Photographing Jewelry

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t Posted: Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:54 PM

This link leads to an article on Fire Mountain Gems and Beads site.  It's about photographing jewelry, but we all talk about how our CQ work pics don't hold a candle to the real item, so I thought you all might be interested.  After all, our CQ's are like jewelry when we're done with them, aren't they?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,547
Points 139,328
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 4:26 PM

Neat article Linny. Some great tips that we can use in photographing our cq's.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 4:54 PM

Glad you liked it.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,625

Linny,  this article sounds interesting.  I believe there are a lot of similar aspects to photographing jewelry and embellished CQ.

Unfortunately, I was unable to open the link.  I am going to go to the website and see if I can find the article.

Thanks for the info.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,625

Linny, I went to Fire Mountation's website and found the article about photographing.  Very interesting and informative.

I liked the idea of using photography students from a local college.  It would be good practice for them, something different for their portfolio and a potential portfolio for the artist as well.  Win, Win for all.

It also made me think about a dear friend of mine who does some amazing stuff with her cameras.  The next time I want to get some good pics, I am going to call her and see if she is willing to help me.  She has zoom lens and all kinds of attachments.  I bet she will help.  Her  daughter was the recipient of my last graduation quilt and she has an appreciation of my art.  Her family has several of my CQ creations.

Thanks for opening my mind to resources I might not have thought of.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 6:36 AM

Linny,

Love the information.  But the site is awesome, so many beads so little time. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:47 AM

Yes, Robin.  I have to stay away from the site until I need something specific.  Otherwise I'd go broke, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use