rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 6:09 AM

Good Sunday to you all,

The game was great!  But I'm still cutting triangles and grading.   Yesterday was productive but we have far to go in the grading job, since I got so far behind with the first meal.   And the second one is in a few weeks and we have to start gearing up this week.   Roasted Pork Lion, Mac N' Cheese, Green Beans, Angel Biscuits and Apple Crisp, trying to capture a little fall in the mouth.   Hope it goes over as well as the first one.  

I also got a little side track looking at ornaments on pinterest yesterday.

I'm loving the fall shedding season this year.  Much like the trees I seem to be shedding some of the leaves that are weighing me down.  It is amazing the seasons that God will come to us and renew and trim us. 

Have a blessed an special Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:48 AM

Robin, I love your analogy about the falling leaves.  What a good way to look at life.  We don't get the fall look in the trees down here so much.  You really have to look.  Still, it's there.  I like to go on the leaf turning websites to look and remember the season.  This week we're expecting some cooler temps and drier air.  Hopefully it will stay around more than a day or 2.  

I hope you catch up on your grading.  Your next dinner makes me hungry.  Yummm...apple crisp...mmm.  

I hope you have a blessed and special Sunday, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:06 AM

Hi Everyone

Robin--I love fall too---love the changes of seasons.  We don't have any fall leaves yet that I can see.  It was 86 on Saturday!    

I am amazed at all the work you do for school on your days off.  Don't remember my dad doing that at all.  I remember years ago teachers complaining about all of their "homework"  My homework was worrying about patients and the work I didn't get to do because of low staffing.  That was earlier in my career.  When I did home care, I did a lot of charting at night that I didn't get to during the day.  Took a lot of time but I got used to it.  Looks like you are busy as usual.

I didn't go to church today because they are having General Conference which is televised.  I am taping it.  

My Travis is getting more active like a normal dragon.  He doesn't always want me to pick him up now but is still nice.  I have one that I call Charlie Brown.  He is dark and tiny and eats only the greens.  He looks healthy though.  I am watching him.  Four of them are so large and beautiful looking.  So healthy.  They should sell easily.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:52 PM

Robin,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the game and got to work on cutting your triangles and grading. You next dinner sounds yummy. Angel biscuits sound intriguing and I love Apple Crisp!

pinterest has some gorgeous stuff on there. It's easy to get lost for an hour or two just taking it all in. I wish though that when you clicked on the picture links it would take you to the website that it originated from. I saw a couple gardening projects and the link didn't take me to the DIY site that showed how to construct them.

Robin:
I'm loving the fall shedding season this year.  Much like the trees I seem to be shedding some of the leaves that are weighing me down.  It is amazing the seasons that God will come to us and renew and trim us. 

Love this. We don't get the fall leaves here either, and like Linny I go out in search of beautiful fall pic's. And always have to pick up a beautiful mum or two. I have some pictures in my sewing room of fall leaves changing in the trees. The colors and thoughts of brisk air are so invigorating. 

Hope you have a blessed Sunday too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:53 PM

Linny t:
This week we're expecting some cooler temps and drier air.  Hopefully it will stay around more than a day or 2.  

Me too! We have outside work to do before customers come home, and it would sure be nice to have it be cooler. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:57 PM

Diane:

My Travis is getting more active like a normal dragon.  He doesn't always want me to pick him up now but is still nice.  I have one that I call Charlie Brown.  He is dark and tiny and eats only the greens.  He looks healthy though.  I am watching him.  Four of them are so large and beautiful looking.  So healthy.  They should sell easily.

Do they ever just crawl in your lap? Charlie Brown sounds cute. I wonder if he'll acquire a taste for crickets as he gets older. I'd love to see some progress pic's of them growing up when you have time.

Happy Sunday to you too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:38 PM

Diane, I really love hearing about your dragons.  Charlie Brown, how cute.  Is he the "runt"?  I hope they sell easily for you.  How long do you have to keep them before you can sell them?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:42 PM

Stephanie:
And always have to pick up a beautiful mum or two.
 Me, too.  I love mums.  I love the way they smell.  I haven't seen any around here except at Wynn Dixie.  I don't buy their plants because they always die fast and they cost too much.  I think they over-fertilize them so they get full of flowers.  They look pretty in the store, but a week later they start to die.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:14 PM

I could sell them in a week when they are 6 weeks old.  I put an ad in The Gazette to run on the 16th.  Probably the beautiful large ones will sell first.  I have 4 of those.  My little Charlie Brown is the runt.  He is healthy and is still eating greens.  He will lighten up when he gets bigger.  He'll eat crickets one day I'm sure. Here it is!

I also added a photo of the babies to the ad.  That should help.

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 4:37 AM

Diane:

I could sell them in a week when they are 6 weeks old.  I put an ad in The Gazette to run on the 16th.  Probably the beautiful large ones will sell first.  I have 4 of those.  My little Charlie Brown is the runt.  He is healthy and is still eating greens.  He will lighten up when he gets bigger.  He'll eat crickets one day I'm sure. Here it is!

I also added a photo of the babies to the ad.  That should help.

Wow, Diane,   What a great shot!   They look so big already.   Does Mom and Dad pay them any attention?

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:03 AM

Good Morning everyone,   I wish we were all in a convertible this morning headed down this road on the way to apple picking and quilt shops.

Got most of the grading done yesterday.   Still got some stuff for one class.   I got way behind on everything this nine weeks with the prep for the first meal.   Because in addition to fixing the meal we had to work out all of the decorations for the tables and service appointments.  But I should get caught up this week.   I got all of the triangles cut out yesterday and started matching them up yesterday.  I figure if I match up everything before I start to sew then I'll be able to chain stitch the lot. 

Diane, it's funny how different churches do things.   We've been on a three week series about how do you know that God's word is the truth.  It's been pretty amazing to see all of the patterns in the word and in history that verifies the bible.  But it was more how if you know God's word is the truth then you know God.  Yesterday focused on the Holy Spirit.   The pastor did a wonderful job breaking it down but I think the one of the first things he said was so powerful.  He was told by an instructor that it is not your job to write great sermons but to preach the sermons given to you by the holy spirit.    It transferred over to me as it is not your job to plan out what you will do everyday but to move as I direct you each day.  Which might explain why I'm known for being a meddling teacher sometimes. 

Linny,  How's Barb doing?

Stephanie,  I know what you are saying about pinterest.   I love the site but I get so aggravated when the pin doesn't take me to the place of the post.  I also get really aggravated with the post that take me to someone's etsy store when the post is under DIY.  If you want to advertise your stuff post it under the right category.  Or it takes you to a totally none related spot on the internet then it's like you lost in the woods standing at the crossroads of the internet.

Lillie,  Are you back?

Darlene,  I hope you mom is doing better.

Jo,  How's everyone in your part of the world?  Did your shoulder shot help any?

In closing I leave you with the words from a David Crowder song "Oh How He Loves Us"

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 7:42 AM

Diane:

Here is my work on the RR block I showed you before and the finished quilt.  It is queen sized.  

Diane-the block is so lovely. Your work is always beautiful and always brings the block to life.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 7:50 AM

Oh Diane! They are so cute. How exciting for you. Do they all like to sit in your lap? Or just Travis?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 10:26 AM

Lillie--glad to see you are back!  Thanks for the compliment on my RR block.  I am usually unsure of my work so I hope the owner is happy.

About these dragon--they are unpredictable and easily distracted so sitting on my lap is out! lol  I have to hold them in my hand with my fingers wrapped loosely around them so when they get startled of want to jump I can hold them tighter.  Travis is milder.  He stays and gets more relaxed.  When I got to pick him up he isn't scared of me and doesn't run away.  I had to mark him again yesterday because it was getting light.  I hope I get a lot of responses to my Gazette ad.  I am selling them for $50 which is about $20 less than the pet store.  These guys are great for kids because they are easy to care for and don't bite.

I have to start on my next RR block.  The cleaning lady came yesterday.  I am so fortunate to have her even though is't only once a month.  I try to keep it up especially before she comes so she can get to what she wants to clean. lol

Robin--what a gorgeous picture you shared with us!  I can't believe you are having fall so early---for us anyway.  

In my church the Holy Ghost is the one who guides us like yours.  I feel the presence of my family everyday.  I talk to them and tell them what I appreciate and what I don't.  I have felt more forgiving since I am able to do that.  I was at a point where I didn't want to see them in the spirit world when I pass.  But now I feel better and miss them in spite of the bad things they did.  It still makes me tearful.  I also get tearful when I think of the pets which have died---especially my iguana Bubba.  He was such a sweet pleasure.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,149
Points 42,800
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 11:02 AM

Robin---the parents of the dragons couldn't care less about them.  They look at them as food.  Even alligators take their babies to the water when they are hatched. 

The picture is a close up.  They are still small and cute.

Page 136 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev134135136137138Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use