rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:35 AM

Robin:
Today I hope to finish catching up my laundry, work on my quilt a little, weed eat the back yard, put the shower present together and work on the garter some more.  It's coming along and the wedding is not until the middle of August.  I feel so sorry for the bride's Mama.  She just lost her Mama so she is going through all of that and her daughter's wedding is the Saturday before school starts, which is always a busy time for a teacher.
 How sad for her to have these memories tarnished by what must be a constant reminder that her Mom's not here to see it.  Hopefully all the hustle & bustle of getting ready for the wedding will keep her mind too busy to dwell on it.  

What kind of cookies do you have planned to make?  I bet those cookie war recipes are coming in handy now, eh?

Hope you have a blessed day, too, Robin.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update you about Diane. She is having issues with her computer and is not able to log on to QCA. She can read our conversations, but she can not reply at this time.

Nellie (I think her name is Nellie) had 15 eggs and they are doing well inside the incubator. YAY!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 4:37 PM

Lillie:
She is having issues with her computer and is not able to log on to QCA.

Diane,

You poor dear having to go thru this again!!!! Hooray for Nellie and the eggs doing well in the incubator. Too fun!

Lillie,

Thanks for letting us know.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 4:54 PM

Robin,

Looks like once again my post didn't come thru. You are so special to make cookies for the shower. Such a bittersweet occasion now for the brides mom.  Sad to have lost her mother and that grandma won't be there to see the bride. 

Hope you had a good time at the Kiwanis meeting and were able to get your chores done and some work on your quilt.

I can't wait till I can get back into projects. This seems to be the year of rearranging for me. Don't understand why it seems when I'm the most busy I decide that something needs to be rearranged. It all started with something falling behind a bookshelf. Next thing I know I had taken everything off and moved it out to retrieve the fallen items and had a light bulb moment that the bookcases would look better on the opposite wall and so on. I should not be left alone to ponder. LOL

Haven't heard gator croaks today. Hopefully they're working their way back down to the canal. Hope your day was Blessed too.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:17 PM

Linny t:
 When I tell some people about the job I've got they wonder if I'm telling the truth, lol.

I remember my brother laughingly commenting that no one could make this stuff up. LOL. I'm sure the same applies in your case. Just when we think we've seen it all something new comes along to raise the eyebrows. LOL I'm sure I've raise someone elses a time or two as well. Funny to think I might be in a story told laughingly across a table.

I bought a lightbox today. Doggone Mary Corbett anyway. LOL Her blog pursuaded me to do this. She did a review on the artograph light box and next thing I know I had to have one. LOL.

I've really wanted one for quite a while and thought of making one, but after reading the reviews on Amazon and how slim it is I bit the bullet and bought one myself. My friend Sandy and I are going to get together soon and work on the Garden Patch Cat patterns we bought. It'll come in handy for tracing the patterns for those. I'll let you know what I think of it.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:25 PM

Don't know if anyone saw the notice, but QCA will be offline at midnight 12am. They're hoping it'll only be for a few hours but just in case wanted to let you know.

Diane, If you read this, I hope this will solve your problems.....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:07 PM

Thanks for the update Stephanie.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:10 PM

Lillie:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update you about Diane. She is having issues with her computer and is not able to log on to QCA. She can read our conversations, but she can not reply at this time.

Nellie (I think her name is Nellie) had 15 eggs and they are doing well inside the incubator. YAY!!!

Thanks, Lillie. 

Diane, how exciting, 15 eggs and you have the incubator this time.  Can't wait to see pics.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:17 PM

Stephanie:
I bought a lightbox today. Doggone Mary Corbett anyway. LOL Her blog pursuaded me to do this. She did a review on the artograph light box and next thing I know I had to have one. LOL.
 I put one of those on my Amazon wish list.  I put it there the same day she did the review.  Who knows, maybe someone will see it and send it to me for my birthday....just kidding.  They have them at my local art supply store and they look neat.  They have a nice, bright light in them and it lights across the screen very evenly.  I have a light box, but not as sleek and stylish as that one, lol.  Truth be told I don't use it all that much.  I've been glad I had it when I needed it, though.  Sure beats the dickens out of standing in front of the window.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:18 PM

Thanks for that info about QCA.  Hope they make things better.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:52 AM

Linny t:
 They have a nice, bright light in them and it lights across the screen very evenly.  I have a light box, but not as sleek and stylish as that one, lol.  Truth be told I don't use it all that much.  I've been glad I had it when I needed it, though.  Sure beats the dickens out of standing in front of the window.

I need bright light, and doing these things at the window is not fun. I hope someone does pick up on your wish list. Your birthdays coming up soon isn't it?

Is  Barb all settled in her new place now?

Looks like the site is running better this morning. Logged on with no errors. Woohoo.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:27 AM

Linny t:

Stephanie:
 I put one of those on my Amazon wish list.  I put it there the same day she did the review.  Who knows, maybe someone will see it and send it to me for my birthday....just kidding.  They have them at my local art supply store and they look neat.  They have a nice, bright light in them and it lights across the screen very evenly.  I have a light box, but not as sleek and stylish as that one, lol.  Truth be told I don't use it all that much.  I've been glad I had it when I needed it, though.  Sure beats the dickens out of standing in front of the window.

lol Ladies, I use my window as a light box. I just use painters tape to hold everything in place. I don't find that I trace often enough to justify purchasing a light box.

I'm so excited. We have all the wood cut for my table and now I'm going to start priming all the pieces. I decided to go with a spray can of low odor Kilz, well 2 cans actually. I'll see how that works on one board first. If the spray doesn't work, I'll switch to a brush and can of paint.  I just thought the spray would go quicker than the brush. Then I'll wait 24 hours and start painting everything white enamel. 

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 354
Points 9,595

Linny t:
Just wanted to update you about Diane

Thanks for the update, Linny.  I am glad to hear Nelly's eggs are in the incubator and are doing well.  I had gone on line to check out the type of lizards etc. that Diane has and I saw one with a lot of little ones running around.  That will be exciting.

Lillie, sounds like the new sewing equipment is coming right along.

George and I were in Parkersburg all day yesterday.  I had a VNG test at 9 a.m. It is a test to evaluate the function of my balance system.  It will probably show that it is just old age. lol   I was wore out when we got home; I stayed home from church, George went.  He is like the EverReady Bunny; he just keeps going.  Thank heavens for that!!   They said to call in 7 - 10 days to get the results. 

I have laundry to do so that's all for now.   Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:01 PM

Stephanie:

Is  Barb all settled in her new place now?

Looks like the site is running better this morning. Logged on with no errors. Woohoo.

Yes, pretty much.  She still has the old place up for sale, so that takes some of her time.  She had an offer yesterday, so just hoping it all goes throug.

The site does seem to be working better.  I didn't see Diane posting, so I suppose it didn't help her problem.

Diane, if you're still lurking...miss you posts.  Can't wait to hear how the eggs are doing...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,261
Points 112,790
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:04 PM

normajo1030:
George and I were in Parkersburg all day yesterday.  I had a VNG test at 9 a.m. It is a test to evaluate the function of my balance system.  It will probably show that it is just old age. lol   I was wore out when we got home; I stayed home from church, George went.  He is like the EverReady Bunny; he just keeps going.  Thank heavens for that!!   They said to call in 7 - 10 days to get the results. 

What's a VNG test, Jo?  Hope it's all just normal for you and you don't have to wait too long.  

Linny T

Page 82 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev8081828384Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use