rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:20 AM

Diane:

I could sell them in a week when they are 6 weeks old.  I put an ad in The Gazette to run on the 16th.  Probably the beautiful large ones will sell first.  I have 4 of those.  My little Charlie Brown is the runt.  He is healthy and is still eating greens.  He will lighten up when he gets bigger.  He'll eat crickets one day I'm sure. Here it is!

I also added a photo of the babies to the ad.  That should help.

These guys are just too cute!  They have beautiful markings and such bright eyes.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:30 AM

Robin, I just love that photo.  It makes me want to head for the mountains in NC.  

To answer your question about Barb, she's holding her own.  She's finished with the radiation and has been weaned off the steroids.  Next is her Pet Scan, which is next Wednesday.  They will have her results by Friday, th 18th, so a little breath holding going on.  She hasn't felt well enough to go anywhere for the past 2 weekends because she's been so terribly tired.  It finally dawned on her that she wasn't taking her full thyroid medication dosage.  (She's needed thyroid meds for years and years as hers just quit working.)  They cut it in half while she was on the steroids.  She told me today she has more energy and feels good enough to do crafting.  .    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:32 AM

Yay!  Lillie's back.  How was your trip, Lillie?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,038
Points 65,580
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 5:25 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  I got a chance last night to pick out by fabrics for the ornament exchange, I also got them sew together so now I can get creative with embellishments !   I was so excited how easy it was once I started working.   I think it was such a great unwinder at the end of the day.

Linny,  I'm glad to hear that Barb is fighting through.  I imagine that it's really tough to get up everyday and do.   I will be praying that her PET Scan has good results.

Lillie,  Welcome Back!  How was your trip?

Diane,  I'm sad to say that picture is not from where I live.  North Florida does see some leaf color but it won't be until later this month.   And not nearly as glorious as the picture.    

Have a Marvelous Day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Good morning everyone!

Diane,

I loved the pic's of the dragons. Hope people jump on your ad to adopt them.

Diane:
In my church the Holy Ghost is the one who guides us like yours.  I feel the presence of my family everyday.  I talk to them and tell them what I appreciate and what I don't.  I have felt more forgiving since I am able to do that.  I was at a point where I didn't want to see them in the spirit world when I pass.  But now I feel better and miss them in spite of the bad things they did.  It still makes me tearful.  I also get tearful when I think of the pets which have died---especially my iguana Bubba.  He was such a sweet pleasure.

Reading this is just awesome to me. Forgiveness is such a freeing experience mind, body and soul. I'm so proud of you for coming to this place in your life and being able to communicate your feelings and miss them in spite of themselves. You set a great example in your testimony. And oh, yes, to see our beloved pets too. My idea of heaven for sure.

Robin,

I loved the fall pic too and it would have been so fun to all be traveling together down that beautiful road. How neat that you were able to start on your Christmas ornaments. I think these are going to be a lot of fun and go quickly compared to other projects.

Linny,

So happy to hear that Barb is feeling better being back on her thyroid med's. For some reason I thought she'd had her PET scan already. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Lillie,

Welcome back! How was your visit?

All,

Finally a day at home for me! So many events and company last week that I barely had time to turn around before the next one came along. It was all fun and so good to reconnect with friends and family. Leaves me in such a happy state of mind and with much gratitude for the times we have been able to share together.

I have many chores to catch up on, but I'm hoping to make the time to start my ornaments as well.

Have a great day everyone. It's a beautiful sunshine day here, and hope it is for all of you as well.      

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 7:18 AM

My trip to Oregon was wonderful. It's such a beautiful state. My friend lives about an hour away from Portland, in the small town of Forest Grove. It's surrounded by nurseries, grape vines, and trees. I did not realize this but she is right in the middle of the Oregon Wine Trail. We only stopped at one winery, which was wonderful. Mostly we did quilt shows, fabric stores, and button stores. I did find some fish, but they were not as small as the ones on Diane's Under the Sea block. We went to the coast one day. Drove through the rain forest to get there. Wasn't raining...lol  Walked along the beach. If we'd had chairs we would have sat there for a few hours.

Now I totally did not know this but...Tillamook cheese in made in Oregon. We stopped in the town of Tillamook (go figure) on the way home from the coast and had a few samples of cheese. Then we had some Tillamook ice cream. I did not know they made ice cream either. They package and ship over 1 million pounds of cheese every week!!!

I have decided I want to move to Oregon. lol

Oh and they have this fabric store close to Portland, Fabric Depot, it's as big as a Home Depot. Great place. Every fabric manufacturer known to man!!!  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:15 AM

Wow, Lillie!  Sounds like an amazing place.  I don't blame you for wanting to live there.  I didn't know that about Tillamook cheese.  In fact I didn't know there was a Tillamook, but I'll be on the lookout for the cheese.  I've never seen it in the stores I shop at.  

I could get in big trouble going to a fabric store the size of Home Depot, lol.

Also, I put some fish shaped beads on Diane's block.  If that's what you're talking about I got them from ESD in a bead mix.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:18 AM

Robin:
Linny,  I'm glad to hear that Barb is fighting through.  I imagine that it's really tough to get up everyday and do.   I will be praying that her PET Scan has good results.

Thanks for the prayers, Robin.  Today she tells me she can not get warm no matter what she does.  She has the AC set on 82 and has sweat clothes on with a blanket and a hat.  Unfortunately for her, every day is an adventure in bodily discomforts.  She just wants to feel normal again.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:19 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

So happy to hear that Barb is feeling better being back on her thyroid med's. For some reason I thought she'd had her PET scan already. I'll keep her in my prayers.

She went to her oncologist already.  He's the one who ordered the PET scan.  Thanks for the prayers.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:22 AM

Robin:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  I got a chance last night to pick out by fabrics for the ornament exchange, I also got them sew together so now I can get creative with embellishments !   I was so excited how easy it was once I started working.   I think it was such a great unwinder at the end of the day.
 I did some on mine this weekend.  It is relaxing, isn't it?  They're so small you don't get bored with any area in particular.  How big are you making yours?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 12:36 PM

Linny t:

Also, I put some fish shaped beads on Diane's block.  If that's what you're talking about I got them from ESD in a bead mix.

Yes, those are the fish beads looking for. I have search everywhere and found nothing online except pretty big fish and whimsical. I just wanted some plain fish with no faces and not plastic looking.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 12:39 PM

Robin:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  

LOL I've been listening to Christmas music while I cut fabric for a new modern/Asian wall hanging. DH could not believe I was already listening to music since it's not even Halloween yet. I reminded him that last year I started listening to Christmas music in August. 

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 3:58 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Yes, those are the fish beads looking for. I have search everywhere and found nothing online except pretty big fish and whimsical. I just wanted some plain fish with no faces and not plastic looking.

Here's a link to their current offering http://www.eveningstardesigns.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-Ocean

The pic doesn't show the fish, but it has a few other things in it that are cute.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 6:00 PM

Linny t:

Here's a link to their current offering http://www.eveningstardesigns.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BS-Ocean

The pic doesn't show the fish, but it has a few other things in it that are cute.

The shells definitely look like something I would use. I can always use more leaves as well. Thanks for link Linny

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:19 AM

You're welcome, Lillie.

Linny T

Page 137 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev135136137138139Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use