My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 3:26 PM

Just thought I'd share another pinterest page with Christmas decoration ideas of all kinds  by Deanna Natarajan.  Fun to look...Fun to make, too.  If you've got the time...

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:53 PM

Linny,

Lots of inspiration on that page! Thanks for sharing...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I am still here, I've just been to busy to type you guys anything. 

We finally had our meal for our school restaurant and it was a success in the fact that everyone loved it.  We didn't make enough money to cover our expense though.  Hopefully that will improve with time and experience.  We have some work to do and some corrections to make but overall  it was a terrific experience.  Now I just have to top or maintain the standard.   The meal we served was Lasagna, Salad, Cheddar Bay Biscuits, and Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake. Everything was from scratch except the biscuits.   I used a mix I found at Sam's.   I could have easily done them from scratch but wanted the kids to have the knowledge of implementing a convenience food.

Since the meal is over I've actually slept the last couple of nights all night long.

Jo,  I'm very sorry to hear about all of you troubles.   I hope that you are on the mend soon.

Diane, Your block is beautiful.  Congrats on finishing the quilt.

Linny,  Thanks for the eye candy and the good news about Darlene.   The temperature have finally started dropping up here. 

Stephanie,  I hope that your work week went ok so that you can get some sewing time.

Today I'm planning on doing some school work yes.  But I'm also going to work on cutting out all of the half triangles for by niece's Christmas Quilt.  I've got to get it started.  I'm suppose to be down with it by now.   But first to tidy by work space for cutting and such.  

Hope you all have a terrific day.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:51 AM

Robin,

It was so goo to hear that your meal was a success and a good experience for you. Everyone worked so hard.I love Texas sheet cake. Haven't had it in years.

Hope you're able to get all your half triangles cut for your Niece's quilt and that the tidying up and school work go by quickly.

Good to hear from you! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:46 AM

Good morning girlfriends,

Just had my second week weigh in and down 7 lbs. Almost 1 1/2 bags od sugar off my bones.

I've got my tabletops cleared and ready for some ornament making. Have to work today, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start making those sketches I did yesterday come to life.

Hope everyone is doing well, and have a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:28 AM

Robin, it's so good to hear from you.  Glad the meal was such a success.  The first one must be stressful, but it'll get better after each one.  I bet the kids learned a lot.  Lasagna...mmmm...haven't had that in a long time.

Good luck with your triangles.  Did you figure out the ruler?  Hope your school work is easy and gets done quick and you have a terrific day, too.  

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

That is great, Stephanie, sounds like you are really sticking to it!! Keep up the good work!

I went to the plastic surgeon on Thurs. about the "tummy tuck".  I am not a candidate that Medicare will pay for.  TMI...your stomach has to come down past your "privates" and mine doesn't.  He did quote a price for him, hospital and anathesiologist  (sp?)  The price wasn't too bad, $7500.00. Insurance wouldn't pay for it. Anyway, I decided I could spend that money for something else that didn't involve a lot o pain. His wife is his nurse and she spent half an hour explaining all about the surgery and recovery. BTY...her and him both are big around as barrels. lol.  He is an older man; they have worked together 30+ years. He came in with a plaid shirt and big suspenders on; he looked like a farmer.  I told them we would think about it.  I told George I would just put up with it and wear a girdle.  He is glad I made that decision.   I am feeling better, thank heavens!!      Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:38 PM

Jo,

Made me smile to read about your plastic surgeon and his wife. What a hoot that he came in looking like a farmer. That's too bad that medicare and insurance won't foot the bill.

Thank you for the encouragement. If I'd have known how much better I'd feel on a low carb, low sugar diet I'd have done it years ago. Just to get rid of that brain fog and have more energy is amazing. It's funny along the way I think I have discovered that I may be one of those people allergic to gluten as well. Today I got treated with a new outfit and a trip to the Whole Foods store by my hubby. I found some gluten free bread, some deicious low carb snacks also gluten free, and a spread that was made of olives and vegetable oil that was to die for. It's nice to have some things on hand that are "different" than the basic meat, cheese and greens kind of thing. 

Good to hear you are feeling better, and thanks for checking in....Hugs back at ya.     

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Finally, I am here.  I got the message two days ago about what my issues were but haven't been able to try to get in until this evening.  It was still frustrating but Tim was stable and got me in.  Once I got in, I was no longer a member of this group and needed to join before I could reply.

My life has been crazy.  Latest thing to happen was that my mom fell yesterday and broke her hip.  She had surgery today to repair the hip and she is recovering tonight.  She has withered to a mere 80 pounds and so the pain meds are working extremely well for her.  Thus she is more than slightly confused.  Confused versus pain, I think confused is best.

I would love to share all of what has transpired since I last logged in but I don't want to bore you with all the details. 

I also want to say that there have been many moments when I have wanted to let you all know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Can't  begin to get to all of them but hopefully I will be here on a regular basis and we will just move forward.

Guess I need to get some sleep.  It has been a long day.  Hope you all have a Blessed Sunday

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:46 AM

Darlene,

So happy you have made it back! We've missed you.

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom fell and broke her hip and that her weight has become so slight.  My prayers are with her and you as well.

Your post was very touching, and you have been in our thoughts and prayers as well. You could never bore us with all the details of what's going on. I love your posts and hope that we can share some highlights and  yes, move forward as well with having you back with us.

Hope you got some rest and have a blessed Sunday as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 8:27 AM

Jo,

Thanks for the info on the tummy tuck. Glad that you are feeling better. This surgeon sounds like a hoot.

Yay for Stephanie. You go girl. It's so nice to actually see progress.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 8:31 AM

Glad to have you back Darlene.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and her hip. What are they giving her to eat to increase her weight? 80 pounds is not very much. Will she be coming to stay with you or is she in assisted living?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:54 PM

Good Afternoon everyone,

I hope you have had a beautiful Fall Sunday.

I made it to church this morning but since then it's been school work and laundry.  I just got up and declared I was done for the weekend.  Roman was built in a day and neither will by gradebook.  

I'm fixing to spend some quality time with the rotary cutter.

Jo,  I glad you are feeling better.

Stephanie, Sounds like you hit the nail on the head with the low carb diet.

Darlene,  Glad you found your way back.  I hope that your mom is well on her way to recovery.  My mom has weight 80 lbs or less most of her adult life.  She just can't make weight and keep it. 

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:36 PM

Robin:
I just got up and declared I was done for the weekend.

Good for you Robin! And good for you making it to Church too.

Hope all goes swiftly with the rotary cutter and you have those triangles cut out in no time.

Robin:
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head with the low carb diet.

Have to give the Doc credit for that one. He was so thorough asking questions and caring, that he made me care too. Look forward to going back and having him see that I'm maing an effort, and tell him how much his help has changed my life.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:08 PM

Darlene, I'm so happy to see a post from you.  I could fuss about the troubles on this site, but I don't feel like it.  I'm just happy you're back.

My love and prayers to your dear Mom.  Thank goodness there weren't any complications and she's recovering.  

Thanks to Tim for helping you get back on.  What are you up to these days?

Linny T

Page 131 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev129130131132133Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use