My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:56 AM

Diane,

How exciting for you to be asked to speak at the multicultural night. 

I'm sorry about Tito. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,099
Points 66,925
Robin replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are all having a good Thursday.

Seems like this group gets busier and busier.

Can't wait to see pictures of all these projects that are going on.  

School is a load right now.   Culinary is slowly getting the makings for the cafe' together.  But there have been stalls.  Tablecloths that don't fit.  Ideas for set and decor that don't work.  So forth and so on.   I'm hoping we make it on time at this point.  My classes are going along but it seems to be a slow go.   I've got one were I just can't get the one group of kids to listen.   But that will come to a halt next week.   I'm putting them in teams and plan to split that group as far as the east is from the west (and them still be in my room.    I hate doing that but I've got to start on the detailed information soon and they are not going to get it if they don't listen.

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:40 AM

Diane, good luck with Tito today.  9 or 10 little dragons will help ease that sting, I hope.  How exciting about your speech.  Sounds like you've got a great background to speak about.  People will love it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:41 AM

Stephanie:
I've already downloaded and have threads for two others. LOL. I may not get to them right away but just having them when I get a whim. I have the little book from Mary Corbett with the tiny projects too.
 You are hooked, aren't you?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:43 AM

Robin:
I'm putting them in teams and plan to split that group as far as the east is from the west (and them still be in my room.    I hate doing that but I've got to start on the detailed information soon and they are not going to get it if they don't listen.
 Sounds like a good plan.  That's got to be hard, but necessary.  I'm sure once everyone gets into things it'll go smoother.

Happy Thursday to you, too.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:
Wonder how they feel on your feet?

They feel great after the first few seconds.  I forget I have them on after that; of course I have neuropathy in my feet, so I don't have a lot of feeling in them.  I CAN keep them on, where I can't keep flip-flops on.  I really like them..   I think the company needs to give me a commission  I have recommended them to so many people.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:04 AM

Norma Doll:

Lillie:
Wonder how they feel on your feet?

They feel great after the first few seconds.  I forget I have them on after that; of course I have neuropathy in my feet, so I don't have a lot of feeling in them.  I CAN keep them on, where I can't keep flip-flops on.  I really like them..   I think the company needs to give me a commission  I have recommended them to so many people.

lol Jo. You should get a commission.

We were supposed to have a replacement window installed this morning. They call about 10 mins after they were supposed to be here to tell us that they built the window with beige inserts instead of white. Now they have to rebuild the window and they won't be here until next Thurs.  I've had this scheduled for almost 2 months. You'd think they could get it right in that amount of time.  What a PAIN in the you know where!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:29 AM

Who added the treasure chest to Diane's under the sea block? Did you have a pattern? If yes, would you be willing to share it with me?

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Lillie:

Who added the treasure chest to Diane's under the sea block? Did you have a pattern? If yes, would you be willing to share it with me?

I did the treasure chest. I didn't have a pattern for it. I sketched it out on tracing paper and sewed the outline thru it like a motif. If you want you can print a copy of Diane's block and trace it. If your printer resizes you could make it any size you want.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Lillie:
I CAN keep them on, where I can't keep flip-flops on.  I really like them..   I think the company needs to give me a commission  I have recommended them to so many people.

You are a natural born saleswoman my friend. I like the way they have thongs? for all the toes. That would be a big help to keep them from sliding around underfoot. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 4:04 PM

Thanks for the info on the treasure chest Stephanie. I did print out Diane's block so I can see how it was sewn.

I am having the worst time finding a site, or numerous sites, that sell buttons. Right now, I am looking for under the sea buttons/charms. And even some seashell looking buttons for an RR I'm finishing up. I have been to JoAnns, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby and they only have cutesy buttons/charms. Where does everyone shop for buttons/charms?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Linny t:
You are hooked, aren't you?

LOL. You should have seen me when I got my embroidery machine. Oh my gosh, I bet I could have logged 1000 hours my first year changing threads and  watching those designs come to life. It's just fascinating to me. Mesmerizing. Mike says I'm easily entertained. LOL  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,577
Points 139,818

Lillie:
Right now, I am looking for under the sea buttons/charms. And even some seashell looking buttons for an RR I'm finishing up. I have been to JoAnns, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby and they only have cutesy buttons/charms. Where does everyone shop for buttons/charms?

I had the same thing with cutesy. And they're ok, but the plastic backs stick up so far. I have some tiny real shells left that have holes drilled in them that sew on like beads. Do you want me to send you some? I'm sure I got them at Joann's, but I think it was online. I go all over the web for buttons and charms. Have found most of my favorite antique ones on Etsy from a lady in England. I think she's gone now. Or, maybe just sold what she wanted.  

These are cute:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/128550816/lifes-a-beach-theme-charms-collection?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=beach+theme+charms&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery     

Looks like she has a lot of different ones. Mermaids, shells, party... 

I put in beach themed charms. They have 1300 items on there. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:33 PM

Thanks for that link Stephanie and Lillie, I'm so glad you asked.  I think I might just have to buy a few of those.  Lillie, you might have better luck with the sea theme if you look for beads instead of buttons.  Like you, all the buttons I've seen are usually cartoonish and the shanks are so long they don't sit right without help.  I've taken real shells and glued threads on the back with E-6000 and then run the threads through the fabric.  It's a little fussy, but they're authentic.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:52 PM

Hi Everyone

Today was a trying day.  I wrapped Tito in a big towel and took him to the vet.  He was very angry the entire time.  I had to restrain him constantly as he fought.  The vet and 2 other ladies gave him an assessment and agreed that he is getting boils which may be part of his aggression.  Also he has a swollen throat which may have something to do with his kidneys.  At his age they can get kidney disease.  She said most iguanas from a pet store die within the first year because they are not well cared for.  Anyway the finally we decided to leave it up to them to either find him a home in a iguana rescue or put him to sleep if they have to.  She said Tito is acting like a typical male iguana.  This is mating season and she said that could be making him aggressive too.  I was relieved to let him go but I had to fight him all the way to get there.

I got some tiny crickets for my babies but they are not interested yet.  Next week I am getting a box of 1000 crickets.  I've gotten large boxes of crickets before.  I will have to feed them several times a day until I sell them.  They should be eating soon and then they will always be hungry. lol

The international dinner went well.  I spoke for about 5 minutes and it seems that everyone enjoyed it.  There was so much food---and most of it spicy!  I can't handle spicy.  I had cheesecake for dessert.  The best part of the dinner! 

• Post Points: 50
Page 115 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev113114115116117Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use