My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,403

Diane:

I was on oral medication for a few years then when it stopped working I started insulin.    I drew it up from a vial for a while then I used the insulin pen.  Mine is in my family.  One bother is Type I and one is Type II.  They thought I was Type II for awhile but they did a test called Pepsid AC( I think that's the name)  and I have no insulin in my body now.  I am now Type I.  The pump works great and since I was giving myself 6 shots a day for awhile and had a lot of bruises.  You may want to get that Pepsid test--I wish I had had it before.  There was really no way for me--I was destined to be Type I.  I don't know it the diet would have helped me much except it would have kept my blood sugar stable for awhile.

I was so sorry to read this. I can't imagine what you've gone thru with the shots and everything. I'll check for that test on my results.

Mike's Dad was diagnosed in his 40's and it  shook my to my core as the years passed and he couldn't stop his addiction to sweets. 3 heart surgeries, 3 strokes, lost a foot, lost a leg, lost both legs along with one hospital visit after another. He'd have a donut and play with his insulin. I spent 35 years of family vacations going to Michigan instead of visiting my family because we were sure he'd never live another year. It was torture to my very soul to watch him and my MIL go through half of his life like this. Half. He's my driving factor.  

Now, since Jo told us about where your post is about the dragons, I must go find it.... Hugs and prayers out to you in healing....

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:33 PM

Stephanie--I am so sorry to hear about what your Dad went through.  Diabetic care has improved so much.  It's hard to get off sweets.  After I did that, I wanted more bread. LOL  Carbs are carbs now matter what form.   Your body doesn't understand where they come from.  Some just absorb quicker than others.

I had a upsetting thing happen to me today.  I was holding my little Travis.  He was relaxed as usual and was staring at his father dragon.  Suddenly he got spooked and jumped out of my hand. I immediately thought of the dragon who jumped off and I have never found.   I couldn't find him after looking for several minutes, so upset.  I even thought of calling the missionaries to help me find him.  I was calling and calling him.  Then I sat down in my chair and started to cry.  A few minutes later, I looked up and saw him sitting and waiting a few feet away.  I went over an scooped him up.  He was so cold.  I held him in my closed hand (he is still so little) and wouldn't let me put him down for an hour!  He just closed his eyes and looked so secure.  Now tell me that animals don't understand us!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,403

Diane,

Bless your heart. I can imagine your worry. Being that small he could have gotten into any little place. Sweet to hear that he came back out and snuggled with you for an hour. He sounds bound to you now. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:36 AM

Stephanie:
He sounds bound to you now. 

I think he is Stephanie!  At this age I wouldn't expect them to return.  He is a special little guy.  I was thinking if he was gone, I would have to pick another and none of them are as calm and sweet as he is.  My best friend is amazed at how I can see what's going on with them so well.  I'm with them all day every day so I watch . (o:   They call me "lizard lady" LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:42 AM

Here is my work on the RR block I showed you before and the finished quilt.  It is queen sized.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:56 AM

Diane:
and the finished quilt.  It is queen sized.

This is a mistake.lol  I was going to show you a pic of my work quilt but couldn't find it.  I'll try later.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:16 AM

Diane:
I had a upsetting thing happen to me today.  I was holding my little Travis.  He was relaxed as usual and was staring at his father dragon.  Suddenly he got spooked and jumped out of my hand. I immediately thought of the dragon who jumped off and I have never found.   I couldn't find him after looking for several minutes, so upset.  I even thought of calling the missionaries to help me find him.  I was calling and calling him.  Then I sat down in my chair and started to cry.  A few minutes later, I looked up and saw him sitting and waiting a few feet away.  I went over an scooped him up.  He was so cold.  I held him in my closed hand (he is still so little) and wouldn't let me put him down for an hour!  He just closed his eyes and looked so secure.  Now tell me that animals don't understand us!!!
 Diane, he is so definitely your dragon.  I am so glad you found him.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:18 AM

So pretty, Diane.  This is such a sweet block.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,403

Diane:
 At this age I wouldn't expect them to return.  He is a special little guy.  I was thinking if he was gone, I would have to pick another and none of them are as calm and sweet as he is.  My best friend is amazed at how I can see what's going on with them so well.  I'm with them all day every day so I watch . (o:   They call me "lizard lady" LOL

LOL. I hope he will grow up and be as special to you as Bubba? was.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,403

Your work on the block is so pretty Diane. I love the trailing ribbon and the little sparkle on the edges. The delicate daisies fit right into that fabric.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:47 PM

Stephanie:
LOL. I hope he will grow up and be as special to you as Bubba? was.

Bubba was truly a special guy.  I will never have another like him.  I think Travis will be so special.  Every time I take him out he snuggles in my hand.  Bubba was an snuggler too.  Thank you for remembering Bubba.  Sometimes I wish he was here just for a day.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,115
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you day has started off with a bright spot and little bit of Fall chill.

I will gladly post some pictures of the fabrics for my quilt as soon as I can get some together.

Diane your work on the block is lovely.   I'm also delight to learn that Travis returned to the shelter of your hands.   Hopefully he is not entering the mischievous preschool age early and thinks hide and go seek is a fun game.

Linny and Stephanie,   I'm eclectic too.  I do tend to lean towards the muted shades of red and green.   But I'm fine and excited for whatever.

Lillie,   Hope you have a good time in Portland.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:10 AM

Robin:
Linny and Stephanie,   I'm eclectic too.  I do tend to lean towards the muted shades of red and green.   But I'm fine and excited for whatever.
 Is this more like Victorian Christmas red & green?

Did you have a bit of Fall chill?  I do notice a few degrees in the AM, but it's HOT during the day still.  

Happy Thursday to you, too!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:45 AM

Diane, just curious.  What made you pick the name Travis for him?  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,091
Points 41,775
Diane replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:11 PM

Linny----I spent months watching the trial of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander.  I don't know it you remember it but she killed him in a horrible way.  Travis became such a real person to me during the trial.  So he got a lizard named after him. LOL

Page 134 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev132133134135136Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use