an introvert that I hope that works for her.  However, if it doesn't my mom has told her she can live with her, she is about 30 minutes from FSU. 

As for my mind I'm working on it.    I've cut back to one adderall per day and seem to be doing fine.   Actually I think eating a little better is a big junk of it.   Stephanie,  kinda help me see that how I ate was a choice and not eating was not a good one.

Have a great Monday Everyone and remember it's your day!

Robin

Robin, I think it's just so great that the school will find kids if they haven't called home and all.  That's got to be such a huge comfort to you.  Maybe knowing that her grand mother is 30 min. away will help her be there away from everyone she knows, too.  If she doesn't like it, she's got an alternative.  Sounds like the best all around.

I'm working on my mind all the time, lol.  I hope you get your meds right where you want them.  I know from living with Audra that when meds are not right, life is not right and it's easy to think something outside of yourself is wrong when it's not.  Eating right is important.  I can't believe how much energy Stephanie got just from counting and cutting down on carbs.  I suppose the whole trick to life is balance.  I know I have to keep trying to keep my balance.  Sometimes I can and sometimes, not so much.  The older I get, the more I fight to keep it, even in the face of some great challenges.  Sleep is important, too and I'm the worst with staying up late and waking early.  I read today where there's evidence that the brain needs this sleep time to cleanse itself from toxins accumulated from every day living.  Makes sense.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:30 PM

Jo, sorry you didn't have such a nice trip to see the fall foliage.  Mother nature wasn't kind, I guess.  Sounds like your lunch was nice, though.  I bet you were tired after that long day.  

I'm not looking forward to having to renew my license at all.  Everyone says it's such a pain to get all that stuff together and I see why.  Proving every turn of your life.  Mercy, I'd have to get a copy of my birth certificate from Illinois.  I have no idea where mine is at.  Then, proving every name change.  Ick.

I'm glad you told them you wouldn't make any more corn hole bags.  It sounds like they were really a chore.  People really have no idea and they think they're doing you a kindness by asking you to sew for them.  Don't they get that it's only fun if you want to do it?  Good for you, taking a stand.

Baby showers are always so much fun.  Soon you'll have some pics of boy baby blankets to show us.  I'm looking forward to that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 5:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and running and from the way my calves fill I really should be running.  I guess they are a little sore from the stairs and hills of yesterday.

Orientation went well until she went to advising.  She found out that they no longer off the degree she was seeking.  So she will now be a literature major with a minor in Business.  Lesson one you have to roll with the punches.   But she's happy and that makes Mama happy.

Meal 2 is this week and like always I'm a little nervous.   Mainly just because we are trying new things.  

Jo,  Sorry to hear about your trip.  I hope the fall color is brought to you somehow and that it is very special.

Linny,   I didn't know that your daughter took meds.   Thank you for your support and that is so interesting about sleep detoxing the brain.

Stephanie,  I thought your perspective on life was such a great testimony.   I think you are so right.  I also didn't have a supporter father in my life and I know that it has truly effective me.   It is so neat to know someone who is so passionate about what they do.

Well, got to go.  I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed day. 

Robinbin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 6:04 AM

All of you are such amazing, giving women and I feel blessed to have you in my life. Thank you.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 11:40 AM

Lillie:

All of you are such amazing, giving women and I feel blessed to have you in my life. Thank you.

I am sure I speak for everyone here in saying we all feel the same about you, Lillie.  Thank you right back.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 11:47 AM

Robin, I thought of you today while watching the weather report.  Are you wet and getting cold up there?  

Robin:
Linny,   I didn't know that your daughter took meds.
 My Audra has bi-polar disorder.  

I'm glad Keely is happy with her degree change.  That could've been worse, Right?  She's got her whole life right before her now and she's at a vantage point to get a glimpse of it.  I'm sure it's a little scary to her.  She's so lucky to have your guidance right now.

Good luck with meal 2.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  With the cooler weather coming that meal is going to hit the spot, I'm sure.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:20 PM

Hi Everybody

I have been keeping up with all of your posts.  I am in the process of giving away my baby dragons.  I decided to give them to good homes rather than sell them.  I advertised in the paper and the local pet store is not excited about taking them so I put an email in my church group and I already have an experienced person ready to come tonight to get one for each of his 2 boys.  I got 3 other replies but no phone calls from them.

I am also trying to do my wash.  There is not water today--they are fixing the pipes which they have to do sometimes.  So maybe later.

The end of the month is coming so I'm starting to work on my RR block.  I also owe someone a pair of earrings which I need to get to.

Sometimes I am just lazy and stuff piles up. I'm sure you all know about that.

I didn't make church this week.  On Saturday a good friend came over and we went to eat at the Tastee Diner which is less than a block away.  It's a land mark here in Silver Spring.  About 10 years ago, instead of closing the diner down because of construction, they moved it several blocks away!

I had salmon salad and onion rings---they have great onion rings.

Stephanie--if you have cholesterol there is a drug you can take called Welchol which helps keep your blood sugar stable.  It also helps you lose weight.  I have been losing 2lbs a month.  I still keep my junk food down so it helps.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Page 2 of 256 (3832 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use