My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:16 PM

Stephanie----that's exactly the machine that I learned to sew on.  My mother had one and my grandmother had the same machine.  I wish I had one now.  Kudos to you!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:27 PM

Stephanie,

What a great find for you. The cabinet looks incredible. I hear those little feather weights are wonderful.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:58 PM

Diane:
that's exactly the machine that I learned to sew on.

Makes it all the more special. Did you get the borders all together and sandwiched?

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 5:10 PM

Lillie:
I hear those little feather weights are wonderful.

It is small in size, but I'm not sure it's a featherweight. With the case I think it must weigh 30 lbs. LOL. I had to have Mike carry it in.

I will say I was really surprised at the heavy duty factor. They had it threaded with upholstery thread top and bobbin. My high end machine always balked at using these threads but it seems effortless in using them. Little workhorses they seem to be.

It's been fun to surf and look at pic's and downloding the manual. I have to appreciate the detail in the manuals for those times. It was 56 pages!   

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 7:35 PM

Lillie, I hear you about your plate being full.  I have so many half finished things around me and I always gravitate to the "new" thing in my head.  I haven't tried the stencils, except on paper.  Great shapes, aren't they?  I don't have any CQ that's lacking a seam treatment, so I guess I'll have to make on.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 7:38 PM

Stephanie, your featherweight looks like the sewing machine I learned to sew on.  It's beautiful!  What a find!  I'm glad you're back.  We've missed you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 7:40 PM

Stephanie:
I have to appreciate the detail in the manuals for those times. It was 56 pages!   
 I bet all 56 were in English, too.  Now days you get a thick manual, but it's written if 5 different languages.  The product of international trade, I suppose.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:01 PM

I forgot to tell you that I'm glad you got your stencils. They really are great shapes.

I missed all of you too.

Linny t:
I bet all 56 were in English, too.

Yes they were and detailed drawings. When I got my Sapphire there were hardly any instructions at all and yes like you said pages and pages of different languages. They ought to do a decent pdf. download that would be available in the language of choice and save all that paper. Or let the dealers order the manuals when they order the machines. That kind of waste bugs me, especially when you think of all the products it involoves. Oh well, can't change the world. I can only change me.

Time to call it a day. Have a lovely evening everyone....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:18 PM

Stephanie---I am still cutting the batting to size.  I have to take my time---kills my back and let muscles.  We do have a rec room here but I didn't think of using it.  Thanks for the idea though.

Poor Nelly has been scratching all day off and on in her "birthing box".  She is so big this time.  I feel sorry for her.  I took her out and gave her a warm bath.  Then I wrapped her in a towel and rocked her for a half hour.  She totally relaxed.  She has not be sleeping well and has been hyperactive.  Well, that's what's happening in Lizard World!  :o)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:27 AM

Diane:
I am still cutting the batting to size.  I have to take my time---kills my back and let muscles.

I can imagine. That's my least favorite part. Do you hand baste, pin, or spray?

Diane:
Poor Nelly has been scratching all day off and on in her "birthing box".  

poor Nelly. How long does it take for the incubator to ship? Hope it comes in time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 11:32 AM

Diane:
Poor Nelly has been scratching all day off and on in her "birthing box".  She is so big this time.  I feel sorry for her.  I took her out and gave her a warm bath.  Then I wrapped her in a towel and rocked her for a half hour.  She totally relaxed.  She has not be sleeping well and has been hyperactive.  Well, that's what's happening in Lizard World!  :o)
 You are such a caring lizard mommy, Diane.  I hope it all goes well for dear Nelly.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:18 PM

Linny,

Looks like admin has been cleaning house and deleted our Round Robin. I hope you can get it back . I know you put a lot of work into it posting all the rules.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,076
Points 66,445
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:31 PM

On the way home from Nashville wanted to share that the kids all scored in the 90's .  Two teams scored a 99 .  They all earned a gold medal.  I'm very tired but also very proud.

Mrs.Smith

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:09 PM

Stephanie-- I'm not using anything like spray for the batting.  I may machine stitch it.  Then I'll quilt it.  I don't think the owner will mind.  I think I'll make him a couple of pillows since I have some backing fabric left over.  I have some pillow forms.  He has waited so long for this.

Mrs Smith---so nice that everyone did so well.  Kudos to you!

Linny--you are so right.  I love my lizards and they are my babies.  I have gotten the temperature right for hatching and now know how to add a little water when the eggs need it without water logging them--lol.  Don't know when the incubator will come.  Last time they were growing well when the shells got too wet.  I could see them forming when I opened them. I had kept them alive for about 2 weeks and the incubation period is about a month.  I can probably keep them alive until it comes.  No eggs yet--Nelly is still scratching in her laying box off and on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:30 PM

Robin,

That's awesome that the kids scored so high and got gold medals. WTG! Hope you have a safe trip back and get some rest....

Page 78 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev7677787980Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use