My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:07 AM

Diane, too bad you can't set up a video camera so we can watch them hatch. I know this must be really exciting for you. Can't wait to read all about it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 9:12 PM

Looks like I wasn't the only one who had a hard time getting on this site.  I tired several times today and couldn't even get it to load.  

Hope everyone had a happy Wednesday

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:09 AM

Linny t:

Looks like I wasn't the only one who had a hard time getting on this site.  I tired several times today and couldn't even get it to load.  

Hope everyone had a happy Wednesday

It's been really quite the past few days. People must be having issues getting on the site.

I've been going through all of my sewing studio "stuff". I got rid of a 1-foot pile of mags and books that I know I will never use. I used to save all of my mags, but this past year if there wasn't something in the mag that I knew I would make in the very near future, I just tossed the mag after reading through it. And I was becoming increasingly disinterested in the contents of the mags. Seems like it was the same ole same ole in every one. I think I have just one mag coming now. I just read through that mag yesterday and tossed it. I probably  won't subscribe to it next year.

Have a beautiful Thurs. everyone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,043
Points 65,635
Robin replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I see everyone has been very busy and accomplishing great things.   As for me its been a busy time of retraining my body to get up and get moving.   School is coming a long and things are getting done.   I've recovered both of my teaching chairs, and other odds and ends.  The kids have been coming out and doing wall signs for directions to help new kids and bulletin boards with positive slogans.  The major crisis in life have been the size of some of my classes.  After two days of politely going to through channels to be blow off my one administrator and having to have a major melt down I think I finally got them to understand that there was a limited to my superpowers.  

Today is inservice which means sitting in training all morning! YUCK!   I really have to much to do to be sitting on my backside.   Oh well it is what it is.

Today is also me as Donn's 26th Anniversary.   I think we're just going to keep it simple which is fine with me since neither of us really have the time or energy to be going out and trying to find ways to entertain the other.  However, I do think if I cook dinner tonight I'll pull out the china and set the table and etc.  But we'll wait and see.  When we married school didn't start until the end of August if I had known they were going to move it up this much I would have gotten married in July.   Oh well hind sight is always 20/20. 

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:24 AM

Lillie:
And I was becoming increasingly disinterested in the contents of the mags. Seems like it was the same ole same ole in every one. I think I have just one mag coming now. I just read through that mag yesterday and tossed it. I probably  won't subscribe to it next year.

Sounds like you've been busy going through your stuff too. I thought it might be just me, but I feel the same way about the mags over this past year. I've dropped several myself. And a lot of them getting thinner too while the prices have climbed. I have a habit of still hanging onto mine. As I go thru them I'll write the page number on the cover of the ones I like. Eventually I'll purge them as I need to free up space I'm sure. Happy sorting to you today as you get your room back together...I'm still packing mine in boxes so I can move furniture around..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:33 AM

Robin:
Today is also me as Donn's 26th Anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!!!!! Hope you enjoy your dinner on the fine china. That's really special.

How large did they try to make your classes? It's a shame that you had to have a melt down to get someone to take notice. Hope everything gets worked out for you so you can have some harmony in your school year. Is it to start over every year?

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:10 AM

Lillie, I've let my subscriptions laps, too.  It seems to me that everyone is making "easy" quilts with squares, HST and rectangles.  It seems like theres just not anything new, like you say.  It was fun to look at the pictures and the colors inspired me, but not enough to keep getting the mags.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:17 AM

Robin:
The major crisis in life have been the size of some of my classes.  After two days of politely going to through channels to be blow off my one administrator and having to have a major melt down I think I finally got them to understand that there was a limited to my superpowers.  
 That's the problem with over-achieving.  People start to expect it.  How big are you classes?

Robin:
Today is also me as Donn's 26th Anniversary.   I think we're just going to keep it simple which is fine with me since neither of us really have the time or energy to be going out and trying to find ways to entertain the other.  However, I do think if I cook dinner tonight I'll pull out the china and set the table and etc.  But we'll wait and see.  When we married school didn't start until the end of August if I had known they were going to move it up this much I would have gotten married in July.   Oh well hind sight is always 20/20. 
 Congratulations!  26 years is a long, long time.  It's not easy to make marriage work in this day and age.  I can't say if it was ever easy, but it is surely harder now...Don't forget the candles with that dinner.  I think mid-August for the start of school is too early.  Nate's already going back, but my NY grandkids have almost another month of summer vacation.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:33 AM

Happy Anni Robin!!!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 4:51 PM

Hi Everyone.

I too had problems getting on yesterday.  I'm glad that's fixed!  

I have 13 eggs left.  I just read that even though they are dented in, continue to incubate and see what happens.  Not an  easy project!  They have been cooking for a month and  2 days now.  Don't know if it will be in a couple of weeks or more.  This takes experience which I don't have.  The indentation in the eggs may mean they are getting ready to hatch or there is too much humidity.  We shall see!

Lillie--good to hear you are getting rid of excess mags.  I'll think about that too.  There is so much stuff I know I'll never make.

Robin---I know how you feel having to practically 'lose it' to get your point across.  Maybe if you were a man....I have felt that is a great advantage.

Nice to hear from you all again!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:01 PM

Looks like another day of trouble with the site.  I've been trying to get on this site and finally did by following an email link.  Just luck I suppose...but now it's time to clock in and go back to work.  I hope I can get online later.

TGIF!!!  Hope everyone's as happy it's Friday as I am.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 3:59 PM

Having a wonderful Fri so far. Have joined the senior center here in town and doing aqua fitness 5 days a week. Have become friends with a lot of the women and today 6 of us went out to lunch. It was great fun. We're thinking of going out to lunch every Fri.  That's sure to pack the weight on!  lol

Happy Fri everyone

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 4:10 PM

Lillie that sounds like great fun.  My SIL is doing a sitting exercises with her condo assoc group.  She does the same thing in that they all in go out to eat together once a month.  She loves it.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 4:14 PM

Gee whillikers, this site could cause such frustration, especially when you're pressed for time.

Yes, Linny, I am so thankful it's Friday!!!

Diane, Happy to see you made it on. Hope today's issues haven't held you back again.

13 eggs left is a good thing. I think you're doing really well to have lost so few over this period of time. Sounds like it can be a very tricky thing to do with keeping the heat and humidity in just the right place. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I've got my little bird embroidery ready to go. It all has to be done under magnifying lens, so this could be a bit of a challenge. But I have a nice lighted magnifyer, so I'm up for it.  This comes at a good time. My backs been acting up, so it gives me a good excuse to sit.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,043
Points 65,635
Robin replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:28 PM

Good Evening One and All,

Didn't rise and shine like usual so I didn't get to post before I went to work.

Thanks for all the Anniversary wishes.   We had a lovely day together at school with well wishes at the faculty meeting from the principal which brought a round of applause.   I didn't get dinner on my chine because Donn insisted on taking me out.   I'll try that another time.

My fit did some good my classes (all but one) is down to a manageable 24 or less.  The one that is at 27 is culinary 1 so I've had all of those students before so they will probably be alright.   And I'm sure with some schedule adjustments I'll lose one or so along the way.

Diane,  13 eggs Wow, your going to be covered in dragons.

Lillie,  I agree with you about the magazine issue.   I quit taking them too.   I occasionally will pick up one at the store but usually not.    Linny you are so right about the patterns so many of them are really repetitive. Plus you can find so much stuff on line now.

Stephanie,  I can't wait to see your bird.

I'm going to spend the evening watching TV and sewing on my purse squares.  I finally manage to pin the last two the other night, with them stitch it will be time to sew them together and start embellishing.

By the way did we make any decisions about the another round robin?

Have a great evening everyone. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Page 103 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev101102103104105Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use