My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 10:31 PM

Linny and Lillie---I posted today a long email about what's been going on and talked about the dragons.  I don't know if you saw it.  I know it made it because I got it back in my mail box.  

The dragons are getting larger---some more than others.  I can sell them in 3 weeks.  I have found one who seems to be so relaxed.  He doesn't run away when I reach for him and he loves to stay out.  So sweet.  I named him Travis and am going to keep him.  I put a mark on his back so I will know who he is.

The dragons are hungry all the time.  They eat the kale and the crickets I give them 2x a day and want more.  I know they are males too.  Besides checking one of the larger ones, they have big block heads more like a male.

I hope you find my email.  Did anyone else see it?

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 6:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Well I'm up and running even if the government isn't. 

The events in my life have calmed down some so I have time for a few more things like posting to you guys and getting the old polish off my toe nails.  As the kids would say "Sweet!"

Lillie,  Your trip sounds like fun.  I know you will have a good time catching up with your friend.

Diane,  I don't do email so I can't tell you I saw it.  But I did see a post a while back that had a lot of info on the dragons.  I remember you mentioning the males would have more of a blocked head.

Linny,  2 got it.  Do we have a deadline?   Also could I get a little info from you and Stephanie about the colors that dominate your world at Christmas.  Are you red and green people?  Victorian, Traditional, Eclectic.   Sorry for the questions but I would like to individualize them to your taste.

I hear my hubby's keys rattling sounds like the bell to me.   Got to run.

Have an Terribly Happy Tuesday!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:08 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:
I'm going to Portland on Wed-Sun to visit a dear friend that just moved there this past Aug. I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, we have no  plans for the rest of the year. Which is OK with us.
 That'll be fun for you.  How far away is Portland from you?  Will it be a long drive or a short "fly"?

I think it's a 2.5 hour flight. It's been raining like crazy there this past weekend. But supposed to be sunny and cool the whole time I'm there. My friend is really looking forward to the sun. Oh, and my visit too!  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:10 AM

Diane:

I hope you find my email.  Did anyone else see it?

Oh bummer Diane. I did not see your email. But thank you for this one that you sent.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:
it's called Sunflower Abundance.  This quilt is for my niece, she graduated from high school last year and I do quilt for for the graduate as a Christmas present the following year.   Partly because I started it this way and partly because I don't have time to get it done before then.   I had planned on doing it over the summer but it took me all summer to find the fabrics. 

That's a beautiful pattern. I'd love to see a sneak peek of your fabrics if you have time.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It would be fun to take some before and after pic's for each 20 lbs. The WW site keeps track of all the weekly stuff, and I can print them. Good idea.

Robin:
We got seven or eight emails congratulating us on the meal and even some tips.   The kids were so proud of their accomplishment.

That's awesome that people took the time to email. Sounds like all of you really did a great job and have every right to be proud!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:
I joined WW online but have not done anything with it. What a waste and bad on me! I really must start using it. Even my doc says it's a great tool and the recipes are great.

Don't feel bad. I actually signed up last year and used it about two weeks and quit. Kept paying though. There's a real commitment to doing all that tracking,  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:

Stephanie--if you can continue to eat well---weight watchers is like a diabetic diet---you could beat this.  I couldn't do that but I know some people who lost weight and stayed on a low carb diet eating meat, cheese and fish and veggies and controlled it well. 

When you said, you couldn't do that, did you find out too late and have to be put on insulin? 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie:

I'm going to Portland on Wed-Sun to visit a dear friend that just moved there this past Aug. I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, we have no  plans for the rest of the year. Which is OK with us.

Hope you have a great time with your friend.

We have company coming in Oct and Feb, and outside of that not really any plans. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
---I posted today a long email about what's been going on and talked about the dragons.  I don't know if you saw it.  I know it made it because I got it back in my mail box.

I didn't see it come through either. Is it on a page here?

Diane:

The dragons are getting larger---some more than others.  I can sell them in 3 weeks.  I have found one who seems to be so relaxed.  He doesn't run away when I reach for him and he loves to stay out.  So sweet.  I named him Travis and am going to keep him.  I put a mark on his back so I will know who he is.

That's so neat. Travis sounds like a sweetheart. It  must be really fun to see them thrive and grow like that. I'm so happy for you. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:
Also could I get a little info from you and Stephanie about the colors that dominate your world at Christmas.  Are you red and green people?  Victorian, Traditional, Eclectic.   Sorry for the questions but I would like to individualize them to your taste.

I'm eclectic. Anything goes. How about you?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 9,570

Stephanie:
-I posted today a long email about what's been going on and talked about the dragons.

Diane, I found your post about the dragons.....it is in "Welcome to Crazy Quilt" not  "My Day 2". That is why we missed it. I don't usually check there. I found it when I started looking for your post.  That is weird that the sex is determined by the temperature. How are your other ones doing? Moma/etc. How many other ones do you have?

Darlene, sorry about your mother; I have heard that often the hip breaks and they fall, not the other way around.  A lady in my church had a hip replacement a couple of years ago and she is doing fine. She is about my age, 74.

Lillie, have fun with your girlfriend.  It is fun to get together and act like teenagers again!

Stephanie, are you just doing WW on line? Do you weigh yourself and post it? There is a WW group here in town.  Several people have lost a lot on it; but it seems like once they stop going the weight comes back.  Do you fix potatoes and other carbs for your family? I have thought about going off all those "white" things, but I know I would have to fix them for George and that would be hard if I am not eating them.  Too much temptation.   

I am going to physical therapy twice a week for my balance.  I hope it helps.        Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:19 AM

Robin:
Linny,  2 got it.  Do we have a deadline?   Also could I get a little info from you and Stephanie about the colors that dominate your world at Christmas.  Are you red and green people?  Victorian, Traditional, Eclectic.   Sorry for the questions but I would like to individualize them to your taste.
 Just as long as we get them by Christmas.  I'm eclectic, too.  Whatever seems pretty to you, I know I will love it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 3:27 PM

Stephanie:
When you said, you couldn't do that, did you find out too late and have to be put on insulin? 

I was on oral medication for a few years then when it stopped working I started insulin.    I drew it up from a vial for a while then I used the insulin pen.  Mine is in my family.  One bother is Type I and one is Type II.  They thought I was Type II for awhile but they did a test called Pepsid AC( I think that's the name)  and I have no insulin in my body now.  I am now Type I.  The pump works great and since I was giving myself 6 shots a day for awhile and had a lot of bruises.  You may want to get that Pepsid test--I wish I had had it before.  There was really no way for me--I was destined to be Type I.  I don't know it the diet would have helped me much except it would have kept my blood sugar stable for awhile.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,655
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 3:38 PM

Robin---I didn't mean email---I meant "post". lol  Sounds like you have been so busy as usual.  I love the quilt that you are doing for your niece.  It looks difficult to me but I am sure you can do it.  What colors are you using?  I wish I had been at your dinner. YUM

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Norma Doll:
Stephanie, are you just doing WW on line? Do you weigh yourself and post it? There is a WW group here in town.  Several people have lost a lot on it; but it seems like once they stop going the weight comes back.

Years ago I used to do the meetings. They were a lot of fun, but I had a buddy that went with me. We'd share the losses and the experience. Funny women would share stories of how they hid sweets in their car, under their mattresses, and one duct taped candy bars under the toilet lid. Their husbands couldn't understand why they weren't losing weight. LOL. I think  the "gain it back and then some" is often due to  a mindset of a starvation factor during the diet to lose the weight to a goal. People burn out on knowing the foods that help them lose and old habits come creeping back in. Some with sweets and some like me with carbs like chips, etc. .

Norma Doll:
I have thought about going off all those "white" things, but I know I would have to fix them for George and that would be hard if I am not eating them.  Too much temptation.

You wouldn't have to give up these things completely. I spent the first couple weeks now pretty much banishing myself from the white stuff and think along the line have realized I may have a gluten allergy with white bread and flour. The two times I've eaten it, I have had some gastric distress reactions to it and that "brain Fog" that's really hard to understand unless you go thru it. It's one of those things I can live without. I've found alternative breads. With potatoes, I just have to measure and feel satisfied with 1/2 cuo or even a couple bites.I can do that. It's even better than before when  I'd just load my plate with them and meat and feel sedated. The theory is to fill your plate with 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 meat and 1/4 carb's. (Potato, bread, corn, etc) That's do-able for me. Mike is free to have anything he wants, but he loves salads and veg's so he's had no complaints. I still keep him stocked with the things he loves but have developed a mindset that I just won't/can't eat them.As bad as I was feeling before I started this, ( foggy brained, no energy, sinus, depressed, not sleeping, anxiety) in just a little over two weeks it has changed my life. I really wouldn't care if I dropped a pound as long as I could feel like this. I realize that everyone's systems are different, but this is a life saver for me and I'm commited to it.

Norma Doll:

I am going to physical therapy twice a week for my balance.  I hope it helps.        Hugs, Jo

I hope and pray for you that it helps too. Maybe those crystals that Linny mentioned in our inner ears need some therapy to get them re- alligned. Hugs back at ya!!!!

Page 133 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev131132133134135Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use