rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:09 PM

Diane:
 The idea is to have about 30 carbs or no carbs per meal.  Get a good book that lists carbs.  The book my brother told me to buy is Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution.  It's pretty good.  Best of luck with your eating plan.

Oh thank you Diane. I thought it was per meal, and then I saw a special on tv that the girls were only allowed 20 per day and that threw me off. I found I have a book that list calories and carbs so that's a good start. Thanks for your support...

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:11 PM

Lillie:

I found this yesterday while I was looking around for stuff. It's on this web site. Her work is stunning. Her classes are really expensive. $600 for 5 days.

http://www.judithbakermontano.com/JBMwebsite/classes_html/classes_StudioTour.html#UnderTheSea

Looks like you stay in her guest house and get personal training, like a retreat. Wow.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 1:29 PM

Also Steph---If you want dessert, skip the carbs at dinner and have a half portion of the dessert.  I know a lot of people eat a salad then pie.  LOL  Try to eat things that will digest at a slower pace like whole wheat bread an pasta. Fruit and fruit juice is high in carbs but great when your blood sugar is low.  Eat 6 small meals a day to keep your blood sugar steady. I know it's hard to make changes like this.  I have been dealing with this for 20 years.  You can make changes slowly.  Sometimes I just eat baked french fries for dinner--not too many calories and carbs.  You have to find out what works for you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 1:35 PM

She does beautiful work Lillie.  I checked out the sites that Linny posted---wow!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 2:50 PM

Linny--I think you asked about the crickets.  They are not lasting as long as I thought.  I will have to order 2000 this time I think.  Also, a lot died so I hope I do better with them next time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:03 PM

Linny--I am feeding the twice a day---they probably eat 6 a day.  I will have to get a box every 10 days or so.  Ordering online is pretty cheap and in between time when I don't have crickets, they can eat chopped up kale for a few days.  I will try to have crickets all the time though.  It is funny to see them darting around to catch the crickets.  Some of them are pretty fat now!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:25 PM

Lillie---so sad about all the rain you are getting and the people having to deal with this problem.  I am glad you feel safe where you are. Praying for all of you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:35 PM

Diane,

Thank you for the added advice. I'm making some notes for when I shop, and will definitely pay attention to the 6 meals. That'll help keep me from feeling that crashy lightheaded, gonna be sick feeling. 20 years is a long time for you to have been doing this. Had a chuckle about the pie. Years ago in Weight Watchers my girlfriend and I worked together in a restaurant and went to the meetings together. We'd split a piece of apple pie and count it as a bread, a fruit and a fat. LOL. It worked, because every week we were still losing and we didn't feel deprived.

It's so good to hear the little ones are thriving on their crickets and kale. Are they getting bigger?   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 5:40 PM

Stephanie, one of the things I learned with Ricky, who was diabetic, was that cooked onions and tomatoes were very high sugar/carb.  Now I used them in many dishes to add flavor, so my whole way of cooking had to change.  I had to give him lots more salads because the veggies were raw and didn't convert to sugar in his intestines the same way.  Lots of leafy greens, nuts and healthy fats, like Avacado.  Good thing he liked greens.  He was type 2 and did have to take meds because he didn't alter his diet when they told him to.  Another thing they told him was to balance out carbs with fats and proteins.  Also, to think "rainbow" when preparing a meal.  All the colors...not just starch colors.  Do you have to use a meter to check your blood sugar?  Ricky had one and it really helped him understand how food affected his blood sugar.  

I'm glad you found out early enough to change your fate.  That Dr. is really pro-active to not make you wait until Monday for those results.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 5:43 PM

Lillie:

I found this yesterday while I was looking around for stuff. It's on this web site. Her work is stunning. Her classes are really expensive. $600 for 5 days.

http://www.judithbakermontano.com/JBMwebsite/classes_html/classes_StudioTour.html#UnderTheSea

Her work is amazing.  She's one of the first CQ artists I discovered online.  Did you check out the prices for her works in her store?  This one you posted is so rich and realistically interpreted.  Wonderful!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 5:45 PM

Stephanie:

Wow, Linny,

Talk about eye candy!!!! I put them in my fav's so I can go back and drool anytime I want. Those ornaments are really pretty, aren't they?

Linny t:
This, of course, got me thinking about you all.  Anyone interested in doing an ornament exchange this year?

What a neat idea! Yes.

This was getting lost in all the posts, so I'm bumping it back up to the top.  So far it's me and Stephanie.  Anyone else?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,665
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 6:41 PM

Stephanie--they do seem to be getting bigger.  I have 2 which are smaller and one runs to the corner trying to get out when he sees them all running around when I drop the crickets in.  He just freaks out.  He will eat crickets though.  I pick him up and calm him down by holding him in my closed hand.  He falls asleep and then I return him and he's ok.  They are all different,

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:32 AM

Diane, sounds like you've found a favorite :)

So, I've been thinking more about making ornaments and doing an exchange, so I wanted to find some printable pattern choices and boy did I find them here.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,155
Points 111,105
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:44 PM

Here are some more ornaments.  Not patterns and not CQ, but beaded...beautiful!

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,883
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:15 PM

Linny t:

So, I've been thinking more about making ornaments and doing an exchange, so I wanted to find some printable pattern choices and boy did I find them here.

Some really awesome designs! I can see any of them adapted to CQ. I'm in! 

Page 125 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev123124125126127Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use