My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:36 PM

I don't remember that trial, but Travis is a good name for your boy.  I think the real Travis appreciates it, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 5:02 AM

Linny t:

Robin:
Linny and Stephanie,   I'm eclectic too.  I do tend to lean towards the muted shades of red and green.   But I'm fine and excited for whatever.
 Is this more like Victorian Christmas red & green?

Did you have a bit of Fall chill?  I do notice a few degrees in the AM, but it's HOT during the day still.  

Happy Thursday to you, too!

Not necessarily it's the deep ones.  But it's really not that big of a deal I love lots of colors so just go crazy.

Yes,  We are getting some of that fall smell and temps.

The Morning temps are really nice right now like in the low 70's and the day is hanging in the low 80s it's weather I can certainly live with.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 5:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are ready for Friday because it's here!

I hope you all have a great day.   Mine is of course filled with teenagers.  Four periods taking test, one demonstration and work, work, work for the other 2.  

This weekend is filled with paper grading, weed pulling, triangle cutting and of course stitching. 

Hope to post you all some pictures this weekend too.

Love Ya,

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,523
Points 138,808

Happy Friday to you too!

I think I've got the idea on the colors. Not the bright red and green, more of the darker brugundy red and spruce type greens, or enough depth in color to know the bright off.

You have a busy day planned with it spilling over into your weekend looks like. Great to hear you have a mindset of working on your quilt as part of the weekend. Look forward to seeing your pic's.

Love u too,

Steph  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:53 AM

Stephanie:
Right now for me, it's health first vs. weight loss second.  For the weight loss,  I have over a year before Paul's wedding, and a goal of losing 60-70 lbs.  

Stephanie--as I said Weight Watchers is  a great diet for a diabetic.  You have your meat, veggies, and carb.  It's usually 30 grams or less carbs per meal.  If you can stick to that you will be fine.  And the weight will come off too.  Have a snack when you work with some carbs so you won't go crazy with hunger and eat a sub to get you blood sugar up.  As I said, I found a small box of raisins helpful. Also a little protein with that would help keep your blood sugar stable.  It sounds like you are doing fine. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:23 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are ready for Friday because it's here!

So cute Robin---I had to post it again!!!

I am working on the next RR block.  I wish I could join in the orney exchange and I think I will regret it.  Promise me we will have it next year Linny!  Starting in August maybe?  

Linny--do you think Tavis is a funny name for a dragon? lol  When I got Guido, I asked him if I could rename him Travis.  I felt him say "my name is Guido"  I guess I'm a weird old bird. (o:

I hope you all have a great day.   Mine is of course filled with teenagers.  Four periods taking test, one demonstration and work, work, work for the other 2.  

This weekend is filled with paper grading, weed pulling, triangle cutting and of course stitching. 

Hope to post you all some pictures this weekend too.

Love Ya,

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:28 AM

Well my last posting didn't turn out well. lol  It looks like I posted Robin's post and spoke in between!  Oh well.  I'm sure you can figure it out!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:39 AM

Diane:

I am working on the next RR block.  I wish I could join in the orney exchange and I think I will regret it.  Promise me we will have it next year Linny!  Starting in August maybe?  

Linny--do you think Tavis is a funny name for a dragon? lol  When I got Guido, I asked him if I could rename him Travis.  I felt him say "my name is Guido"  I guess I'm a weird old bird. (o:

Diane, I don't think Travis is a funny name for a dragon at all.  I have had weird names for my pets over the years...I name them for how they act and make me feel. I think that's so cool about Guido letting you know he wasn't a Travis.  By the way, I looked up about Travis and wow, that was a horrible thing.  So, I see how you could have had him stick in your heart enough to name a pet after him.  

I think the ornament exchange should be every year and if you'll help me remember we'll start next year in August.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 4:27 PM

Thanks Linny

It was a horrible thing about Travis Alexander.  He was a great guy with lots of friends.  He taught motivational speaking.  He had come up with a bad childhood with both parents being drug addicts.  The family--2 sisters and a brother sat through the trial and were very emotional saying that he was the glue that held the family together.  Jody Arias got life in prison even though she met the the elements needed for the death penalty but the jury said life.  The state is retrying the penalty faze only which is a strange law in Arizona.  The family wants death.  She was on the stand holding everyone hostage for 18 days.  We got to hear all about her life and her sex life with Travis and claimed that he abused her.  No one bought it because she lied so many times.  I think the jury didn't want to put her to death because they got to know her and she is a young attractive woman.  The way she killed him is sickening.  She used a knife and gun and claimed she had a blackout and didn't remember any of it.  The state put on a great case.  The prosecutor was Juan Martinez who argued a strong and forceful case---he did a great job.  It will be interesting to watch them retry the penalty  phase.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,523
Points 138,808

Diane,

That was pretty wild with your post happening in between Robin's, but I got it.

I like the name Travis. My first  relative thought was of Randy Travis. I wasn't aware of the trial, and it's very disturbing that any judgement could be persuaded by someone's looks. It really saddens me to read his history.Just the fact that he dedicated himself to being a motivational speaker, and the bond that he had with his siblings. Well, it's just heartbreaking that someone could do this to him in such a brutal manner.  You'd think with his history, he might have been keener to her personality, but the heart wants what the heart wants, doesn't it? She'll get what she deserves in the end.

As for your baby dragon, I think that the Travis you named him after would be pleased in knowing that you followed his case, felt empathy for his family, and are remembering him thru your dragon. I think it's pretty cool.

Thanks for the input on the diet. Down 10lbs at the end of the 3rd week. I am happy that I took a snack today. I've been overactive this week from my normal schedule and needed the extra. I think after this week, I'll just update once a month, that is as long as I don't have questions or problems that I run in to. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice. Thank you.

Almost forgot to mention: I think it's so neat the Guido sent that message to you about his name. When I adopted my cat from the humane society, someone had named him Sly. He just didn't look like a Sly to me. Needless to say that when they neutered him to send him home with me, he came out of the anestetic and was staggering like the town drunk "Otis" on Andy of Mayberry. I laughed and called him Otis, and he liked it and came right over to me. LOL. They do let us know. He's my Bubba. :0). 16 years and counting....

And for the ornaments, I think we should do them every year, and come August jump in and remind us!. Until then, hope you can post a pic of your work quilt, and hope you have a great time working on your new RR.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,523
Points 138,808

My goodness it has been a busy week here too.

Of course I've had my usual work days (boring), but on my interim days off I've been out and running around. Might not sound like much, but usually I'm couch bound on these days from the overexertion of doing the physical work.  I took a friend to the doc on Tuesday and we hung out for a while. But Thursday, I went with another friend to a museum exhibit that was pretty cool. I haven't been to a museum since I was in grade school, take that back, one time. The Ringling Museum in Florida.

And tomorrow, an engagement party! Oh my goodness! I've just become a social butterfly in a week. LOL. Kidding of course, the timing has just been crazy, and I wish you could see my house, Looks like a hurricane has been thru. LOL. Housework will be here when I get back. For now, it's all about enjoying friendships...

Wishing all of you a great weekend!    

Steph

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:38 AM

Good Morning everyone,

I know that your all off to a swell Saturday! 

I'm up and going to cut some more triangles before I go to the school and work on some grading.  I'm going to be back by 12 so I can watch the FSU game.   Hoping they are great for their first game against a rank team.   Hard to say with a Freshman QB.  Then I believe my youngest has some weeding scheduled.   She has taken up 30 minutes of weeding a day as her exercise.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,523
Points 138,808

Good morning Robin.

You are up and at it early, and I hope you have a great time cutting those triangles and envisioning your quilt. What a way to start the day!

Robin:
Then I believe my youngest has some weeding scheduled.   She has taken up 30 minutes of weeding a day as her exercise.

How awesome for you to have her choose weeding for excercise. Woohoo! More time to quilt. I've read that gardening is a great all around exercise.

Hope you have fun watching the game this afternoon, and that you get your school tasks finished.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:29 AM

Robin, sounds like a perfect Saturday to me.  How great that your daughter has chosen gardening as exercise.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:50 PM

Lillie---how are you doing?  Are you back home with all the snow?  Weather sounds terrible up there.  Too early for 3 feet of snow!

Page 135 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev133134135136137Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use