rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 5:54 PM

normajo1030again:
Today is my middle son's 53rd birthday.  Dave is my most caring son.  I love all three of them and they each have a different personality.

Happy Birthday to Dave. He sounds like a wonderful son Jo.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:47 PM

Diane:

Quite honestly Linny---I wouldn't want to saddle someone with a mean, sick iguana.  The rescue are ads for people who want to adopt an animal directly from an owner.  There are so many healthy iguanas who can't find homes. He has bitten me, scratch me, wapped me with his tail and pooped on me.  It's enough.  I have worked with him for a year and he has only gotten worse.  

Well, it's sad, but it is what it is.  It's no fun having a pet that's scary to handle and sick.  Sounds like the both of you are miserable.  I'm sorry it has to be this way.  I know you tried so hard.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:36 AM

Happy Birthday Dave. Jo, what a blessing to have such a wonderful son.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:38 AM

Diane, do you think Tito has become worse because he now has a female to protect? I don't know anything about Iguanas just wondering if it's a breeding thing.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:16 AM

Robin:
Linny,  Thankfully has been a little cooler in my neck of the woods last night and projected again tonight.  I say thankfully because our fan went out two nights ago and sleeping was a bit of a challenge. 
 Robin, this morning when I took the dogs out the air was almost cool enough that I wished I had longer sleeves.  Hope you got a new fan.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 5:50 PM

Linny t:
this morning when I took the dogs out the air was almost cool enough that I wished I had longer sleeves.

Lucky you!

Show me the mums, pumpkins, gourds and fresh apples and I'll know it's here for sure. We don't get the beautiful fall leaf color change here, but my spindly little maple has a little red starting to show in it's leaves. ( They don't grow too well here, Zone 10, but I still try.)  

It wasn't too unpleasant this morning here. I think we were still close to 80 degrees starting out.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:50 PM

It was already 78 at 9:00 this morning!!!  Got up to 98 last time I looked. Maybe higher. I'm ready for cooler temps.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 8:20 PM

Even when I got home and took the dogs out it was 75-ish.  Of course there was a thunder storm nearby, but still, the air didn't feel so heavy.  I saw something today that said the Farmer's Almanac predicted a cold winter this year...maybe we should be careful what we wish for, lol.  I'd take cold over hot anytime, though.  I'm not too sure about getting around in the snow and ice, but at least I could go out and not feel like I was melting.  Funny talk from someone who lives in Florida, right?

Lilly I've been hearing you all are having a heat wave up there.  I hope it cools off soon.  The news said it could last until the end of the week.  I hope they're wrong for your sake.

Stephanie, I love those maples when they start changing color.  Maples do okay here, but they seem to eventually get some sort of disease and die or they look like they're struggling to survive.  They sure do look pretty when they change colors, though.  I am all for the fall produce, too.  What other month can you have so much of it just out looking pretty for weeks?    My goodness, that made me realize that the holidays aren't all that far away.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 9:58 PM

Lillie---Tito is not defending me---he is attacking me!  My friend Karen is going to call some rescue agencies for me.  It's hard to put any animal down and he is intelligent and pretty.  I just can't take care of him anymore.  Some iguanas especially males grow up very mean even if you hold them every day and show them all the love in the world.  I had to put my Bubba down 2 years ago and it was heart wrenching.  He was a wonderful iguana and healthy until he quit eating.  I miss him still. I spent a lot of money trying to keep him well to no avail.  He was 17 years old.  I got him from a rescue situation and enjoyed every minute with him.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,991
Points 64,375
Robin replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 6:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Thursday!  If you can survive one more day you can have a three day weekend, tell your boss I said it was ok :)

The year is moving along, I would like to say smoothly but we have a new guidance counselor and she is still learning the ropes.  Unfortunately she has not taken to it like a duck takes to water.  She is still trying to put students in classes that they don't fit.  Like a still in a level 2 class when they haven't completed level one or failed level one.  So schedule changes continue, which means my classes are still changing.  But numbers have leveled off and I'm thankful for that.

I've got a wedding this weekend for a former student, who was one of my teen parents.   She's getting married in Destin so it's a three hour drive there and three hour back which will make for a long day.  I'm thankful the wedding is a sunset ceremony.   But she is a truly sweet girl and I really want to go.   She is the one I did the sea scape cupcakes for. 

See you all on Friday!

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:14 AM

Diane, so sorry I must have mis-typed. I meant that he was defending the female iguana. I really know nothing but was just offering a suggestion for his behavior. Maybe Tito is just a mean spirited male and his skin condition is making him worse. I hope you can find a good home for him and won't have to put him down. I know that will be sad for you.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,061
Points 41,295
Diane replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:48 AM

It's OK Lillie.  Iguanas are solitary animals who come out only to mate.  My other lizards are bearded dragons from Australia and are very sweet.  They are the ones that had the eggs.  I would love to make a little business and become a breeder.  They certainly would pay for themselves.  Just a small business.

You guys have been so sweet listening to all of my lizard stories. 

I am starting back on my jewelry.  I just sold some last week.  And I have a few orders from that person.  I haven't gotten my under the sea blocks back from the other RR's yet!  I have sent emails to see what's going on.  I know one had a baby during the RR so I know she is busy.   The other one, someone had to drop out so that put that one behind.  But still---it's been a while.

Yesterday my best friend Karen came over.  We were looking through the eggs with a pen light.  We saw a big tail.  I have been able to plump some the eggs back up from dehydration by wetting paper towels 3 times a day and placing them over the cups and it seems to be working.  I think it will take some time to learn this hatching thing and I am learning.

I showed Karen the under the sea block that you all did and she was blown away.  She loved the jelly fish Linny.  This block will go in the center of the wall hanging as I know it's the best

Thank you all for being there.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 11:21 AM

Diane, I had a blast with your under the sea block.  I wouldn't mind doing another one.  There's a lot of creative license with that theme.

It's good to hear your jewelry has picked up again.  That's encouraging.  I really hope someone wants to rescue Tito so you don't have to go through that awful step of putting him down.  Thank God you have the hope and distraction of the eggs right now.  A big tail is good news.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 11:24 AM

Robin:
Happy Thursday!  If you can survive one more day you can have a three day weekend, tell your boss I said it was ok :)
LOL, with that new guidance counselor I bet you're ready for a day off already.  I am taking off the day before and the day after, too, so I'll have 5.  Yahoo!  I can hardly wait until today is over.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,116
Points 110,490
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 11:26 AM

Robin:
I've got a wedding this weekend for a former student, who was one of my teen parents.   She's getting married in Destin so it's a three hour drive there and three hour back which will make for a long day.  I'm thankful the wedding is a sunset ceremony.   But she is a truly sweet girl and I really want to go.   She is the one I did the sea scape cupcakes for. 
 What happy endings you help create, Robin.  I've never been to Destin, but I've heard it is an old town and very quaint.  Maybe you could spend the night and relax a little.

Linny T

Page 110 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev108109110111112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use