rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:10 PM

Stephanie:
Just had my second week weigh in and down 7 lbs. Almost 1 1/2 bags od sugar off my bones.

Yahoo for you!  That's really something!  All this is just from cutting out carbs?  What are some of your favorite food choices?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:13 PM

Jo, sounds like you made the right choice.  That's a lot of $.  Thanks for the info, too.  That's funny about the Dr. & his wife.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:16 PM

Robin:

I hope you have had a beautiful Fall Sunday.

I made it to church this morning but since then it's been school work and laundry.  I just got up and declared I was done for the weekend.  Roman was built in a day and neither will by gradebook.  

I'm fixing to spend some quality time with the rotary cutter.

Good for you, on all counts.  It bugs me when I have so much to do and it doesn't all get done, but you have to draw the line or it'll make you nuts.  Hope you had fun with your rotary cutter.  Is it with the triangle quilt?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:17 PM

Stephanie:
Have to give the Doc credit for that one. He was so thorough asking questions and caring, that he made me care too. Look forward to going back and having him see that I'm maing an effort, and tell him how much his help has changed my life.
 A good Dr. makes all the difference in the world.  He'll be so proud of you!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:48 PM

Linny t:
All this is just from cutting out carbs?

Yes, I never realized that was about 90 percent of what I ate on a daily basis. I always associated diabetes with big sweet eaters, but that's not the case. This diets been relatively easy for me as I like protein, cheese and all sorts of veg's. The hardest thing to give up or count in was potatoes. I hadn't been doing any portion control but plan to start that next.

Linny t:
What are some of your favorite food choices?

Chicken, eggs, cheese, and baby spinach. :0).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 6:52 PM

Sounds easy enough.  Do you use a carb counter?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:21 PM

I've been tracking foods online on Weight Watchers. They have a drop down on what you enter in their food tracking that will give you the carb count. Mostly it's been about checking labels on food and just staying away from the high counts. I have a book too, used mainly for fruits and veg's.  Because of the physical nature of my work, I've been keeping the count at around 30 a day. I saw a special on tv where these girls were put on 20 carbs a day and lost 28 lbs in 8 weeks. I'm not pushing for that rapid loss at my age. Right now for me, it's health first vs. weight loss second.  For the weight loss,  I have over a year before Paul's wedding, and a goal of losing 60-70 lbs.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,130
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 5:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Had to get up bright and early in order to type the worksheet I didn't type yesterday, so I decided to say good morning to all of you.

I had hope to cut some triangles this morning but the worksheet took longer than expected. 

The quilt I'm currently cutting is a piecing project.  When I originally picked it I didn't realize it was all triangles.  It's a Fons and Porter pattern from their summer of 2011 easy quilts, so I'm hoping that the it is easy it's called Sunflower Abundance.  This quilt is for my niece, she graduated from high school last year and I do quilt for for the graduate as a Christmas present the following year.   Partly because I started it this way and partly because I don't have time to get it done before then.   I had planned on doing it over the summer but it took me all summer to find the fabrics. 

I'm also working the wool project for by Mom for Christmas.  It's a small wallhanging and is appliqued as you quilt.  Right now I'm doing the words that say My mother, my friend, which is just a little embroidery.  I think after I finish the quilting I'm going to go in and embellish it with some beads.

Linny,  The Christmas Ornaments I need to make 2 is that correct?  or is there more that the three of us.   I lost count.   And are there any guidelines.

Stephanie, I'm so proud for you!  I know that with weight lost there are time when things seem to slow down so I hope you are writing yourself reminders of the triumphs as you go.

Jo,  My mother law had that surgery done early this year.  But it was breast reduction and tummy tuck.   When she showed me the incisions (voluntarily, people do strange things of pain meds) I was overwhelmed by the size and extend of the incision. 

Darlene,  When you get time I would love to hear about how your summer market days went, how Tim is doing and what's new with Kyle.   Your mom is on my prayer list as are you. 

Lillie,  What's on the agenda for this fall?

Diane,  What's new with the dragons?  How  old do they have to be before you can sell them? 

I'm not sure what this week will be like, I'm so glad to have the first meal behind us.   We have to start planning for the next meal this week and catch up on some of the book assignments that were assigned but not done so we have some grades for the grade book.   We got seven or eight emails congratulating us on the meal and even some tips.   The kids were so proud of their accomplishment.

This week we do have an auditor coming for Career and Technical Education which I'm a part of, but hopefully his one day visit will be short and sweet.

Happy Monday Everyone!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:55 AM

I joined WW online but have not done anything with it. What a waste and bad on me! I really must start using it. Even my doc says it's a great tool and the recipes are great. Twenty-eight pounds seems like a lot of weight to loose in just 8 weeks. Wonder if they were able to keep it off?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:57 AM

Robin - the Sunflower Abundance quilt looks really nice. What colors are you using in your nieces?

I'm going to Portland on Wed-Sun to visit a dear friend that just moved there this past Aug. I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, we have no  plans for the rest of the year. Which is OK with us.

Happy Monday everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 41,815
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:22 PM

Darlene---So sorry to hear about your mother breaking her hip.  It's so hard when someone dear to us is in the hospital.  I have seen a lot of people recover from this well--just takes time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 41,815
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:26 PM

Stephanie--if you can continue to eat well---weight watchers is like a diabetic diet---you could beat this.  I couldn't do that but I know some people who lost weight and stayed on a low carb diet eating meat, cheese and fish and veggies and controlled it well. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:57 PM

Robin, Sunflower Abundance is a pretty quilt.  Thanks for sharing the link with us.

As for the ornaments, just 2.  It's you, me and Stephanie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:09 PM

Diane, how's it going with the dragons?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,183
Points 111,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:50 PM

Lillie:
I'm going to Portland on Wed-Sun to visit a dear friend that just moved there this past Aug. I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, we have no  plans for the rest of the year. Which is OK with us.
 That'll be fun for you.  How far away is Portland from you?  Will it be a long drive or a short "fly"?

Linny T

Page 132 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev130131132133134Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use