This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 7:13 AM

Good morning everyone.

Robin,

So sorry to hear the med adjustment is not happening as well as you'd hoped. And that now of all times someone has added to your schedule. Your meal plan sounds great, and it's good to hear that you had some quilting time this weekend.

Linny,

You two are so far ahead of me in the ornaments. WTG having both sides ready and stitching.

Lillie,

Sounds like a finally happening for your baby quilt. It will be much loved I'm sure with all the special touches you've added including your family in the mix. I too would love to see a pic when your finished.

Your Saturday plans sound like fun and everyone will have lots to talk about with their recent trips. I didn't know about altitude sickness either, only that it can take your breath away. 

All,

We're having company coming Saturday, and as usual I've been in a state of disarray. I had started weeks ago packing my sewing room/office up. All the boxes went into the spare bedroom so that I could bring the cabinets I wanted to put in here and rearrange the bookcases and furniture into a more productive/workable space. In the process I've put wheels on my desk and file cabinets so they can be easily moved to vacuum under and if I just want them out of the way. I like the new layout. I can look out my window now. It had been blocked by a twin bed. I'm also gaining not only cabinet space, by 87 inches of countertop. I can set up for my cutting board and an ironing space without having to roll my Joann's cutting table out unless I have a really large project. Took me a while to plan the layout. Gotta love graph paper. LOL. This will put an end to my cabinet projects. Except to paint them. Paul is taking the rest for his garage. Finally. :0)

Lucky for me Mike gave me Monday off. It really helps me keep that thought pattern going and  follow through. And thank goodness I've been on an energy high. That helps a lot too.

Didn't do the best on my diet this week. Potatoes got the best of me. LOL. Still lost a pound and didn't gain so I can't complain. 

Time to get back to it. Have a great day everyone!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 11:28 AM

Wow, Stephanie.  You got so much done.  I'm always so impressed to read about your home improvement projects.  You are my DIY idle, lol.

Way to go on the diet...loosing a pound while eating potatoes.  Can't beat that.  

Hope you get all you want done today...

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 3:15 PM

Thank you Linny.

I just got word BIL got called to China for work and I have another week. Phew, what a relief. I started feeling puny this morning. Mike had a "bug" and now I think I have it. Hopefully it'll pass quickly.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 3:18 PM

Hi Everyone

Here in my building they have turned the air off and it's 81 degrees outside and 85 in my apartment. I have 3 fans going and turned off the heat lamps for the reptiles but they still have heat under the tanks.  One little guy died when one of the bigger dragons tried to eat him.  I was wondering if that would happen.  I separated the big ones from the smaller ones.  Less stress for them and me!    Thank God my baby Travis is OK.  He spent and hour sleeping in my hand today.  Amazing.  I hope he doesn't change.  I had to order another thousand crickets and they came today.  I had to get them all in a smaller tank.  What a job.  I had the idea to do it in the bath tub so I could make sure I could get all of them.

It seems to me that I'm not getting all the emails from this group. I know because sometimes people are responding to posts that I don't get.  Oh well, I don't want to mess with these people who run this.  I'm on yahoo and they have made some changes so that may be it.

Lillie and Stephanie, sounds like you are busy moving things around.  Your sewing room sounds like it will be ready soon!  I have a section of my bedroom that I call my "play area".  I have a large storage unit with all of my sewing stuff in as well as my tanks for my lizards.  I have a lazy boy there, my computer and my television.  And I can watch my babies.  It's a busy area. lol  We have large rooms in this building.  Now they are making such small apartments especially for seniors.  I couldn't live in a little box.

I hope I will be seeing more posts.  I checked my spam folder and nothing is there.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 3:44 PM

Stephanie:

Thank you Linny.

I just got word BIL got called to China for work and I have another week. Phew, what a relief. I started feeling puny this morning. Mike had a "bug" and now I think I have it. Hopefully it'll pass quickly.

Well, darn it all, getting sick.  I'm glad you've got another week so you can recover and enjoy their visit...and they won't go home with the bug themselves.  Take it easy...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 3:54 PM

Diane:

Here in my building they have turned the air off and it's 81 degrees outside and 85 in my apartment. I have 3 fans going and turned off the heat lamps for the reptiles but they still have heat under the tanks.  One little guy died when one of the bigger dragons tried to eat him.  I was wondering if that would happen.  I separated the big ones from the smaller ones.  Less stress for them and me!    Thank God my baby Travis is OK.  He spent and hour sleeping in my hand today.  Amazing.  I hope he doesn't change.  I had to order another thousand crickets and they came today.  I had to get them all in a smaller tank.  What a job.  I had the idea to do it in the bath tub so I could make sure I could get all of them.

It seems to me that I'm not getting all the emails from this group. I know because sometimes people are responding to posts that I don't get.  Oh well, I don't want to mess with these people who run this.  I'm on yahoo and they have made some changes so that may be it.

Diane, sorry you're so hot.  Why did they turn it off?  Are they doing maintenance?  That's sad about the smaller one dying, but it's natural for them, from what you said.  Good idea separating them so it has less a chance to happen again.  They are a lot of work, aren't they?  Won't be long and they'll be going to their new homes and you'll have baby Travis to pamper and care for.  So sweet that he loves to sleep in your hand.  I hope he keeps that up, too.  It's plain to see it comforts both of you.  

I don't know about not getting all the emails.  It's hard to tell with Yahoo changing, too.  I use gmail, but I belong to a few groups on yahoo and I like gmail better for email.  Hey, that rhymes, lol.  I made a different account just for QCA because there are so many and I don't go there to read the posts.  I just log in here.  I know that sometimes you have to go back a page if there's been a lot of posting to see posts you haven't read.  I always try to go back to the last post I made, just to make sure I don't miss any.  Hope that helps.  Sometimes computers have a mind of their own, I think.

Hope your AC gets turned back on real soon.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 3:58 PM

Stephanie------I hope you are feeling better.  Too early to get these bugs!  Get your rest. (can't help being a nurse---I did it for so long).   Glad to hear you diet is working.  We all slip but give yourself a chance.  It has taken me a long time to get it through my thick head on how I should take care of myself.  Finally, after several years, my blook work is getting better.  I saw my doctor yesterday and he is pleased.  He has to change my pump settings every time I go.  It's a long term disease and sounds like you are doing fine.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:23 PM

Stephanie,

Sounds like you are a busy, busy girl. Any day you loose weight is a good day. A girl has to treat herself once in a while. lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:27 PM

Diane,

What a chore that must be dealing with all those crickets. You are a better woman than I. I am so relieved that my nephew Travis is not on any dragons menu. Do you think you will do this again? Or has it been too stressful?

I am not getting all the posts either. Sometimes folks talk about things I have no clue what they are saying. I just figured it was my mind going on vacation. I'm glad to know that you and I are on the same vacation.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:38 PM

Every year I get these horrible allergies that go from a minor cough to not being able to talk without coughing. So, I usually don't say anything for 2-3 months. This year it ended with a horrible cold. I had 3 months of coughing, 2 of the 3 months not talking, and 2 weeks of a cold. The doc gave me a puffer...did nothing. Gave me steroids...did nothing.  Gave me antibiotics...did nothing. Then threw her hands in the air and went on vacation. I can usually tell when the cough has subsided and told my husband that the cough was almost gone. That was a few hours after I'd had a terrible bout with coughing. He, of course, looked at me like I was crazy. And I have hardly coughed at all in 3 days. Just residual congestion coughing from the cold.

I've had this since 2005 and I am really sick of getting it each year. 

We were gone most of May and that is usually when the first inkling of a cough presents itself. Which means I was away from all the allergens that affect me. This year I didn't have anything until the mid Aug. Then it came on like there was no tomorrow. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:41 PM

Diane,

I don't understand why buildings arbitrarily pick some date out of the air as the date that AC or heating should be turned off. Where I worked in New Mexico they used to turn on the heat when it was still in the low 80's. Or turn on the AC when it was still in the 60's. That used to drive me crazy. So many people got sick from it twice a year. I hope the fans are helping you and my nephew.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:25 PM

Diane,

You must be sweltering at 85 degrees in there. Does it cool in the evening?

I'm so sorry that you lost one of the babies and thankful that it wasn't Travis. He sounds so adorable sleeping in your hand like that. Your play area sounds like the perfect spot. It's so nice that your building has large rooms like that. It would be very difficult to live in a small box. Especially being crafty and having pets. I'm happy for you.

Diane:
 Your sewing room sounds like it will be ready soon!

Yes, and I am so excited for it to be finished and get back to projects. My only problem is that I love it so much in here that I don't want to leave. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:32 PM

Diane:
 Finally, after several years, my blook work is getting better.  I saw my doctor yesterday and he is pleased.  He has to change my pump settings every time I go.  It's a long term disease and sounds like you are doing fine.

That's great news! You must be doing something right yourself!

Diane:
Glad to hear you diet is working.  We all slip but give yourself a chance.

Thank you, I just need to get to the grocery and do some shopping for myself. I think the No carb shakes and having plenty of greens on hand keep me from craving stuff.

Diane:
I hope you are feeling better.  Too early to get these bugs!  Get your rest. (can't help being a nurse---I did it for so long).

Thank you. I had to laugh. Mike came home and took one look at me and said, "You look like death." LOL. (Thanks honey, and how was your day?)LOL

I'm already in my pj's and getting ready to tuck in. Thank you, my nurse friend. 

Have a wonderful evening.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:43 PM

Lillie:

Every year I get these horrible allergies that go from a minor cough to not being able to talk without coughing. So, I usually don't say anything for 2-3 months. This year it ended with a horrible cold. I had 3 months of coughing, 2 of the 3 months not talking, and 2 weeks of a cold. The doc gave me a puffer...did nothing. Gave me steroids...did nothing.  Gave me antibiotics...did nothing. Then threw her hands in the air and went on vacation. I can usually tell when the cough has subsided and told my husband that the cough was almost gone. That was a few hours after I'd had a terrible bout with coughing. He, of course, looked at me like I was crazy. And I have hardly coughed at all in 3 days. Just residual congestion coughing from the cold.

I've had this since 2005 and I am really sick of getting it each year. 

Lillie,

That's just awful to have to suffer with this every year. There has to be a Doctor somewhere that can figure out what's bringing this on. How miserable for you, and I'm happy for you that you are starting to feel better.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:41 AM

Lillie, have you had this allergy problem all your life?  How awful for you to have to suffer every year for months.

Linny T

Page 141 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev139140141142143Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use