rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:44 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your week has gone well.  It seems like you have all been busy with various things.  

Life is here is rolling a long.  We have been working on trying recipes for the meal at school and going to training .   Yesterday was a little interesting the power was out for the first thirty minutes after school started.  Fortunately the kids were still outside when it went down so they were not inside in the dark.   The building has some security lights but since it's thirty something years old they don't always come on.  The power company got us back up and running and then shut us down again for about 5 minutes.  After that the day went as normally as any half day goes.   After the 1/2 day with students we had some teacher training.   I swear teacher's are some of the most trained people in the world.   Now if we just acted like it.  (giggle)

Well got to go get ready for Thursday.   Hope you have a good one.  

I also hope this post goes through.  Third one this week the other two didn't make it.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 347
Points 9,470

Good Morning Ladies,

We are up early and ready to go on a Fall trip up in the Wv mountains with some of the people from the church. We are leaving at 8:00. A couple from church have place up there and they are going to be up there and serve us lunch.  It sounds like fun.

A couple of months ago, I told you about reading about using "bed risers" to raise your cutting table higher...... I got 4 of them at Walmart and have a large folding table and set the legs on the risers and it works great! I didn't think I needed a table that large, but now that I have it, I wouldn't want a smaller one. It gives me a lot of space to lay my "equipment" and I have a small ironing board that I put on it when I need to press the fabric, so it is working really well.

Not much else going on.            I do want to vent a little......George's cousin said they had a sewing job for me (to sew bags for the corn hole game for his son). It is not hard to do, just 21/2 sides with opening to put the corn in.  Ok, his wife has a sewing machine and his son's wife has a sewing machine! As if that is all I have to do. It just aggravates me!  Tell me the truth, do you think I am wrong????  I can take it.   ( I think I am getting mean in my old age.)    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 11:26 AM

Norma Doll:
We are up early and ready to go on a Fall trip up in the Wv mountains with some of the people from the church. We are leaving at 8:00. A couple from church have place up there and they are going to be up there and serve us lunch.  It sounds like fun.
 Sounds like a lovely time, Jo.

Norma Doll:
 I do want to vent a little......George's cousin said they had a sewing job for me (to sew bags for the corn hole game for his son). It is not hard to do, just 21/2 sides with opening to put the corn in.  Ok, his wife has a sewing machine and his son's wife has a sewing machine! As if that is all I have to do. It just aggravates me!  Tell me the truth, do you think I am wrong????  I can take it.   ( I think I am getting mean in my old age.)    Hugs, Jo
 Maybe they have machines but don't love to sew and know that you do love to sew.  People get funny ideas sometimes.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 11:27 AM

Robin:
I also hope this post goes through.  Third one this week the other two didn't make it.
 This seems to be happening to other people, too.  Wonder why.

Hope you have a great Thursday and your power stays on.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:16 PM

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun and beautiful sights. Are the leaves changing up there yet?

WTG with adding the risers to your table. It sounds like that was a great option for you. We girls need our space to work our crafts. Nice thing too is your's is portable and can be put away relatively easy.

Norma Doll:
 I do want to vent a little......George's cousin said they had a sewing job for me (to sew bags for the corn hole game for his son). It is not hard to do, just 21/2 sides with opening to put the corn in.  Ok, his wife has a sewing machine and his son's wife has a sewing machine! As if that is all I have to do. It just aggravates me!  Tell me the truth, do you think I am wrong????  I can take it.  

I'm kind of with Linny on this one. That they see you making all the things you do and assume that you'd be happy to do that. I don't think it was handled well in them telling George they have a sewing job for you. It's not mean to say no. You have a life and plans of your own. Or you might consider mentioning having a sew-a-thon get together with his wife and DIL for them. If they can volunteer you, you can volunteer them right back.. Might be fun if ya'll get along on a normal basis. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:21 PM

Robin,

Sounds like you had a wonky Wednesday with the power going out. Always something going on in the training department. 

Hope  you've had a good Thursday. I've been having some issues posting too. Keeping things short. Nothing more frustrating than writing a long post and having it disappear...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 7:55 PM

I've been thinking maybe our troubles with posting would be helped by starting another My Day thread.  What do you all think?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 5:08 AM

Linny t:

I've been thinking maybe our troubles with posting would be helped by starting another My Day thread.  What do you all think?

Whatever you thing is best.   I don't know enough about how all this works to have a real opinion.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 5:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday!

I'm up but not off.   Cutting back on this medication is helping me sleep better, but that also means I don't want give up in the morning.  It will be interesting in the morning when I don't have to get up to see what time my body wakes up.

Today is club day, so I'll have kids going in and out all day.   Plus I'm going to be out Monday taking Keeley to FSU for her orientation.  It's hard to believe by just graduated high school senior will be a Junior at FSU in January.   I guess because we didn't have that whole year between her senior year and her first year away from home.   I'm very proud of her but I'm also sad to see her go.   She's the one that always goes with Mom and Dad everywhere and she is also the one who stays home and eats dinner with us and plays games with us.   And she is the baby!  But like with Laurie by Monday I have to wrap by head around this.   She is progressing forward and she is growing.

Jo,  I understand why you feel the way you do.  But I think Linny and Stephanie hit the nail on the head.   Just tell that you can't help them out this time or tell them you'll be happy to do it but you have a long line of projects ahead of it so you don't know exactly when you'll get to it.    Go enjoy your trip and let them figure it out.

Happy Friday!

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:07 AM

Oh, I'm so excited! I received my final block for the Whisper RR. It's a traditional block. YAY!!! Three of the blocks were very contemporary/modern. They were more shapes and colors than traditional embellishments. Took me out of my comfort zone, but it was fun to see what I could come up with for embellishments. The third block was Under the Sea, so that was easy to do the stitching. Just had a hard time finding fish, shells, etc that weren't whimsical or extremely plastic looking. But I did find some that I was very pleased with. The block turned out really nice. This is the last time I will do a RR from that web site. Takes too long to get anything going and then there is the additional expense of international shipping. Costs me $13+ every time I ship to the Netherlands.

Wish I could have Diane's block back so I could re-do my part. Her's was the first block I had ever done CQ on. I'm so glad she was gracious about my lack of ability. I've learned so much doing the I dropped my buttons RR with our little group. Ya'll have been wonderful mentors.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:08 AM

Robin:

Linny t:

Whatever you thing is best.   I don't know enough about how all this works to have a real opinion.

Robin

Whatever you want to do is fine with me.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:14 AM

Jo,

I agree with everyone else. I think all the suggestions are good ones. Pick the one that you are most comfortable with. Sew-a-thon with the ladies or too many projects in your queue and you don't know when you'll get to theirs. 

We had 2 inches of snow last night. It's a pretty wet snow which is good. And it's already 33 outside, so I expect it will start melting in a few hours. Probably mostly gone by this evening. Sunny and 60 on Sat here.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 11:16 AM

Linny t:

Sounds good to me.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 11:23 AM

Hi Everyone

Lillie--I am very pleased with what you did on my block.  No worries about that.

Linny- A new thread may be needed.  I haven't been getting a lot of posts.

Norma Doll--so jealous of your trip to WV.  We used to go there and it is gorgeous.  I would love to hear about what you saw.

I hope everyone has a great day.  I am still putting away my purchases from yesterday.  When I get a chance, I'll post pics of the silks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:55 PM

Diane:
I'll post pics of the silks.

That would be awesome.

Page 142 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev139140141142143Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use