rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:25 AM

Stephanie:
Somewhere along the line someone had left something wet sit on it in areas and the particle board top had bubbled up from underneath. Sand, prime, sand some more to see if I can get it to level out before I paint it.  Waiting for the second coat of primer to dry and thought I'd check in.
 I didn't even know you could fix particle board like this.  Hope it gets easier for you.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,095
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:07 PM

Hi All

Stephanie---sounds like a big job of fixing.  I know you can do this.  Do you ever use polyurithane for a finish for furniture?

Robin--congratulations!  You deserve it for all the heart and soul you put into your job!

I have been working on one of the RR blocks.  It's close to the end.  This is also and under the sea block.  Lots of work.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:59 PM

Just got back from the Orthopedic surgeon. I don't have any rips, tears, or disconnected tissue. He says I have a small spot of bone on bone and gave me a cortisone shot in my left knee. I feel so much better already. I hope it lasts and lasts and lasts!!! 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,041
Points 65,610
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 3:03 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you all for the Congratulations.   Is nice to be recognized. 

Also I forgot that we learned yesterday that we have another daughter headed to FSU in December!  Keeley got her acceptance yesterday!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:25 PM

Linny t:
 I didn't even know you could fix particle board like this.

The problem with it is that once that veil is broken of the first finish they use on it, you sand it, and the moisture from the primer swells the same spots right back up. Maddening really. LOL. It's just one of those things that you do the best you can and it is what it is.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:30 PM

Diane:

I have been working on one of the RR blocks.  It's close to the end.  This is also and under the sea block.  Lots of work.

Oooh, can't wait to see it. Please take a pic for it. I need eye candy.

Diane:
Do you ever use polyurithane for a finish for furniture?

Yes, it's great stuff. Even the waterbase is an amazingly  hard finish. I just tried a new one on some outside built in cabinets. It was very expensive, but claims to resist mildew, and have UV protection. It laid down very well for the areas that I had to brush and a soft shine. Loved it. Of course I would at $120.00 a gallon. LOL 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:34 PM

Lillie:

Just got back from the Orthopedic surgeon. I don't have any rips, tears, or disconnected tissue. He says I have a small spot of bone on bone and gave me a cortisone shot in my left knee. I feel so much better already. I hope it lasts and lasts and lasts!!! 

So happy for you Lillie. It's had to be difficult managing the stairs with all the moving stuff back and forth with the new carpet. Hope you are pain free in no time and sprinting around like a teenager.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:36 PM

Robin:

Also I forgot that we learned yesterday that we have another daughter headed to FSU in December!  Keeley got her acceptance yesterday!

Congrat's to Keeley! She must be thrilled!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:59 PM

Stephanie:

Yes, it's great stuff. Even the waterbase is an amazingly  hard finish. I just tried a new one on some outside built in cabinets. It was very expensive, but claims to resist mildew, and have UV protection. It laid down very well for the areas that I had to brush and a soft shine. Loved it. Of course I would at $120.00 a gallon. LOL 

OMG!!!! $120/gal  YIKES. For that price it should apply and buff itself for a beautiful shine.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:00 PM

Stephanie:

So happy for you Lillie. It's had to be difficult managing the stairs with all the moving stuff back and forth with the new carpet. Hope you are pain free in no time and sprinting around like a teenager.

Oh to be a teenager again knowing everything that I now know at 62.  lol  When my lord and savior returns all will be it should be.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:02 PM

Robin:

How wonderful for the family. And a special CONGRATS to Keeley.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:57 PM

Lillie:

I'm happy to hear you are pain free and no rips or tears, etc., Lillie.  Did the shot hurt?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:00 PM

Stephanie:

Diane:

Oooh, can't wait to see it. Please take a pic for it. I need eye candy.

Oh, yes, Diane.  Please do.

Diane:
Do you ever use polyurithane for a finish for furniture?

$120 a gallon is steep, but I suppose well worth it for what it does.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:03 PM

Robin:
 Hurry for Keeley!  You really had a banner day yesterday, didn't you?  Congratulations!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:05 AM

Linny t:

I'm happy to hear you are pain free and no rips or tears, etc., Lillie.  Did the shot hurt?

No more than any shot you get from the dentist. Just for a second when the needle passes the skin. Then there was a slight burning sensation of the numbing medicine. Then nothing. I would think the numbing medicine and the cortisone are mixed together, but I did not ask. There was a sensation in my lower back as well. I really don't know how to describe the feeling other than it was just a feeling, or awareness, in my lower back. No pain or numbing in that area. So he must have been close to a nerve that goes up to my lower back. Then there was a feeling of fullness in my knee, like a water balloon, but not squishy. He said he had injected 9mm of liquid into my knee. No wonder it felt full. That sensation went away within an hour.

Last night we went to a free concert on the CSU campus. They were playing 80's retro. Pretty loud I might add. But we just went to spend time with our friends, share some food and wine and be outside. It was a beautiful evening under the trees with a light breeze  and no squiters!  (mosquitoes)  Anyway, while I was walking back from the trash can, they played Mickey, singer was dressed as a cheerleader in the original release back in the 80s, and I started jumping around doing her routine. Didn't hurt my knee at all  YAY! But our friend and my DH started yelling at me to stop cuz they were afraid I would hurt myself. DH said I would be really sore this morning because of my antics, but HA! I'm not.  lol  I actually made it down the stairs with no pain or stiffness whatsoever. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Page 92 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev9091929394Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use