rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:03 AM

Jo Doll:

Jo Doll:
This is one of those times when I just can't put in words how I feel.

We got word this morning that Stephanie lost her baby (the one who has Rosie the guinea pig).  Her husband said she was 10 inches long, 11 oz. and that they held her for an hour and that they named her Heaven because that is where she is.  So sad.       :<(     George saw the father's grandma at the IGA and she said Stephanie has an infection and fever and probably wouldn't be home till Sunday.      Jo

Jo, I'm so sorry to hear about Stephanie and her family. What a beautiful name for the baby. I'm praying for the family. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:05 AM

The ribbon arrived on Fri. YAY!!! I probably won't order from them any longer as they take 4ever!!!  Same with RibbonSmyth.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:13 AM

I'm off to a quilting class at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival this morning. It's call Beyond Basic Binding (or something similar). The only items we need to bring to class are scissors and a thimble. The Janome sewing machines are being provided (WOW!). This is the first time I have ever taken a class at a quilt show. My DH is playing Security while I'm in the class. I'm a board member of the Rocky Mountain Quilt Foundation, who is sponsoring the quilt part of the show. I feel pretty rested this morning after my 8 hour stint on Thurs putting up the quilts for viewing. The show started yesterday (Fri) I did not go. I'll be there this morning and then want to look at the  vendors.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

My house is still asleep for a few more minutes and then we'll be hitting the floors, walls and woodwork.  It's been two summers since furniture was moved around and cleaned behind, not to mention floors scrubbed and waxed.  We have unfinished wood floors in the living room that I hope one day we will be able to refinish.  But for now it's clean and wax. 

As to how far I got yesterday?  I'm still two loads of laundry from done with that chore.  I got the vertical stashing done but still lack the horizontal to go.   I may not get anything school related done tomorrow but I'm going to do my best to get this top together so I can hang it up instead of boxing it.  As for the purse, like Stephanie said you can't rush the creative process.  To get the look I want I'm going to have to be patient.  I want to do a good job so I'm just going to take it as it comes.  I've got four of the eight panels read to go together.  I took two of the other four apart last night because they just didn't seem to fit.   Oh well, it's about the journey not the destination.  The bouncing doesn't bother me to much because the Alaska quilt is at the phrase were it is purely mechanics and the purse is still in the what it I do.... stage.  I work when I'm in the mood and but it down when I'm bored or tired with it.

My neighbor who is also a good friend got out of rehab yesterday but is still not able to come home and stay by herself after having had a stroke following back surgery.  So she stopped by to pick up a few things to go stay with her sister and brother in law until she is able to.   I felt so sorry for her.  She was so upset that she wasn't going home and her speech is very confused.  I'm not sure if she will ever be able to stay by herself and I don't know what that means for her future. 

Linny,  I hope that you can spend some quality time doing something you love this weekend.  I admire that you love to do things like dye ribbon.   I wouldn't even know where to start with such a project.

Jo,  I am so sorry to hear about the couples lost.   I had to early miscarriages so I can sort of relate and it is a devastating feeling that you couldn't care for your own child at such a tender time.   It is so good that they have the support of a strong church family.  Praying for them.

Lillie,   I use River Silks and like them very much.

Stephanie,  Having multiple projects allows me to always have something to keep my hands busy which is a must.  I'm not good anymore at just sitting still.  So when I watch TV or a movie I'm working on something.   It fact yesterday I got to watch 3 movies while I stitched on the Alaska Quilt.  

Diane,  How was your quilting bee?

Have a productive Saturday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:01 AM

Lillie:
I'm off to a quilting class at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival this morning. It's call Beyond Basic Binding (or something similar). The only items we need to bring to class are scissors and a thimble.

Wow. All the machines and everything but scissors and a thimble provided. That's awesome. Hope you have a great time! Glad you finally got your ribbons.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:08 AM

Robin,

Sounds like you and family are in for a day of work doing your floors. I just love wood floors. Hope it goes by quickly for you.

How exciting that you have the vertical sashing rows finished and are onto the horizontal ones. Won't be long and you'll be on your way to the borders.

Robin:
Having multiple projects allows me to always have something to keep my hands busy which is a must.  I'm not good anymore at just sitting still.  So when I watch TV or a movie I'm working on something.   It fact yesterday I got to watch 3 movies while I stitched on the Alaska Quilt. 

That's such a great way to be.

Enjoy your day.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:21 AM

Jo Doll:

Jo Doll:
This is one of those times when I just can't put in words how I feel.

We got word this morning that Stephanie lost her baby (the one who has Rosie the guinea pig).  Her husband said she was 10 inches long, 11 oz. and that they held her for an hour and that they named her Heaven because that is where she is.  So sad.       :<(     George saw the father's grandma at the IGA and she said Stephanie has an infection and fever and probably wouldn't be home till Sunday.      Jo

Oh, Jo, that's so sad.  My heart goes out to them.  I can't even imagine how they must feel.  My prayers are with them and with you and George.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:22 AM

I'm hoping for a productive day. My sewing room is a mess right now. So much so I can hardly stand to be in there without feeling overwhelmed. I've had a plan this summer to rearrange but we've been so busy. I had pulled everything off of one bookshelf and it laying all around in there. Yesterday I picked up some file boxes from Staples so I can pack books and mag's in them temporarily. I bought 20 and figure at least 10 will be filled. Have plans for another built in area in there that will give me a counter top space and hope to implement a seating area into it. In the center between the upper cabinets I'm going to put two shelves and use them for my antique machine display that I had mentioned a while back. Still trying to figure out if I can add some lighting in them. Anyway, a busy day here as well.... 

There's been a lot of sad happenings lately haven't there? To add to that Mike and I just found out a family member has stage 4 cancer from a melinoma. He's 46 and they have three kids. The doctors are using an experimental treatment that they hope will prolong his life. Maybe we could include his family in our prayer chain too.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:25 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
absolutely count on this group through times like this.  I know you all care.  It will go by fast...2 - 3 weeks...  Before you know it we'll all be talking about Christmas again

2-3 weeks... That's awesome.  September.....Don't jump totally past fall. I promised myself I'd have that wool UFO finished this year. LOL.

Still time to vacation to NC, or Tennessee...

I'd still like to give her a trip to NC.  I'm going to bum around with her today.  She's feeling sad about it now, after telling her kids.  Her kids are a mess, but who wouldn't be?  I reminded her that they haven't offered a choice yet...no talk about how many months with or without treatment yet.  I have to shower her with optimism.  That's what I'm going to do today.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,895
Linny t replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:30 AM

Stephanie:

I'm hoping for a productive day. My sewing room is a mess right now. So much so I can hardly stand to be in there without feeling overwhelmed. I've had a plan this summer to rearrange but we've been so busy. I had pulled everything off of one bookshelf and it laying all around in there. Yesterday I picked up some file boxes from Staples so I can pack books and mag's in them temporarily. I bought 20 and figure at least 10 will be filled. Have plans for another built in area in there that will give me a counter top space and hope to implement a seating area into it. In the center between the upper cabinets I'm going to put two shelves and use them for my antique machine display that I had mentioned a while back. Still trying to figure out if I can add some lighting in them. Anyway, a busy day here as well.... 

There's been a lot of sad happenings lately haven't there? To add to that Mike and I just found out a family member has stage 4 cancer from a melinoma. He's 46 and they have three kids. The doctors are using an experimental treatment that they hope will prolong his life. Maybe we could include his family in our prayer chain too.

That's so sad, Stephanie.  I will pray for him and his family that the treatment does the trick.  He's far too young to go and his youth will be his advantage, as well as his family. 

Your plans for your sewing room sound exciting.

I'm going to get off here now.  I have a hair appt. and then meeting Barb for lunch and shopping.  It's times like this that make us appreciate our loved ones, isn't it?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:40 PM

Stephanie--so sorry to hear about your family member.  My friend had stage 4 cancer and is doing great now.  I hope with all of the advances in cancer cure, this will happen to him.

It feel good to clean out closets and purge to me.  Best of luck with that.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:55 PM

Robin---you do have a lot to do.  I am like you in that I love to have several projects going so I never (or rarely) get bored.  The ladies around here us to bother me, wanting me to join in to informal discussion groups.  To me, it is mostly a waste of time.  I much rather doing projects at home and being with my pets!!!  There is to much gossip and too many personalities for me to handle.  I feel like a recluse sometimes, not seeing people for days but it's OK.  It's my choice.  I prefer my friends from church where the negativity and gossip rarely happens.

Jo Doll-so sad when someone loses a baby.  It happened to me.  A year or so later I had my daughter and I was finally happy.  It's hard to look forward with all the hormones involved.  Flowers would cheer her up.

Linny-you are so right to enjoy your loved ones while you can.  You don't think those times will ever end but they are precious.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:59 PM

Lillie---so exciting to be involved in all the quilting groups and classes.  Have a great time!

Robin--I still have to finish putting the boarder on and mark it.  Don't know when the quilting bee will happen.  Soon I hope.  I got distracted by one of the RR's so hopefully I will get back on it today.

The eggs are doing great!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:14 PM

Diane:
 My friend had stage 4 cancer and is doing great now.  I hope with all of the advances in cancer cure, this will happen to him.

Thank you Diane. It was very uplifting to read this.

The best days are spent with our pets and projects. I'm not much of one to be involoved in groups and gossip either. Always felt that if they could talk that easily about someone else, they were doing it about me too. LOL. So happy to hear the eggs are doing great. You Go Mama!

It does feel good to purge and rearrange sometimes. A fresh "pallette" is inspiring and spirit lifting. Hopefully I won't get too distracted when I come across that box of family photo's. LOL. Always fun to see what's in some of those boxes.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648
Stephanie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:19 PM

Linny t:
 I have a hair appt. and then meeting Barb for lunch and shopping.  It's times like this that make us appreciate our loved ones, isn't it?

I remember last time you got a new hairdo you were so happy with it. Hope she does as wonderful of one this time. It's always nice to be pampered by a hairdresser.

It has to be so hard on Barb's kids too. With all hope and lots of prayer she'll be back to recovery in no time. I wish you could take that trip. It's wonderful to get away, especially to a place you love. And yes, you are so right, it is times like this that make us appreciate our loved ones. Hope your day is fun with Barb and shopping.

Page 100 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev9899100101102Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use