My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:07 PM

My hair turned out great.  She got me in a few minutes early, so while waiting for Barb I went to the shoe store next door and got some new shoes...on sale.  After we went to Michaels and then for lunch we met up with our SIL.  We had a very nice lunch and kabitzed.  Barb was a little down, very quiet and feeling achy.  She attributed that to all the steroids she's taking.  Also her voice was raspy.  Other than that it was a really good day.  She seemed to enjoy herself.  After all that I got some gas and pet food and then home.  Since then I've been sewing all day.  Thought I'd take a break and check in on everyone.

Stephanie, how far did you get?  Did that picture box slow you down?  That happens to me sometimes.  Then I think, oh, that's why I had to clean there.  I was supposed to pay attention to those pictures, lol.  

Robin, how about you?  Did you get your Alaska top sewn together?

Diane, do you have a date set for the quilting bee?  Are you going to wait until after the baby dragons are hatched?

Lillie, I ordered once from Ribbonsmyth and had to wait forever.  I decided to never order from there again, too.

Jo,  I though about that couple over and over today.  It really got to me.  I pray that they are wrapped in God's healing love.

Darlene, hope everything's okay with you.  I imagine that you have so many sales from the summer market that you don't have time to do anything but make more stuff to sell.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Linny t:
 I though about that couple over and over today.  It really got to me.  I pray that they are wrapped in God's healing love.

Thanks for all the concern for Stephanie, Jason, Carson and little Heaven. We have a very close church family, plus being a small town, everyone is there for everyone else.  They also all know your business, but I guess that is why they are close. When something happens to someone, people are on the phones sharing with others. They are also good to take food in when needed.  It is a good feeling to know that you can call on anyone of them to help you if you need it. Most people have scanners and know when there is an accident or someone is sick by listening to that.  When George had his heart attack, his brother got here b/4 the 911 people, just by hearing it on the scanner.

Well, shower time so till later, have a Sunny Sunday.     Hugs to all, Jo 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:10 AM

The quilting class was a huge success for me. I learned how to create a gentle wave border and also a scalloped border. It was well worth the $35 for the class. She had a bit too much packed into her 3 hour hands-on class and we had to sort of rush through the wave and scallop borders. And we didn't even get to the finished brag book cover. But I learned two somethings new and that was what I wanted. Now I feel confident enough to tackle a scalloped border.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:13 AM

Stephanie, I'm so sorry to hear about your family member. I hope this experimental treatment works great for him. He and his family are in my prayers.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:15 AM

Linny t:
 Did that picture box slow you down?  That happens to me sometimes.

I didn't get as far as the picture box. It was the Books! Embroidery, CQ , beading. Too much eye candy. LOL. It was all good though. It's been a long time since I've paged through, and had some I forgot about. I was still achy from the workday Friday, today's another day...I woke up at 4:30 and have several boxes packed already.

Good to hear your haircut turned out great. Such a lift. Sounds like Barb wasn't quite up for the day, physically, but hopefully it still lifted her spirits.

Any look at you go, sewing the rest of the day. Excited to see your quilt and bet your machines in it's glory being used again. : )

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:30 AM

Jo Doll:
We have a very close church family, plus being a small town, everyone is there for everyone else.  They also all know your business, but I guess that is why they are close.

That's awesome Jo. True about them knowing your business, but so handy in a case like this and having kids think twice before they might make bad decisions.

Jo Doll:
have a Sunny Sunday.     Hugs to all, Jo 

Have a Sunny Sunday yourself and big hug right back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:34 AM

Lillie:

The quilting class was a huge success for me. I learned how to create a gentle wave border and also a scalloped border. It was well worth the $35 for the class. She had a bit too much packed into her 3 hour hands-on class and we had to sort of rush through the wave and scallop borders. And we didn't even get to the finished brag book cover. But I learned two somethings new and that was what I wanted. Now I feel confident enough to tackle a scalloped border.

Sounds like a lot to cover in a three hour class, but I love that you were able to come away feeling that it was worth it and you learned something new. How'd you like sewing with the Janome's?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,290
Robin replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 10:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your Sunday is bright and sunny.   Mine has started off that way.

Yesterday was spent cleaning house.  I'm not sure how four people can acquire so much dirt and junk as we do.   I was so sore last night that I had to get up at 2 and take additional meds for the pains in my arms from scrubbing the floor.  But today is going to be about finishing the top if I do not do anything else.

Lillie,  Your quilt class sounds like a lot of fun, I'm amazed at all that you learned.

Stephanie,   I hope that your family member gets many more days out of his life. 

Linny,  Sounds like you had a productive day.  What did you get at Michael's and what did you sew?

Jo,  You are such a good friend to that young couple they are surely blessed for knowing you.  Hugs to you as well <>

"This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,290
Robin replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 4:09 PM

Crossing Alaska is together.   It lacks the border but that will have to wait for now.

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:26 PM

Robin, your Crossing Alaska Together quilt turned out so beautifull!  I love the layout and there are those great fabrics.  You are amazing at getting things done!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:32 PM

Jo Doll:
We have a very close church family, plus being a small town, everyone is there for everyone else.  They also all know your business, but I guess that is why they are close. When something happens to someone, people are on the phones sharing with others. They are also good to take food in when needed.  It is a good feeling to know that you can call on anyone of them to help you if you need it.
 What a blessing to live and worship with the people in your church.  That's the way things are supposed to be.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:38 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 Did that picture box slow you down?  That happens to me sometimes.

I didn't get as far as the picture box. It was the Books! Embroidery, CQ , beading. Too much eye candy. LOL. It was all good though. It's been a long time since I've paged through, and had some I forgot about. I was still achy from the workday Friday, today's another day...I woke up at 4:30 and have several boxes packed already.

Good to hear your haircut turned out great. Such a lift. Sounds like Barb wasn't quite up for the day, physically, but hopefully it still lifted her spirits.

Any look at you go, sewing the rest of the day. Excited to see your quilt and bet your machines in it's glory being used again. : )

Sounds like you got a lot done already.  I would have to have a day to look things over and a day to pack everything up, too.  I sewed again today, all morning.  Then I got busy with mowing and chores.  I don't have a quilt top yet.  I have very large triangles made from 5" triangles.  I decided to skip the border, so I cut a ton more triangles.  Guess what.  I need a ton more triangles.  Good thing I have tons of those fabrics.  It's scrappy batiks.  All my favorite colors, too.  I got enough made to see how it'll look on my bed and I felt like I could jump in and swim...lots of blues and greens.  I'll show pic of it when it's a top.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:46 PM

Robin:
Linny,  Sounds like you had a productive day.  What did you get at Michael's and what did you sew?
 I got a hole punch for metal, a riviting hammer and a bunch of other little doo dads...beads and such.  They had a lot of stuff on clearance.  

Robin:
Robin:
I'm not sure how four people can acquire so much dirt and junk as we do.

It's truly amazing how fast a house can get dirty, isn't it?  I see that too with just Audra & Nate...of course we have 2 dogs and cats, too...They help a lot.

I was so sore last night that I had to get up at 2 and take additional meds for the pains in my arms from scrubbing the floor.

If I scrubbed my floors on my hands and knees I'd probably have to be taken to the hospital, Robin.  You got your house all clean for the start of school and your Alaska top put together.  You amaze me.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,290
Robin replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:49 PM

Linny,

How exciting to be back sewing!  Can't wait to see it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:54 PM

Lillie:

Lillie, that's a good price for a 3 hour class.  Even if that's all she covered was the wave and scallop borders it'd be worth it.  They can be tricky, especially at the corners.  I may have missed it.  Is your new furniture all together in your sewing room yet?

Linny T

Page 101 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev99100101102103Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use