My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:57 PM

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  Lillie, the do rags are cute these days.  Barb still has her hats.  She's got some cute ones.  And her wig, of course.  I did see her with do rags a couple of times.  She liked the hats.  We'll see this time.  Funny thing is when her hair first started coming back in I told her she'd have a really cute haircut by the end of summer and I was right.  It's really cute right now.  Curlier than before.  Now she has to loose it all over again.  It's just not fair.

I'm amazingly tired tonight and not very wordy.  I'll feel better in the morning.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
Funny thing is when her hair first started coming back in I told her she'd have a really cute haircut by the end of summer and I was right.  It's really cute right now.  Curlier than before.  Now she has to loose it all over again.

That really bites. I know better her hair than her life, but still.... After having gone thru so much in the last year it's just so soon, and has to be such an anguishing situation to think of starting all over. On the bright side the treatments don't sound like they'll be drawn out like the last time. I know you're worried as you can be, and this has to be overwhelming coming so soon, but try to hang in there. You know we're here and if you need anything just let us know....

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:06 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

TGIF!!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone.

Since it is the last Friday of Summer Break I'm sticking to stitching today.   I layout Crossing Alaska last night so the squares are ready for sashing and that is the task at hand today.   Along with the crazy purse, which is currently driving me to nuts.  The smaller panels were much easier to plan, pin and stitch but putting them together is a horse of another color.   I'm currently thinking of cutting them into smaller pieces and then sewing them together.  I just can seem to get the broken up china look I'm trying to achieve.

Of course since it is Friday I'll work on laundry too!

Hope you all have a bless day.  Special blessing to you Linny, that you mind would be at rest and your heart at peace.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:
Well, I'm going to ask you all to put my sister Barb back on your prayer lists

Oh Linny, I am so sorry to hear this. This is one of those times when I just can't put in words how I feel.  Like all the other ladies Barb and you are in my prayers. I hope she can stay positive, they say that really helps with any kind of illness.  (((((Hugs)))))))   Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:40 AM

Stephanie:

Where did you order your ribbons from? 

I ordered YLI from Piecemakers this time. I might have to think about Amazon next time. They carry YLI, I think. Has anyone ever used River Run silk ribbon? I think it's called River Run. I've only ever used YLI. Just wondering if there is another brand out there that is just as good or better than YLI.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:41 AM

Lillie, try silkribbon.com.  Never heard of River Run...is it River Silks?  Those are good, too.  Last time I ordered silk ribbon I got it from silkribbon.com.  I got dyable silk ribbon and dye it myself....double the fun!  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:46 AM

Jo Doll:

Lillie:
Well, I'm going to ask you all to put my sister Barb back on your prayer lists

Oh Linny, I am so sorry to hear this. This is one of those times when I just can't put in words how I feel.  Like all the other ladies Barb and you are in my prayers. I hope she can stay positive, they say that really helps with any kind of illness.  (((((Hugs)))))))   Jo

Thanks, Jo.  She is positive.  At least for now she is.  She's taking it like a great adventure and says, "So, this is next."  She doesn't seem to be the least bit scared.  I'm sure there's a certain amount, but she hides it to save her loved ones.  She's always been like that.  Thanks for the (((((Hugs))))))) and prayers.  I'll pass some onto her, too.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:47 AM

Robin:
TGIF!!!!!
 Same to you, Robin.  So it's gone by already.  It seemed so short this year.  Hope you get all you planned done.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:49 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Funny thing is when her hair first started coming back in I told her she'd have a really cute haircut by the end of summer and I was right.  It's really cute right now.  Curlier than before.  Now she has to loose it all over again.

That really bites. I know better her hair than her life, but still.... After having gone thru so much in the last year it's just so soon, and has to be such an anguishing situation to think of starting all over. On the bright side the treatments don't sound like they'll be drawn out like the last time. I know you're worried as you can be, and this has to be overwhelming coming so soon, but try to hang in there. You know we're here and if you need anything just let us know....

Thanks, Stephanie.  I absolutely count on this group through times like this.  I know you all care.  It will go by fast...2 - 3 weeks...  Before you know it we'll all be talking about Christmas again...

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 12:34 PM

Thanks for the link Linny. It's probably River Silks. All I could remember is it had the word River in it. lol

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Jo Doll:
This is one of those times when I just can't put in words how I feel.

We got word this morning that Stephanie lost her baby (the one who has Rosie the guinea pig).  Her husband said she was 10 inches long, 11 oz. and that they held her for an hour and that they named her Heaven because that is where she is.  So sad.       :<(     George saw the father's grandma at the IGA and she said Stephanie has an infection and fever and probably wouldn't be home till Sunday.      Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Jo Doll:
We got word this morning that Stephanie lost her baby (the one who has Rosie the guinea pig).  Her husband said she was 10 inches long, 11 oz. and that they held her for an hour and that they named her Heaven because that is where she is.  So sad.

Oh Jo, Such sad news, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the sadness they, you, and the congregation must feel right now. Once again, I'm so sorry. My prayers will also go out to Stephanie and her husband in all hopes for healing and that she pulls thru her fever and infection and is able to return home on Sunday. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie:
It's probably River Silks.

I have River Silks  too. I think theyre comparable to YLI.

One day soon, I'd like to give you a list of my fav's with pic's and comparison in color, price, and ship time for the silk ribbona I've purchased. Some compared to others are beyond compare, and granted a little pricier. I definitely have felt in these, you get what you pay for. And in Linny's mentioning hand dying your own, I've found that to be a lot of fun aned rewarding too..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
absolutely count on this group through times like this.  I know you all care.  It will go by fast...2 - 3 weeks...  Before you know it we'll all be talking about Christmas again

2-3 weeks... That's awesome.  September.....Don't jump totally past fall. I promised myself I'd have that wool UFO finished this year. LOL.

Still time to vacation to NC, or Tennessee...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
Since it is the last Friday of Summer Break I'm sticking to stitching today.   I layout Crossing Alaska last night so the squares are ready for sashing and that is the task at hand today. 

How'd it go?

Robin:
Along with the crazy purse, which is currently driving me to nuts.  The smaller panels were much easier to plan, pin and stitch but putting them together is a horse of another color. 

I have to say that I'd find it really hard to bounce from doing a quilt to working this out at the same time. It's two different mindsets for me and you'll be on a whole new level of admiration of artistry if you make this happen in the short amount of time you have it planned for. Be kind to your mind, and don't put too much pressure to perform in getting all of this done. We have several weeks to bring these blocks in....

Page 99 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev979899100101Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use