rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 3:05 PM

Hi Everyone.

I was supposed to go to an appointment today but couldn't make it.  I've gotten some kind of virus and it's causing me pain.  I do get depressed when I have pain.  I get frustrated when I can't do what I want to do because I don't feel well.  Sometimes it is better to get out and feel better and other times it makes it worse.  Thank you for your concern, especially normajo.  I started some immunity boosters yesterday and I hope they kick in soon.

I had to bathe Tito today.  He is getting more and more lesions on this skin.  He was improving for a long time but now they are popping up.  He is so difficult to handle.  I'm thinking I may have to put him down.  He is mean and his skin is a big problem.  I don't want to invest anymore time and money in him.  Lately he has been trying to bite me when I get near him and actually grabbed some of my hair and pulled it trying to bite me.  I was thinking about putting him down about a month ago but he was improving.  Today when I bathed him I saw another skin lesion which is a skin infection.  I have to think about it.  It's getting harder and harder for me to care for him.

Stephanie---the extra moisture in the incubator is helping somewhat.  It has helped at least 2 eggs puff up again.  I may have let this go too long mistaking it for hatching too soon.  The more I read, I am understanding.  I read that in the wild only about 1/3rd if the eggs are expected to hatch.  I think I may get by with 2.:o(.

I see that Florida is having lots of sink holes.  It must be terrible.  I watched a program called "Gator Boys".  It was so interesting.  Florida is so much different that most of the other states.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 3:07 PM

normajo--thanks for posting the pics. The dress is so pretty and the cake bars look really good!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 3:33 PM

Jo,

Thanks for the pics. I love that little dress. It's really precious. I want some of those cakesicles too. They look yummy.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 4:11 PM

Diane, I'm sorry to hear about you being sick.  On top of that you have these problems with Tito and the eggs.  Very disheartening, I'm sure.  Some days are definitely better than others.  Just keep thinking that tomorrow will be a better day.  We're here for you.  I'll keep you in my prayers, dear.

Florida does have sink holes.  They are mostly north of me, but I have seen them in my area - many years ago, though.  I hope I never have to deal with one.  This year a guy was in his bed sleeping and the floor opened under him and he fell into a 60' hole!  They never did find him, either.  The whole house had to be destroyed and the family couldn't even go in to get their things.  They just lost everything except what the firemen could manage to get out which was a couple of boxes of pictures and such from the living room.  Can you imagine?  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:53 PM

Jo,

Your sundress and little panties are so adorable. Love the little touches of lace. Just too cute.

The cakesickles turned out really neat too. I bet the kids had fun with those. They do look like they'd be really difficult to ice.

Your take on depression was spot on for me. I suffered many years with it, and always felt so guilty and selfish after I'd come out of it. It was like being totally oblivious to anything going on except what was happening in my head.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:13 PM

Diane:
 I've gotten some kind of virus and it's causing me pain.  I do get depressed when I have pain.  I get frustrated when I can't do what I want to do because I don't feel well.  Sometimes it is better to get out and feel better and other times it makes it worse.  Thank you for your concern, especially normajo.  I started some immunity boosters yesterday and I hope they kick in soon.

Suffering in pain is one of the worst things in the world, and I'm so sorry you're having to go thru this. 

I've been studying a Feng shui book lately. Feng shui is not a religion, by the way, more a way to enhance your lifestyle and well being by putting things around you in harmony.  I was suffering in pain one day and I happened across an excerpt that talked about the benefits of a sea salt bath. You use 2 cups of sea salt (not Epsom salt) and a few drops of an essential oil. I had some on hand from the grocery. I use it instead of regular salt to season with. I cut the container open and dumped the whole thing in a bath. You're supposed to soak for 20 minutes, so I did. I couldn't believe how much better I felt and my skin took on a radiance from it. I'm definitely going to make it a regimen to do at least once a week.

I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues with Tito again. I wonder if he has a stress factor that causes these lesions. My sis had a boxer that would break out in mountainous hives when he was stressed. I wonder too if they are painful for him, and it makes him cranky. It must be very difficult to keep up with the constant care and trying to nuture him. I'd be scared if he tried to bite me and took out a chunk of hair. That's a little close for comfort.

Diane:
I read that in the wild only about 1/3rd if the eggs are expected to hatch.  I think I may get by with 2.:o(.

I think even two is great. You've learned a lot going through this, and will continue to get better and better at it.

Diane:

I see that Florida is having lots of sink holes.  It must be terrible.  I watched a program called "Gator Boys".  It was so interesting.  Florida is so much different that most of the other states.

I can't imagine having that happen. I always swore I couldn't live in California because of earthquakes. Being swallowed up by the earth with no warning is a frightening thought. I haven't seen Gator boys. I'll have to watch for that one. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:20 PM

Linny t:
 We had a power outage that lasted until around 3:30 AM and it hasn't worked since.  The guy's supposed to come out tonight to fix it.  

That's quite an outage! Hope he can get you up and online again, and that they don't have to order and ship you a new modem. Bad enough to be without for the weekend.

We got another heavy thunderstorm here again tonight. Lost power about three times just temporarily and enough to reset the satellite over and over. Thankful for that. I think we'll be thru the storm season soon.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:54 PM

Thanks for the support all of you.  I know you all understand what I go through.

Stephanie---Do you get the sea salt from the grocery store?  I'd like to try it too.

Linny--sorry about your frustrating computer situation.  At least you have one at work to use.

About Tito---Maybe part of his nastiness is from the skin problem.  This is a continuation of his previous problem.  I keep his habitat clean so that's not the problem.  I think he has a chronic infection that keeps popping up.  If I took him to the vet, the bill would be a minimum of $300.  He is a mean iguana.  I have to fight with him to pick him up and he poops when he gets mad at me.  He is so strong and it's getting so I hard to handle especially when I get sick.  If I got his skin problem treated, I would probably have to treat him every once in a while.  It will be sad that I have to put him down.  But with the money I would have to lay out and his nasty disposition, I don't think it would be worth keeping him.  He will go to the spirit world and climb up a tree there and be content.(o:.  And I will be relieved.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 6:37 AM

Diane:
Do you get the sea salt from the grocery store?  I'd like to try it too.

Yes. The brand I used is in a blue circular container called La Baliene. It's usually with the spices/salts. Couple bucks. You might check for a box of one if they have it.  I think next time I may go this route online: http://www.saltworks.us/bokek-premium-dead-sea-bath-salt.html 

I know from reading all your post you have made the greatest efforts in trying to tame and take care of him. And now with him trying to bite he's become a hazard as well. I'm sure worrying over him and trying to keep him from battling when you're trying to help him is very stressful to you as well. And you can't dare give him away being mean like that. Maybe it is time.... 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 9,475

Diane:
 He will go to the spirit world and climb up a tree there and be content.(o:.  And I will be relieved.

Sometimes that is all you can do, Diane.  It says in the bible that God put the animals here for us to take care of and I feel that includes putting them down, if necessary.  I love animals, but I am also a realist and they are not as important as people. My youngest son said once, " Mom, you don't feel about your animals like we do."  He spent over $3000.00 on a shepard/mix dog and when their dogs have to be put down, they have them cremated and have them in a glass display case with their picture in front of the container.  To me that would be harder.....seeing the reminder every day.  I have had to have a lot of animals put down; it is sad at the time, but I get over it and remember the good times I had with them.  I always had dogs and cats, so there have been a lot.

Today is my middle son's 53rd birthday.  Dave is my most caring son.  I love all three of them and they each have a different personality.  Dave calls me more often and he always asks if I have heard from Mike or Paul.  The other two never ask about him.  Dave is in Indianapolis, Mike in Virginia and Paul in Ohio, so they don't get together very often.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:35 AM

Diane, can't you give Tito back to the rescue people?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:37 AM

normajo1030again:
Today is my middle son's 53rd birthday.  Dave is my most caring son.
 Happy Birthday to Dave!  My brother was like that.  He took such good care of my mom after my dad passed.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:39 AM

Stephanie:
I think we'll be thru the storm season soon.  
 It can't come soon enough for me.  I keep watching the weather to see where the temps are in the 60's at night, hoping to see them here in my neck of the woods.  That's the first signal that cool weather is coming.  Today it looked like maybe Robin would have cooler temps at night.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:34 PM

Quite honestly Linny---I wouldn't want to saddle someone with a mean, sick iguana.  The rescue are ads for people who want to adopt an animal directly from an owner.  There are so many healthy iguanas who can't find homes. He has bitten me, scratch me, wapped me with his tail and pooped on me.  It's enough.  I have worked with him for a year and he has only gotten worse.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,042
Points 65,630
Robin replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 4:55 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope that each of you will have a super peace filled evening. 

Linny,  Thankfully has been a little cooler in my neck of the woods last night and projected again tonight.  I say thankfully because our fan went out two nights ago and sleeping was a bit of a challenge.  

Normjo,  Your cake pops and bubble suit were precious.  I bet the kids loved them.

Diane,  In my opinion you have gone above the call of duty to help Tito.  I'm sure that it is not his fault in the sense that he was possibly treated badly by a previous owner.  But you have worked really hard to make him healthy and give him a good home.  He just doesn't seem able to adjust.  I'm so sorry your having to make such a tough decision.  I know as much as you love animals this is really hard for you.

Robin

Page 109 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev107108109110111Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use