rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:49 PM

Robin:
We made it home about 1 am and now my family is sleeping but we'll be headed to my brother's beach house this afternoon for my neice's birthday. 

Oh, good for you! Sorry it has to be a short stay, but I hope it's wonderful for you. Aren't the stencils wonderful. So thought out and nicely made. It was fun just to use them with pen and sketchbook.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:51 PM

Linny t:
All the links are there for me.

Really? I only have two showing discussions. One is My Day and the other is Welcome to the Group. That's it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:21 PM

Linny t:
I thought, Robin should be getting that award.  I wish they would have asked us.  We'd have all voted for you for sure!  We all know you as the teacher who goes the extra mile...literally.  You've done such a wonderful job of teaching those kids to have a spirit of community service.

That was such a wonderful tribute, and I whole heartedly second it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:43 PM

Linny t:
Maybe it's the start of a collection.  Do you have any other pieces?  A corner shelf would be cool.  Would you put glass doors on it?

I was teasing Mike this very day that I have branched off from collecting somewhat vintage electrolux vacuum cleaners to a new collection of sewing machines. LOL. I'd like to add to the display maybe a few antique things. Maybe a couple crocheted doilies, a couple old needle tins,thimbles,  pincushions and such. It's a great ideato have glass doors just for the protection from dust. This would be a good time to check into that because there's such a  trend in kitchen cabinetry, etc to have glass doors lately that I think they'd be easy to order. I have old time customers in the glass business too that I could ask to cut glass for me if I need something custom. Thanks for the idea, I see a plan coming on. LOL 

Linny t:
 I didn't realize Otis was so old.  Must be because of all the TLC you give him.

Mike swears he survives on love. I've had a few close calls with him over the past couple years. At one time he'd lost so much weight and was sliding off the arm of the chair while he was sleeping. I thought for sure I'd lose him, but he came back. I will surely be broken hearted if something happens to him after all these years, but as long as I see the "light" in his eyes when I say "Lets get the frogs" I know he's still with me.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:49 PM

Linny t:
Nate is great.  He got to learn about fishing this week.  His mom and he spent the day yesterday with a friend of Audra's who lives in the next town.  The lady lives right on the water and she fishes all the time.  She had a small pole for her own grandson that she taught Nate how to bait and cast.  He didn't want to leave, Audra said.

Oh how fun for him! My sis's husband taught Paul to fish when we lived in Ohio. I still have a pic of him with his first bass. I hope they got or get pic's of Nate catching his first.

Linny t:
Maybe that's why I fell asleep so easily.  The house was quiet without them.

Sometimes those sleeps are the most blissful. You've been so busy for the last couple months I think you still have a lot of rest to catch up on..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 8:55 PM

Diane:
My cat is 15.  Over the years she has become much more loving and used to the ways I show love for her.  And she is such a purr baby.  Purrs all the time.

OMG, I don't remember you ever mentioning you had a cat. You surely can relate. What's her name? I'm assuming she's perfectly accustomed to Guido, Nelly and Tito or we'd have heard. Has Nelly laid yet? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:07 PM

normajo1030:

I told her mom to give her a doll and tell her to pull the dolls hair when she felt like pulling her eyebrows.  I just got an email and Nikki said she did that; so we will see how it works.  When the kids were a lot younger, Nikki said she couldn't get them to learn their address and phone number.   I told her to sing them to them, because kids can learn songs without any trouble.   Nikki did it and they learned them right away.   I am glad Haley is not as shy as my boys were.  I was talking to my middle son, Dave last night and he said the same thing.  He is a salesman for a tool company, but he says if he is at a party  etc. people will ask him why he is so quiet.  They all were/are. 

Good advice Jo. 

normajo1030:

I purchased a little "money tree"  in one of the stores up in Massillon yesterday for $5.  I looked on the computer this a.m. to see how to take care of it , water/ transplanting  and whatever I needed to do.  There they were on Amazon the same size for $29.99   and up!  You keep braiding the trunk while it is green.  The leaves look like the plant that people get arrested for growing. (can't spell it).  Except  the leaves on the other one have jagged edges on them. When I have more time I will take a picture.     Jo

Best of luck with your money tree Jo. I've been trying to think of plants I've seen braided like that. I think one was bamboo, and the other ficus. I looked up the money trees and they are malabar chestnuts. Pretty cool! Lots of pic's for them, and they use them in Feng shui to produce positive vibrations and prosperity. Who couldn't use that? Look forward to a pic.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:11 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
All the links are there for me.

Really? I only have two showing discussions. One is My Day and the other is Welcome to the Group. That's it.

I posted in it to keep the thread active.  It's been since May that anyone posted in it.  My guess is that your settings don't show things that are older.  If you go to the front page of this forum, there's a link to it under "Current Projects", too.  Also, in Pages there's a link to the guidelines.  Let me know if you can see it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:13 PM

Stephanie:
Mike swears he survives on love. I've had a few close calls with him over the past couple years. At one time he'd lost so much weight and was sliding off the arm of the chair while he was sleeping. I thought for sure I'd lose him, but he came back. I will surely be broken hearted if something happens to him after all these years, but as long as I see the "light" in his eyes when I say "Lets get the frogs" I know he's still with me.
 That's so precious, Stephanie.  Made me find my kitty and hug him.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315
Darlene replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:06 PM

Evening friends.  

What a week.  Market was a warm, dry, cloudy day.  I got new sun burns.  In an effort to even up my legs which got burnt on the back 3 weeks ago, I sat facing the sun while working on the binding for the wedding quilt.  I now have stripes down the front of each leg which are burnt and no tan on either side of the burn.  My face and arms are burnt again.  Crazy!!

To back up, I broke my little toe on my right foot on Monday while at Mom's.  Nothing to do but tape it up so that is what I am doing.  Today the wrap slid forward and was not giving me the compression I needed while going all over town so I was very sore when I got home.

I sold a quilt yesterday at Market.  Almost didn't put it out but decided "why not?"  Man who bought it drove by while traveling thru our town on business and came around the block to come back and buy it.  I bought two wrought iron plant stands which I put on top of the tables and drape quilts over to give height to my display.  I now feel that this was a good investment.  I was so happy to sell this quilt because I made it almost two years ago.  Not much other activity for the day so it was good he "saw" me from the street.  LOL!

Today I got an invitation to a Bicentennial 3 day event in September.  I had to really think about it to remember where I was when the lady took my business card.  It was Mother's Day weekend and she really liked my product mix.  This would be my first multi-day event outdoors but I think it would be so much fun.  Tim has said he will figure out life without me if I choose to go.  Best part is that they are not charging vendors who want to participate.  My "partner in crime" who was with me Mother's Day is interested in going along for the event which would be a  big help.  She is so good with set up and knows the drill.  Best part is that her sister lives not to far and may let us crash at her house for the weekend.

Well, I still have a couple stitches before I can put this wedding quilt in the bag and I want to get some sleep tonight.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I will try to post a pic of this tent when it is finished.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:32 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am finally home from the Tennessee, the beach and everywhere else.   Now for a few weeks to get some stuff done around the house and in the sewing room.   I've got way to many projects started to and need to complete something.   One of the activities I have to work on this week is stuff for the shower I'm helping give this coming weekend.   But the most of it is baking so that won't be to bad.

Linny,   Thank you so much for the sweet words.  Stephanie is right it was an amazing tribute.   I'm so glad you had some time to yourself.  And Congratulations to Nate.

Diane,  I hope things go well with your dragons this time.   I would love to see what the babies look like.

Darlene, Congrats on finishing your quilt and on selling one.

Stephanie,  I love the idea of your little collection to go with your machine.

Jo,  Your so smart.  I think that's great advice.

Have a great evening everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 14 2013 8:37 PM

Well, I finally got on the site.  I've been unable to all day long.  From the looks of it so has everyone else.

Robin, glad you get a few weeks in between for yourself.  What kind of shower are you baking for?

Darlene,  sorry you broke your toe.  It's those little accidents that can give take the joy out of mundane tasks.  Congrats on your quilt sale.  That's cool that he saw it driving by and turned around to come get it.  I'm glad you have a helper in the mix.  That must make things much easier and nice for you to have company at the market.  I suppose it's hard to get an even tan when you are standing or sitting.  Not much you can do about it, though.  Hope the burn turns tan quickly for you.  The 3 day event in September sounds like a cool adventure, too.   Something to look forward to.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 8:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are all having a good start to your Monday Morning.  I'm slowly getting motivated to get one the ball.

Linny, I'm baking for a wedding shower.  I've also have to get started beading the piece for the girl's keepsake garter.  

Have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

I guess everyone was having the same trouble I was having trying to get on "our" site.  Glad it is working now!!  

I feel so much better about Haley since I found out from you that other children have pulled/cut their eyebrows.  I haven't heard from her since she went home.  I told her to call me once in a while. (She made calls in the morning and evening to her relatives when she was here) and talked like a teenager.  I don't know if her mom (my granddaughter) won't let her use the phone or what.  My granddaughter doesn't call me as often as I would like her too.  I know everyone is busy and I am not good at calling either.  

I do miss Haley......things she did good and things she argued about. lol

I am doing something tomorrow that I have wanted to do for several years....change hairdressers.  I have went to the same one since I came down here (10 years ago). I haven't  changed because this is such a small town, I know I will run into her at the funeral home or the grocery store and it will make me feel guilty.  I only go to the hairdresser for perms and when I need colored.  I have always been able to do my own hair in between.  The lady I am going to tomorrow has been doing my nails with GEL polish for 3 months and I am going to try her for color.   Re: GEL POLISH, if you haven't tried it you should, it is great...you walk out being able to touch it or work and it doesn't smear or chip!! It helps your nails grow.   This isn't gel nails it is only polish, but the steps they go makes it last!      Have any of you had an issue re: changing hairdressers?

I had better get busy; I talked to a lady from church for an hour this morning, so needless to say I haven't done anything.

BTY.... I love "Windows 8" now!!

Page 80 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev7879808182Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use