My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:47 AM

You have had a really busy week Jo. Hope next week slows down a bit for you. Love the nails!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:07 AM

Jo---love the nail color!  I have wanted to try the gel for my toes.  Good luck with the bloodwork results.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:18 AM

Diane:
I am having so much fun with the dragons.  They are so cute and funny.  They are easily frightened and still two of them start jumping an trying to get out of the tank. I got my 1000 crickets today.  They are very small. They should take me a long way with the feedings.
 This made me smile :)

Diane:
We are having the quilting bee tomorrow at 1pm.  She is serving lunch and brownies for dessert.  I a trying to mark the quilt with X's.  I am so beat tonight so I'm going to rest.
 This is for your work quilt, right?  Sounds like tons of fun.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:19 AM

Lillie:

Diane:

Lillie--It's been in the news all day about the flooding in Colorado.  All that rain has really caused a lot of damage as well as people dying. I am wondering why you are getting all this rain. Be safe.

No worries here in Fort Collins Diane. We live up against the foothills and all the run off is going downhill away from us. Thanks for thinking of me.

Oh, thanks goodness.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:29 AM

Jo, your hands are so pretty.  They look very young.  You've really had a busy week, haven't you.  A couple of years ago my sister was having trouble with balance and one of the things they did was to put her on a table and then she had to tip her head over the back and let it hang there.  She said they told her she had some sort of crystals in her ears and they were trying to get them to move.  Have you heard of this?  

The cheerios worked for me.  I still eat them every day.  Of course I try not to eat the bad stuff, too.  I'm not always so good at that.  Don't know why they didn't work for you.  I know if you eat a meal high in Cholesterol the night b/4 your blood work it'll make a difference no matter how well you've been doing.  Lot's of people do this because they have to fast for the test so they overcompensate for their last meal.  I know this because I did it once and my Dr. told me about it.  Not saying that's what you did.  Sometimes our bodies just don't handle cholesterol the way they should.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Linny t:
 I know if you eat a meal high in Cholesterol the night b/4 your blood work it'll make a difference no matter how well you've been doing.

It probably had something to do with it, Linny.  We ate at Outback for lunch on Tues. but I had a grilled chicken salad.... and a Margarita plus their good bread. Then I had been hungry for pancakes, so we had them for dinner.  Thanks for the compliment on my hands; I was thinking later that they would have looked better with my rings on. I take them off when I am home because they are loose on my fingers and bother me when I am working.   I mixed up my cookie dough and it said to chill it for an hour or so; I just got it out and it is so cold and solid, I will have to wait till it warms up to roll it out.  I am making Kolachy, it has cream cheese and butter in the dough so no wonder it got solid.  I have never made them before, but they looked good.     Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:59 PM

Jo,

Your hands are beautiful and I did a "blow up" on the polish and it's beautiful with the sparkles and that perfect shade of pink I love so well. Way to go on losing the six pounds. Like you said, better than gaining. I've been into some really bad eating habits lately and have gained too much. I was on Facebook and seeing the recipe for yeast rolls had me drooling. LOL. One of my favorite Aunties used to make them and they rose so high and melted in my mouth. I'll have to save the recipe for when I lose my first 20lbs and reward myself.

Norma Doll:
I am making Kolachy, it has cream cheese and butter in the dough so no wonder it got solid.  I have never made them before, but they looked good.

And Oh yeah! Cream cheese and butter, We're we just talking about cholesteral a bit ago? LOL. I haven't heard of Kolachy but it sure sounds dreamy.

To all,

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I sure enjoy wildlife and nature and it's so fun to share with others that do as well.

Linny,

Thanks for the tips on how the Cheerios work for you. They really did for Mike too when he was eating them faithfully. Oatmeal too. I need to get on the program cause mines getting checked next month after a fast. Lucky for me I get to have a jump start on getting a handle on it.

The camera I used for the pic's isn't expensive. It had good ratings and the12x zoom is quite a bit more than I had expected really. I was at least 150 feet away from the ducks. Had to laugh too at the size of the feet. They must be youngsters. Kind of like big dogs growing into their paws, I wonder. 

Darn, I forgot what I was going to say next. Have to go back and reread. LOL  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:08 PM

Diane,

I hope you have so much fun at the quilting bee that it brings on a weekly tradition. And that all your babies are happily feeding on crickets and behaving themselves as curious youngsters do. If they get out the big ones won't eat them will they?

Lillie,

So happy to hear you are unaffected by the floods. It so neat that you had a hawk in your yard. You have a lot of wildlife too. Hawks are so regal looking. The young "red shoulder" hawk I had taken a picture of a while back has grown up now and is quite beautiful. I got a pic of him, but must have had shaky hands because it was blurry. I think He'll be back around and I'll try again. I hope you can get some of your hummingbirds one day.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:34 PM

Norma Doll:
I mixed up my cookie dough and it said to chill it for an hour or so; I just got it out and it is so cold and solid, I will have to wait till it warms up to roll it out.  I am making Kolachy, it has cream cheese and butter in the dough so no wonder it got solid.  I have never made them before, but they looked good.     Hugs, Jo
I love those, Jo.  My mom taught me how to make them.  Yummy yum!  What kind of center do you put in them?  We used apricot or prune filling and then dusted them with powdered sugar when they came out of the oven.  Brings back fond memories.  Hugs right back to you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,865
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds like you have all been pretty busy.   I'm so glad when I get to read about all of the things you all are up to.  

Same ole, same ole here!  School, home, school, home. 

I'm really looking forward to be gone next week.   Donn and I haven't gotten away from our collection of children in over a year and to be honest I'm just looking forward to a break from the routine.   And to see something different for a day or two might just do the trick to refreshing the mind. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:40 AM

Robin:
I'm really looking forward to be gone next week.   Donn and I haven't gotten away from our collection of children in over a year and to be honest I'm just looking forward to a break from the routine.   And to see something different for a day or two might just do the trick to refreshing the mind. 

Where are you gonna go?

I had a change up from my routine yesterday, and just meeting some new people and changing things up a bit from the norm is a good thing, isn't it? Especially when life becomes too much about work and it overlaps into home time. We've had it here too, bringing cabinet doors and furniture pieces in for weekend work. I've gotten to an age where I really don't need to have anything extra around my house that reminds me of work. I don't thnk it allows our minds to rest when things are lurking unfnished. It's nice that you and Donn can recognize time for a get away....

Hope you havce a wonderful Saturday as well.... 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Linny t:
What kind of center do you put in them

I just used some jelly I had, strawberry and mixed fruit.  It said to bake 10-12 min....but they were still doughy so I put them back in for about 6 more min.  They were OK but some were still not crisp like I thought they should be; probably won't make them again. I did the powdered sugar also.

My right hip and back is bothering me this morning.  I couldn't get to sleep on my back, so I slept on my right side and now my hip hurts. I was trying to get off the pain pill, Tramadol, so I had quit taking it this week, but I guess I will go back on it. I haven't felt very good w/o it.  George thinks sitting on ice pack will help every backache, so I have been doing that, but not helping so far.  I get my hair done at 10; I was suppose to go last Sat. too, but I completely forgot it. Bev did such a good job with the style, I am going to go every Sat.  I have the alarm set on my cell phone to remind me.  Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:45 AM

I had a docs appt yesterday afternoon and I was surprised to see how many business where closed due to the flooding in the area. People could not get to work or had to leave early because of potential flooding near their homes or streets leading to their homes. There was only one office staff person at the front desk and she was hopping busy. Though the parking lot was virtually empty which was nice as I got a spot near the front door. That never happens for me.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:50 AM

My doc said I should start weight watchers. She swears by it as the best over-the-counter diet plan around. She is not concerned about my weight, but I am. I have lost 6 lbs since last year. Big whoop. If it had been 26 pounds since last year, I'd be dancing. DH said it was better than gaining 6 lbs. I had to agree with him.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:00 AM

Lillie:
My doc said I should start weight watchers. She swears by it as the best over-the-counter diet plan around.

In all my years of attempted dieting, Weight Watchers was the only one I had success with. They have a really nice online plan that has a food tracker that you can enter the foods you eat and it calculates points. I think a 6lb loss is better than any kind of gain. I've gained 23lbs last year. Geez! Time for me to get it together!

Page 123 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev121122123124125Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use