rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:17 PM

Linny t:

Here are some more ornaments.  Not patterns and not CQ, but beaded...beautiful!

They are beautiful. I'd have never thought of ornament covers, and what a great way to use some beads and boo boo beads that I bought and are too large for CQ.[

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:18 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

So, I've been thinking more about making ornaments and doing an exchange, so I wanted to find some printable pattern choices and boy did I find them here.

Some really awesome designs! I can see any of them adapted to CQ. I'm in! 

Bumped this.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:29 AM

Linny t:

Here are some more ornaments.  Not patterns and not CQ, but beaded...beautiful!

Linny, those are stunning. You've given me a whole new set I have to's. lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:04 AM

So, does anyone besides Stephanie and me want to do an ornament exchange?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 2:03 PM

Linny t:

I'm not sure I'll have the time to participate it this year. If we do anything Jan 2014 will be best for me.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 2:55 PM

hi everyone.  i have been so busy i haven't had time to keep up with all the groups.  i have caught up an all the posts here.  you've all been busy i see.  linny, the ornament exchange sounds intriguing.   are you thinking about embellishing over a glass ornament?   i'm not sure i have time before christmas this year, but next year i would like to know more. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,924
Points 38,600
Diane replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:52 PM

I'm not in for the ornament exchange---I want to finish what I am doing now.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:36 PM

Gini, for this group I was thinking the CQ ornaments.  That's what we do here, lol.  Although I have to say I didn't want to put many rules on it.  Just that we'd all send each other one that we made or made pretty some how.  I've seen some really pretty CQ ones.  So far Stephanie and I are going to do it this year.  Robin hasn't been online for a couple of days, so she might also.  Maybe next year more will think about joining in.  I'm looking forward to having one on my tree that came from a friendship I've formed here...maybe 2.  It'll be a wonderful keepsake.  The beaded ornaments are something I found while looking for patterns.  Aren't they lovely?  I will make some of them, I think, as gifts for my family this year.  The ladies in my family always exchange hand made items on Christmas Eve.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:37 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

I'm not sure I'll have the time to participate it this year. If we do anything Jan 2014 will be best for me.

That's too bad, Lillie, but I understand.  Maybe next year.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,852
Points 106,430
Linny t replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:38 PM

Diane:

I'm not in for the ornament exchange---I want to finish what I am doing now.  

I'm sorry, but I totally get it, Diane.  Maybe next year.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:03 PM

i was trying to figure out how you did crazy quilting in the round, these are flat ornaments then?   that sounds easier,  i migt be interested this year,  how big are you thinking.

this sounds a lot like the twinchie exchange i did.  we embellished little quilted squares of fabric,   this sounds more interesting.  becasue you can hang these on the tree they need to be double sided.  my twinchies are still in a box.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Lillie:

I wouldn't be interested in doing an ornament exchange. We don't do any decorating for Christmas. Today is the last day of our Lectorship. :<)  Then tomorrow I start my physical therapy.   Nothing new here.   Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:08 AM

Hi Gini! Good to have you check in. My first thoughts of you and ornaments were little homespun ones with appliqued snow men. Made me smile to think of them. I've been mulling over flat, cuffs and maybe even cutting out a leaf shape and attaching them in the centers to make a cuff to fit the center of and ornament. I thought if I put tiny bells on the points it would look almost like a court jester effect.

It's funny how the mind will wander and see so many possibilities.

I love those twinchies you do. Did you ever post a pic of the exchange. I'd love to see them.

Diane and Lillie,

Thanks for letting us know. I totally get it too.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 8:00 AM

Diane:

Stephanie--they do seem to be getting bigger.  I have 2 which are smaller and one runs to the corner trying to get out when he sees them all running around when I drop the crickets in.  He just freaks out.  He will eat crickets though.  I pick him up and calm him down by holding him in my closed hand.  He falls asleep and then I return him and he's ok.  They are all different,

Sorry, I missed this post.

Awe, even little baby dragons can have social anxiety.  It's really sweet that he responds to you in such a way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 8:43 AM

Just wanted to update on the diet thing. I have been paying for Weight Watchers and not been using it, so I started actively using it again. I have to keep track of carbs separate, but I wanted to make sure in the process I wasn't going over the scale in other things. And for Lillie, I wanted to let you know that if you have an iphone 5 there is a mobile app for tracking points for food. It's free for members and very easy to use. I have reminders set up for lunch at work so I don't have to remember what I had by the time I get home.

I can't believe in less than a week the physical changes I've felt. My mind is sharper, I don't feel bloated and miserable, already have more energy, and haven't had that gonna crash feeling. In the process so far I've pretty much cut out all bread, potatoes, pasta, sweets, chips. Haven't lost any weight yet because the meats and cheese I've had have a high fat content , but I'm working on that too. If for nothing else, just to feel better seems like a miracle.

I'm playing hookey today though. I woke up with crazy anxiety this morning. Mike thinks it's because we've had some family issues that I hadn't dealt with because of being so focused on what I can eat that it's all hit home. An old friend and my cousin in law with the melanoma have both been sent home in Hospice care. I hate cancer....

So today I'll deal with it, and hopefully put that anxiety to rest so I can be strong for the families in the next couple weeks.

I saw that Craftsy has Allie Allers class on sale for 1/2 price and signed up for it . I'm not going to interact by making the projects as of yet, but I am loving her videos. She's got such a calm nature and is very thorough. I love that these classes never expire.

Outside of that I am looking forward to the mini retreat that my dear friend and I have planned on Saturday. We're renting a hotel room, away from distractions of pets,etc and piling our machines and projects in there and plan to sew all day, hopefully uninterrupted. I can't wait!  We've both wanted to do the garden patch cats, and she has a really cute pattern for a paper pieced Christmas tress that looks like CQ. I've got to get my supplies together....

Hope you all are doing well and have a great day!  

Page 126 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev124125126127128Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use