rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:01 PM

Hi Ladies,

Back from our mini retreat and had a blast.

Jo,

Hoping you and George are feeling better and will pray for Frank and Terry. Good to hear the daughter is there. Geez, ATV. I had dear friends that had always driven/ridden ATV's for years and years. Grandpa took grandson out for a ride at a family gathering and hit a hole and flipped it killing the grandson. It was a tragic accident, and one that no one would expect after riding them for so long. I used to worry to death when Paul had one. They are not riding mowers! They go fast. I guess I just want to relate that I understand your worry for your friends.

Diane,

So many happenings! So happy to read that your work quilt is finished!!!! Hopefully the washing goes well and yes, that man got a deal in $250 for hand quitlting, adding the borders, and binding. Hope it gives you some fun money. You certainly earned it. It's also good to hear the baby dragons are thriving and I hope the pet store changes it's mind about selling them especially after they sparked the interest that they would in the first place.

Your RR block looks like fun with the vintage theme. I see hats, and flowers....Have fun with it.

Hanging in there with the carb diet /blood sugar thing. Lost my first 3 lbs, had a couple weird happenings, one of which was becoming way too emotional, only to find out that I hadn't had enough sodium with the carb, fat balance. Should have read the preceding chapters before I dove into the diet part of the book. Overall, I'm managing really well, and feeling so much better that I can't even begin to tell you. No foggy brain, sharper focus, less sinus trouble, more energy, and a general sense of well being instead of depression. I see this not as a diet just to get blood sugar under control,  but a total lifestyle change for me.  And ya know what? Thanks for asking, and thanks for the input along the way.

Robin,

That's just great that you had a good time and that Donn got to see his paintings. How cool that you got to see one of Allies original CQ's. They had her class on Craftsy for half price the last couple weeks and I signed up. I may not do anything with it, but I'm so happy I did just to watch and always have access to her videos. They are very well done. I hope the trip refreshed you, and gave you and DH a time to regroup and just spend some fun time together...

Lillie,

Such a bummer about the replacement cost of you door! Wow! Great advice about the foam /fiberglass doors from Gini and Linny. We've had a trend here too for the last at least eight years for them. Too much rain. Metal rusts, wood rots and always some areas of standing water.

Sounds like you have done what you could to repair the damage, and I think if you get that storm door in soon, you'll still get a few years from your repairs in order to be able to list your house for sale and not have the worries of replacing it. (Even Bondo, as hard as it is can't stand up if the wood around it is still rotting and you still have the snow/water problem.) Everything organic is meant to rot and go back to the earth under those conditions. Or in our case to be eaten by some new form of ant or termite. LOL

Your Book club night sounded like a great success. All the food yummy, and isn't it neat that you got a whole new perspective on someone else's take on it. I love that. Life is about perception and perspective in so many ways. I think a Book Club is a great way to find new ways to look at things. WTG

Linny,

If you get 69 degrees on Sunday, I might make a road trip to see you. LOL

We spent the day in a house with the a/c off and it was 89 degrees with no air moving, and so humid I thought I was in a wet t- shirt contest. It wasn't pretty. LOL. On the other hand I am trying to lose weight, and if I was in a gym would have thought I'd had a great work out. LOL.   

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 9,615

Stephanie:
Hoping you and George are feeling better and will pray for Frank and Terry.

George bounced back real quick, he golfed in the senior league yesterday, 18 holes. Frank got to come home yesterday. He has a catheter in; has to go back in 3 days and get it removed. They stopped here and picked up a walker for him to use. I hope they didn't send him home too soon. He doesn't remember anything about the accident.   As for me...I have laid around every day since Fri., I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong; my throat is still a little scratchy and I just don't feel like doing anything. I am hoping I perk up today.  I don't like feeling this way!!   Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:07 AM

Jo,

So sorry to hear you are still under the weather. I had a bug a couple months ago that started with a sore throat and I was real low energy for a week. I know it's hard, but just try to get some rest.

I hope Frank hasn't been released too soon too.  They released our BIL in two days after falling and having bleeding on the brain. He's since regained his memory of the fall. Hopefully Frank will too. In and out with them these days I suppose. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:32 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

If you get 69 degrees on Sunday, I might make a road trip to see you. LOL

You're welcome any time.  It will probably last about a minute and a half, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:33 AM

Jo, hope you feel much better by the time you read this.  I'll keep Frank & Terry in my prayers hoping he didn't come home too soon.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:10 PM

I heard from Darlene, everyone.  She's been having login troubles apparently.  Hopefully we can get her back on here and hear all about what she's been up to.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:48 PM

Linny t:
I heard from Darlene, everyone

That's awesome news!!! Hope she can get things worked out soon and be back online with us....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 9,615
Norma Doll replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:00 AM

Hi Everyone,  We got a call from Terry last night; Frank is back in the hospital. He couldn't remember from one minute to the next anything they told him and was wanting to do things he wasn't suppose to, wouldn't eat or drink, wasn't urinating. They sent him home directly from the ICU; Terry questioned them about it and they said, "It is fine; no one around here has ever heard of that.  When she called the hospital and told them what was going on, they said bring him back and they would do some tests.  

I woke up at 8 this a.m. feeling worse, so I called and cancelled my PT and went back to bed (I never do that). I got up at 10:30 and I am going back to bed as soon as I am off here.   Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:38 AM

Jo, so sorry to read you are feeling bad, especially enough to make you go back to bed.  Hope you feel better soon.  That's scary about Frank.  Hope it something easy to correct.  Poor Terry must have been scared out of her wits.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:24 PM

Jo,

I'm so sorry you are still feeling ill. Maybe the best thing is to just rest in bed with the covers over your head. If you're still feeling poorly on Fri morning you should call the doc and get right in and see what the problems is.

Sorry to hear about Frank as well. They never should have let him leave the hospital so soon. I don't know what's the matter with docs these days. Too many patients and not enough time in the day to take care of all of them.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,146
Points 42,755
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:45 PM

Hi Jo

So sorry to hear about the health issues you have been enduring.  Usually, when someone leaves the hospital and needs watching a home care nurse is requested.  His doctor needs to order that and you need to go to the doctor soon.  It will only help.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 4:37 AM

Jo,

I too am so sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Praying for a healing for Frank as well.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:12 AM

Okay, Robin.  Starting to worry about you.  Are you alright?  I'm hoping you're just swamped with school and all...

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 7:24 AM

Me too Robin....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,810
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:48 AM

I wonder if everyone's having trouble logging on.  I'm still trying to get Darlene's troubles resolved.  Hope everyone is having a Happy Friday!

Linny T

Page 130 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev128129130131132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use